Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Asheville, NC Mega Bead Retreat (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89165)

msjjjj 2008-04-18 1:08pm

Asheville, NC Mega Bead Retreat

Asheville is beautiful in the spring and the weather should be just perfect for torching.

What: 3 wonderful days of torching, sharing and fun!!!

Where: A Touch of Glass (home of Hot Time in the Mountains and more)
Asheville, NC

When: Friday, May 23-Sunday, May 25. 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 9:00 a.m. - mid to late afternoon on Sunday.

Cost: $250.00. Includes torches, 02, propane, kilns, 3 lunches and 1 dinner.

Bring your own glass and tools (although we can arrange to loan tools if needed). All skill levels are welcome - we ask only that you be comfortable at the torch without direct supervision.
We'll have demos, exchanges, a mini-bead bazaar, a garage sale to trade/sell all those tools and other goodies you thought you just couldn't live without, and a couple of not-yet-announced surprises.

There are still spaces available. Torching in the spring in the mountains - what better way to spend a weekend?

Contact Marjorie Langston (mlangston00@aol.com) to register or for additional information.

pierces*designs 2008-04-18 1:13pm

And...I'll be there! Muhahaha

cghipp 2008-04-18 1:45pm

I'm sitting here thinking, hey, that's more than two weeks before my due date... I might be able to get away with that...

msjjjj 2008-04-18 2:11pm

yup - Debbie will be there

umm.....Courtney - as much as we would love to have you in the group, please stay home. You don't want to be birthin' no babies on that floor.

M.

cghipp 2008-04-18 2:14pm

But there are plenty of sharp objects around if I need an emergency c-section!

eclectic-el 2008-04-18 2:29pm

Courtney...........ML is right!! I'd love to see your baby but not when it's coming into the world!!!!!! You are too funny girlfriend. We will all miss ya so much, me especially!!!

Hey folks, if you've never been to one of these galas......now is your chance. You won't be sorry. Glass, chocolate, friends, cheetos, wonderful learning experiences, food...did I mention food??? Oh nevermind my diet, I'll be on vacation with the Hot Time bunch and you could be too! This will be my third time and it's bound to be a blast.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Ellen

pierces*designs 2008-04-18 2:29pm

Umm as much as I have helped animals birthing I am not ready for human birthing. Pushing out one of my own was bad enough!

ginkgoglass 2008-04-18 2:30pm

Glad you will be there Debbie -- missed you at the last Hot Times. Even though it is so much fun and laid back, it's amazing what you can learn at these events. I just cannot imagine missing this. I'll be there if all goes well! Lana

cghipp 2008-04-18 2:33pm

I'm just kidding, you guys! By that time my arms won't be long enough to reach the torch. Although I AM planning to the family up to Asheville so I can visit during the fall retreat.

I'll miss you too, Ellen! Eat a piece of that delicious pizza for me if you guys have it!

eclectic-el 2008-04-18 2:45pm

Oooooh, yum!! How could I forget to mention that pizza???? More to look forward to.
I'll have a slice for ya dear, don't worry. LOL! (I'd still rather have you there but not till after you are done with the birthin' as ML said)
E

ginkgoglass 2008-04-18 2:47pm

Courtney, that pizza and all those hormones in that building would certainly put you directly in labor!

Carolyn Ramsay 2008-04-18 3:26pm

Asheville Bead Retreat

Hi, Debbie! The Columbia crew will be there! We can't wait to see you and Marjorie! We always have a great time in Asheville at retreats!
Courtney, I didn't realize you were busily hatching up something in Rock Hill. When is your due date? How is Olivia feeling about a new sibling?
Carolyn

dogmaw 2008-04-18 3:55pm

Too fun! Drat, I'm teaching in the summer then. :(

msjjjj 2008-04-18 4:17pm

Lana and Carolyn and co. are coming too! And, yup - we'll be having that pizza for dinner on Saturday night!

M.

