Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Maine Area Glass Jam--Mar 16, 17 & 18, 2012--Rockland, ME (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219555)

Playing with Fire! 2012-03-08 5:33pm

Maine Area Glass Jam--Mar 16, 17 & 18, 2012--Rockland, ME
 


St. Paddy's Day Weekend Glass Jam!

March 16, 17 & 18, 2012 ---- Playing with Fire! - Rockland, Maine

Starting at 5:30pm Friday... then from 9am 'til we drop on Saturday night, then we do it again on Sunday. :-D Come for just one day, or all days. $20 Friday night; $35/day on Sat & Sun = torch time, friends, food, networking, sharing of new techniques/products, door prizes, and whatever else you can think of!

We have ten torch stations and a variety of torches to share. Bring techniques, questions, show and tell... Bring your latest book/magazine, new glass... to share... request a demo, do a demo... It's always a friendly mix of veterans and newbies. Any level of glass working experience welcome... torching, sharing, networking... and a good time with all!

Bring your flameworking glasses, and any glass or tools that you'll want to work with. Glass for sale also. We have studio tools that you're welcome to use. Bring your own torch if you wish (if you have quick-connects). Bring questions and techniques to share. And if you'd like: bring something to add to the door-prize pile.

POT LUCK, both days! ...please, and thank you! Bring your favorite dishes to share! We'll provide coffee, teas, water (we have a water cooler, please bring your refillable water bottle, thank you!) We have a gas grill on the deck, and a kitchen with range and microwave for cooking and reheating. Get the ball rolling, and post your RSVPs (and your pot luck contribution plans) here in this thread! :grin:


Please RSVP here in this thread… or hotglass@midcoast.com or 207-594-7805
*RSVPs most appreciated, but if you find that you can make it at the last minute, please do.*


Accommodations: The Old Granite Inn , right across the street, offers a year-round 20% off Playing with Fire! rate to our students/guests----group/s share/s with the larger suite/s is possible. (room-shares may be coordinated here in this thread, or by PM too.) See listings for additional accommodations at http://www.therealmaine.com


Ed & Virginia
Playing with Fire! Glassworks & Gallery
497 Main Street * Rockland, ME 04841
Studio/Hotshop at lower level/harborside www.playingwithfireglassworks.com

Sue in Maine 2012-03-08 6:57pm

So far, Kristi, Pam and I are 3 of the 4 in The Granite Inn suite. We're waiting for Sonje's schedule and are hoping she's out 4th. Yep, the room is already booked for us!

I will be arriving on Sat. and leaving on Sun.

Can NOT wait!!!

Sue

pamw@sacoriver.net 2012-03-08 7:18pm

Are we drawing straws to see who has to sleep with Sue? Thank goodness for wine... lol

Playing with Fire! 2012-03-08 9:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 3924622)
Are we drawing straws to see who has to sleep with Sue? Thank goodness for wine... lol


Drawing straws is probably not necessary. She'll be so overcome with smugness in her reign as the Cribbage Queen she'll be exhausted, and the night will be blissfully restful.

But just to be sure, we'll get an extra bottle. Or two. :wink:

Sue in Maine 2012-03-09 5:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 3924622)
Are we drawing straws to see who has to sleep with Sue? Thank goodness for wine... lol

sigh... guess what I found out AND ORDERED! The king size bed converts into 2 twins so I asked them to please do this for us. NOBODY gets to sleep with me this time!!!

HA HA HA on all of you.... (Man, that sounds weird now that I've typed it!)

Sue

Sue in Maine 2012-03-09 5:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playing with Fire! (Post 3924862)
Drawing straws is probably not necessary. She'll be so overcome with smugness in her reign as the Cribbage Queen she'll be exhausted, and the night will be blissfully restful.

But just to be sure, we'll get an extra bottle. Or two. :wink:

HEYYYYYy.... I resemble that remark.... :-k

Looking forward to the jam but not sure if I want Pam and Duane to meet! One at a time is bad enough but if/when they gang up on me???? :-#

Sue

Sue in Maine 2012-03-09 5:27am

I will bring my LRC dice so if anyone wants to "gamble" with glass rods, label some rods-- be nice, don't make them ALL boring common colors. Think of colors you might have that you have enough to share a rod with someone else who may not have tried it. Think of what you'd like to win if my dice weren't crooked... uh, er, if I wasn't as lucky as I am. Yeah, that's what I meant....

