Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   How to make these fuming pattern? (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317791)

s0201228 2021-10-25 1:42am

How to make these fuming pattern?

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! :wave:

I am new in lampworking. I find the galaxy sphere is very beautiful, I want to make by myself, so I am here!:biggrin:

I recently find some interesting fuming pattern from web but I dont know how to make it, they looks very beautiful

For the line pattern (1st photo) , does it make by fuming inside the tube then lined with clear and melt it into sphere?

And for the droplet/water wave pattern (2nd photo), does it make by simply adding clear onto the surface and not melt it too much?

I really want to make them myself but dont know how :(

Any ideas for these pattern? :biggrin:

lunesse 2021-11-16 10:35am

I wish I knew, that is lovely! The bottom ones just look like the the glass has been made uneven on the top, which just lets light through differently. Take a round bead and flatten different planes on top to make like a rock shape?

Welcome!

istandalone24/7 2021-11-17 6:18am

2 Attachment(s)
is this style close to what you are looking for? i'll post up a step by step on how to achieve the "chaos" pattern in a couple hours (at work now) but in the mean time, if you google "glassline magazine & chaos marble" you'll probably find a tutorial or a write up of the technique.
either way i'll get back to this asap and give you the low down..it's pretty easy really, and an absolute blast to work with.

aommaster 2021-11-17 9:46pm

I'd be interested in the writeup. I read the tutorial on GlassLine, but it's not quite what I'm trying to achieve.

Jeri 2021-11-18 2:41pm

Me too! I love your chaos opal marbles.

Calypso 2021-11-22 5:20pm

Marble

Me too!!! Thanks

s0201228 2022-01-11 12:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunesse (Post 5118127)
I wish I knew, that is lovely! The bottom ones just look like the the glass has been made uneven on the top, which just lets light through differently. Take a round bead and flatten different planes on top to make like a rock shape?

Welcome!

I think so, I will try that later. Thank you! :biggrin:

s0201228 2022-01-11 12:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by istandalone24/7 (Post 5118198)
is this style close to what you are looking for? i'll post up a step by step on how to achieve the "chaos" pattern in a couple hours (at work now) but in the mean time, if you google "glassline magazine & chaos marble" you'll probably find a tutorial or a write up of the technique.
either way i'll get back to this asap and give you the low down..it's pretty easy really, and an absolute blast to work with.

Your chaos marble is amazing! I made some chaos marbles but cannot get result like yours.

And also, I do think this style is close to what I am looking for. I just dunno the technique.