Courtney we'll be looking foward to finally meeting Brian and Olivia as well as the new one in the fall!

cghipp 2008-04-18 5:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolyn Ramsay (Post 1802264)
Hi, Debbie! The Columbia crew will be there! We can't wait to see you and Marjorie! We always have a great time in Asheville at retreats!
Courtney, I didn't realize you were busily hatching up something in Rock Hill. When is your due date? How is Olivia feeling about a new sibling?
Carolyn

Carolyn - Yep, I've been a recluse for a while so no one in "real life" knows what's going on with me! We're having a boy, with a c-section scheduled for June 9 (unfortunately), and Livy is over the moon! She talks about her little brother all the time. Say hello to Ed for me and Livy!

Courtney

valerie_folly 2008-04-18 6:28pm

I'm really looking forward to it. Last fall (my first HotTimes) was so much fun and Gary's place is one of the most unique places I've ever been. Food, friends, and fire in gorgeous Asheville! I'll try to remember the bracelet I made with exchange beads afterwards.
See you then Marjorie!

msjjjj 2008-04-18 7:00pm

hey Valerie - looking forward to seeing you there also.

I have two challenges or exchanges in mind - maybe we can manage to do both. More details when we get there.

Marjorie

Martha Fuerst 2008-04-18 7:17pm

I wouldn't miss it! The fall '07 retreat at "A Touch of Glass" was so great the first weekend that I went back and attended the second weekend! Talent and ideas shared with new and old friends in the perfect atmosphere of - what else - glass! This will be my fifth bead retreat led by Marjorie - they just keep getting better. Bead makers - we've got to keep meeting like this! And Asheville is sooo beautiful!

msjjjj 2008-04-19 5:26am

Martha is absolutely right - Asheville is wonderful. If you're coming to the retreat and you can spare a couple of extra days for exploring, you won't regret it.

M.

AnnieQ 2008-04-19 5:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierces*designs (Post 1802154)
Umm as much as I have helped animals birthing I am not ready for human birthing.

I'm betting you could do it...:lol:

AnnieQ 2008-04-19 5:33am

If I get the moolah I wanna go, too.
Asheville is my hometown. And actually where Garys shop is, is the old fire station that my grandpaw worked at. He was the captain.
My elementary school is right next door.

Oh I wanna attend so bad.

Martha Fuerst 2008-04-19 7:40am

Annie, what a fabulous connection - that your grandfather was captain at what is now "A Touch of Glass!" It's meant to be - I hope you can come! It is really a memorable time with lots of activity and fun going on! :waving:

Glenda's Art Glass 2008-04-19 7:57am

I will be there. This is my first time to be at the retreat and from reading all the post, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Marjorie has been great in getting all the information to me. I live in West Tennessee and not many lampworkers are around so it will great to be around people who do not look at me as if I'm crazy when I tell them that I play with a torch all the time.

Glenda

msjjjj 2008-04-19 9:32am

Hey Glenda - I promise - no one will look at you like you're crazy! See you soon.

M.

pierces*designs 2008-04-19 4:18pm

Everyone who ever thought about going to a bead retreat should go to this. It's like getting classes from everyone around you for 3 days!

msjjjj 2008-04-19 5:41pm

Annie - PM your email address to me and I'll send you the registration/release form - that way you'll already have it if you decide you can come. I think a couple of folks may also be looking for others to share motel rooms - everyone let me know if I need to put people in touch with each other.

M.

susanlambert 2008-04-19 7:45pm

My first bead retreat in Asheville was last fall, and it was great. Meeting the lampworkers from the area, trading beads, sharing skills. Try to come if you can!

msjjjj 2008-04-21 12:53pm

we're getting a surprise! Thanks to Debbie Pierce.

Marjorie

pierces*designs 2008-04-21 1:11pm

And no, it's not a free parrot to a lucky winner! :)

jewlie beads 2008-04-21 1:50pm

Do they have the Bead Retreat here every spring? I live about 4 1/2 hours away and would love to try and come next year.