I'll see about bringing a fabric rod carrier for the door prize drawings. Folks who may be there for the first time: the drawings are not required but they're fun. You do NOT have to bring something to donate but if you choose to, it's always fun to go through drawing names twice... and that was a one time fluke that I missed one name and got someone else in twice - and no it wasn't my name!

The food is always "to die for." We have amazing cooks and folks are always thoughtful of Virginia's allergy to wheat. I got a fantastic recipe for pulled pork from .... someone!

If you are anywhere near Maine, the Glass Jam is THE place to be. They don't say "What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland" for nothing! (That's usually followed up by me offering information for a price!)

Please join us if you can. Believe me, it's worth the trip.

Sue

pamw@sacoriver.net 2012-03-09 7:27am

I think that I will bring supplies for a boiled dinner for Saturday. If anyone wants to bring raw carrots, potatos, etc, LMK.

I think I will have a wooden marble holder for a door prize.

If Sue loses at cribbage, it could be a long, long night.... I better bring a bottle of wine too...

Pam

Sue in Maine 2012-03-09 11:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 3925125)
I think that I will bring supplies for a boiled dinner for Saturday. If anyone wants to bring raw carrots, potatos, etc, LMK.

I think I will have a wooden marble holder for a door prize.

If Sue loses at cribbage, it could be a long, long night.... I better bring a bottle of wine too...

Pam

I am so misunderstood.... sigh....

demcc2 2012-03-09 5:25pm

EXCUSE ME??? Are you implying that she has a CHANCE of winning? NO Teriyaki chicken wings for you!


Duane
PS I guess this is an RSVP!

demcc2 2012-03-09 5:27pm

Pam, I'm making the BEST marble for Sue!! I'm praying that it turns out legible!

Duane

casevent@yahoo.com 2012-03-09 5:28pm

I will be there on Saturday. Food item yet to be determined.:waving:

Candy

Sue in Maine 2012-03-09 5:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by demcc2 (Post 3925860)
Pam, I'm making the BEST marble for Sue!! I'm praying that it turns out legible!

Duane

That marble had better say WINNAH on it cuz that's what I'm gonna be... the WINNAH and STILL CHAMPEEN......

Stay tuned folks. It's shaping up to be the grudge cribbage match of the year.

Sue

Sue in Maine 2012-03-09 5:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by casevent@yahoo.com (Post 3925861)
I will be there on Saturday. Food item yet to be determined.:waving:

Candy

Most excellent, Candy, and welcome to LE!

Sue

pamw@sacoriver.net 2012-03-09 9:12pm

Good news/ Bad news...... I didn't think I could get there until Saturday afternoon. Looks like I will be there all day!!!!!

I think we should have a green bead contest.... Who can make the tackiest green bead?

Seriously, anybody interested in a boiled dinner??? Cabbage might be what I need to fight Sue's swelled head if she wins, or it might get me my own bed too!

Pam

demcc2 2012-03-10 5:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 3926185)
Good news/ Bad news...... I didn't think I could get there until Saturday afternoon. Looks like I will be there all day!!!!!

I think we should have a green bead contest.... Who can make the tackiest green bead?

Seriously, anybody interested in a boiled dinner??? Cabbage might be what I need to fight Sue's swelled head if she wins, or it might get me my own bed too!

Pam

I LOVE those boiled dinners! Too bad we couldn't have it beforehand....
Two of us showing up is already bad news for Sue (she even admitted it) but to have both of us with cabbage...ummm...well, she'll be sleeping outside with the seagulls!

Duane

Playing with Fire! 2012-03-10 7:49am

I can see that the Maxine graphic I chose for the top of this thread couldn't have been more appropriate!:lol:

Pam: no, it's definitely good news! and love the tacky green bead contest!

Candy: Yay, glad you can make it!

Sue in Maine 2012-03-10 8:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 3926185)
Good news/ Bad news...... I didn't think I could get there until Saturday afternoon. Looks like I will be there all day!!!!!

I think we should have a green bead contest.... Who can make the tackiest green bead?

Seriously, anybody interested in a boiled dinner??? Cabbage might be what I need to fight Sue's swelled head if she wins, or it might get me my own bed too!

Pam

A tacky green bead contest... ok, I'm seeing a green pecker in my near future... can it get more tacky (disgusting!) than that? lol

The suite I reserved for Saturday has 2 rooms and they'll both have twin beds. You get your own bed whether "I" have cabbage or not! :lol: And I love boiled dinners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by demcc2 (Post 3926431)
I LOVE those boiled dinners! Too bad we couldn't have it beforehand....
Two of us showing up is already bad news for Sue (she even admitted it) but to have both of us with cabbage...ummm...well, she'll be sleeping outside with the seagulls!

