Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   "Apricot" Coral ? (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305643)

Ravenesque 2018-04-24 10:36pm

"Apricot" Coral ?

1 Attachment(s)
I actually am missing the 500 varieties of coral. I only have orange now and a couple rods of 'persimmon'. It's been a good while since we've had any new tones of coral.

A customer asked for "coral" and I had to laugh in my head. Of course the dress she showed looks like "poppy". Is there any glass 96 even that comes close? I ordered Reichenbach Flamingo and Apricot and both are just flesh colored boring.

kansassky 2018-04-25 6:11am

One thing I have noticed about the corals...

You can NOT trust the rod color to be an authentic portrayal of the REAL color once it is melted.

Be careful!

I have about 15 different versions of Effetre coral.
And yes, they are all different.

Shrimp 2018-04-25 6:29am

Try mixing. Is there a translucent white in the 96 color line? Try mixing it with colors like coral, persimmon, orange, or apricot. You might come out with something interesting. In the 104 line, CiM has a number of translucent whites to play with. Marshmallow was a good choice.

Elizabeth Beads 2018-04-25 10:26am

Tom Gronwall had some beads on Facebook that exact color. He said it was 591419-O.

I don't have any of that one, so can't confirm, but if you google "Tom Gronwall Etsy" (or search for Jewelweaver on Etsy) you can find examples in his listings or his sold items.

Lorraine Chandler 2018-04-25 10:57am

I just went out and looked for you but the only color that even came close and looks just like the color on my monitor was orange sherbet. :sad:

Ravenesque 2018-04-25 11:43pm

1 Attachment(s)
I realize now I think I've asked this before :lol: I was asking even for an enamel this color...anything. I just really want something other than orange.
I'm just surprised there's nothing, no bullseye? Lauscha? Anything other than boro, if this existed I'm in.

Shrimp, I could mix for this one customer, if it were one bead. I remember a fb group that was just for mixing glass, this was one of the colors, a couple came close but I can't remember what, and it was not what we would've imagined.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads (Post 4986803)
Tom Gronwall had some beads on Facebook that exact color. He said it was 591419-O.

I don't have any of that one, so can't confirm, but if you google "Tom Gronwall Etsy" (or search for Jewelweaver on Etsy) you can find examples in his listings or his sold items.

I have this, mine is very orange. Cool streaky oranges, but orange. It's one I'm sending her, I'll try and get a pic.
(next to it is Reichenbach Apricot, while it is a tan, it is not this dark)

-edit wow ok, so all those beads he's calling apricot are this color? It's orange though, that's why it's called Apricot Orange on Frantz, I'm stumped

Elizabeth Beads 2018-04-26 7:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenesque (Post 4986878)

I have this, mine is very orange. Cool streaky oranges, but orange. It's one I'm sending her, I'll try and get a pic.
(next to it is Reichenbach Apricot, while it is a tan, it is not this dark)

-edit wow ok, so all those beads he's calling apricot are this color? It's orange though, that's why it's called Apricot Orange on Frantz, I'm stumped

There is 591419-O and 591419-OO. What I have is older and just marked 591419.

Maybe Tom just got a different batch?

ETA: beads by Tom Gronwall.

https://img.etsystatic.com/il/a6a179....jpg?version=0

echeveria 2018-04-26 10:05am

I have several flavors of that, including one that is yellow

Ravenesque 2018-05-01 11:22pm

ELizabeth those are yours? Yes then I would assume without the O is the pretty apricot :/

Mine is the -O in the pic, I also have OO and it's oranger.

So, just a heads up if you order thinking it'll be like his, it's not anymore, I have a batch from earlier and from a couple months ago.

Still searching, I wonder if it's like making pink and that's why we never get this hue?

Elizabeth Beads 2018-05-02 7:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenesque (Post 4987600)
ELizabeth those are yours? Yes then I would assume without the O is the pretty apricot :/

Mine is the -O in the pic, I also have OO and it's oranger.

So, just a heads up if you order thinking it'll be like his, it's not anymore, I have a batch from earlier and from a couple months ago.

Still searching, I wonder if it's like making pink and that's why we never get this hue?

Tom Gronwall’s beads. He said it was 591419-O. I don’t have that one, as I said up above somewhere.

kansassky 2018-05-02 7:33pm

1 Attachment(s)
I can suggest Effetre 420 POP, Coral Poppy and Effetre 420 PP, Peach Persimmon.

I also think you might consider CIM Phoenix.

Ravenesque 2018-05-02 10:35pm

CIM Phoenix is sadly bright orange now. It was always orange, but a striking orange, now it's just straight up bright orange, brighter than my pic up there of Effetre Apricot Orange.

None of those are in production anymore :-|

5betsy 2018-05-03 6:59am

1 Attachment(s)
I have some 96 red that is coral. Let me see if I can load a pic.

Let me know if this works for you.

kansassky 2018-05-03 7:27am

How much do you need? Is this for a special project?

Or, are you wanting suggestions for glass in production?

Elizabeth Beads 2018-05-03 8:41am

Or how about Carnelian Opalino?