Duane

Duane- not sure where you think you are sleeping but it isn't with us girls!!! You're on your own! You might want to advertise in this thread for a roommate to share a room at The Granite Inn. It's a great place to stay- the gourmet breakfast is worth the price of the room but single, it can be a tad more than we who like to buy glass would want to pay.

And yes, I'm envisioning you and Pam together as very bad news... :poke::poke: Poking you both here!

Sue

Sue in Maine 2012-03-10 8:16am

Virginia!!!

Everyone is picking on me... make them behave...

sniff, sniff, sniff... tears in my eyes... borrowing Spooky's begging LOOK.

:love::love::love::love:

Sue

pamw@sacoriver.net 2012-03-10 10:05am

"Duane- not sure where you think you are sleeping but it isn't with us girls!!! "

Awww.... Duane, See! Sue just really hates you and wants you to sleep out in the cold...

demcc2 2012-03-10 10:56am

Im not worried in the least...after my victory I'll be treated like a KING!

notice when I post Sue's never around?!

Duane

Sue in Maine 2012-03-10 11:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by demcc2 (Post 3926669)
Im not worried in the least...after my victory I'll be treated like a KING!



notice when I post Sue's never around?!

Duane

Treated by a KING by who??? You're dreaming, chummy... and chum is what you'll be once I kick your butt right and proper by whupping you at cribbage.

And YOUR INSULT didn't show up very well with the chicken$hit color ink you used so let me just say that
I needed my beauty sleep.... and if you're a really smart guy, you'll totally leave THAT remark alone! lol

Sue

demcc2 2012-03-10 4:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 3926185)
I think we should have a green bead contest.... Who can make the tackiest green bead?

Pam

Pam, what do you mean by tacky? Do you mean tacky as in FUGLY? I have some greens that don't play well with other glass...not even themselves!


Duane

pamw@sacoriver.net 2012-03-10 6:38pm

I don't make the rules.... If I made them, I would just have to break them...

Do what you gotta do.... If Sue is going to make a green hoohaw, you are just going to have to think of something tackier....

Sue in Maine 2012-03-10 6:43pm

Pam- I didn't say I "could" make on but when it comes to tacky, I can't think of anything tackier! lol

I think a mug of green beer would be a great bead to make and I think there are instructions on LE somewhere- or maybe it was WetCanvas. That would be Irishly Delightfully tacky... or maybe not. Green beer makes sense... how about green eggs and ham?

I am looking forward to next weekend.

Sue

pamw@sacoriver.net 2012-03-10 6:49pm

Oh, I got something pretty tacky in mind..... Sure wish I coud make the beads I see in my mind...

Sue in Maine 2012-03-10 6:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 3927066)
Oh, I got something pretty tacky in mind..... Sure wish I coud make the beads I see in my mind...

Oh, yeah, you and me both!

Sue

demcc2 2012-03-10 7:24pm

Ok....have you guys seen my "duos" yet. I'll try to make one in green (S)

Duane

Sue in Maine 2012-03-10 7:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by demcc2 (Post 3927111)
Ok....have you guys seen my "duos" yet. I'll try to make one in green (S)

Duane

Uh oh, I think I know what your duos are. I have been kinda sorta following the he/she guydess type threads in the potty... :waving:

To all the rest of the world: I hope Pam, Duane and I are not scaring you away from the Glass Jam. Seriously, it's a ton of fun and we all hope to see you there. Ed and Virginia are wonderful hosts and I've really been trampling all over their glass jam thread. It's cuz I'm so excited.

Please, everyone, join us if you can.

Sue

demcc2 2012-03-11 5:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue in Maine (Post 3927116)
Uh oh, I think I know what your duos are. I have been kinda sorta following the he/she guydess type threads in the potty... :waving:
To all the rest of the world: I hope Pam, Duane and I are not scaring you away from the Glass Jam. Seriously, it's a ton of fun and we all hope to see you there. Ed and Virginia are wonderful hosts and I've really been trampling all over their glass jam thread. It's cuz I'm so excited.

Please, everyone, join us if you can.

Sue

Good morning! Exactly! :lol: I need to try them in boro because I've had aan "ankle cracking" issue with soft glass when I take them off the mandrels.

Duane


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:50pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.