Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   LE Software Upgrade (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7930)

Jason 2005-11-14 12:41am

LE Software Upgrade

Lampwork, Etc is now running on a new version of the vBulletin software (3.5.1). Many improvements are behind-the-scenes, but there are several improvements which I hope you all will enjoy.

The one I will probably like the most is that the forum now keeps track of which threads/posts you have already viewed and which ones you haven't. It kinda did this before, but once you logged out or left, it would assume you had read everything.. now it will keep track between sessions.

There is also a new post editor. The Standard Editor and the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editors are now basically the same editor. You can switch back and forth while editing a message by clicking the little A/A icon in the upper right. If you like the WYSIWYG editor better, you can make that your default editor in UserCP.

The chat has also been upgraded to the latest version available. I know there are still issues with it, but hopefully it will be a little better at least. I'm still looking for the ideal chat system for LE, but it just doesn't seem to exist yet.

I'll be surprised if there aren't little glitches here and there with the new software. Please report anything out of the ordinary that you notice! You can do so by replying here in this thread.

Thanks!
Jason

AZ Joolz 2005-11-14 12:47am

I know I'm going to love the thread checker thingie...never could figure out how I missed so much before. Thanks as always...

Cosmo 2005-11-14 10:46am

Hmmm... working the opposite for me. Threads I have read are still marked as "new" several hours after I read them. Do we need to log out and log back in for them to be marked correctly? I hope not...

Jason 2005-11-14 10:54am

No, you don't need to log out/in... That would suck. :)

IF-Designs 2005-11-14 12:17pm

Me too Chad....everything is marked as unread even stuff I JUST read :-s hum

Jason 2005-11-14 12:24pm

Hrm I can't reproduce this problem even on multiple computers/browsers with a couple of test accounts. If I login, go to a forum, click on a thread, then click to go back to that forum (by clicking the forum name at the top of the page), then that thread no longer has the little "new posts" icon next to it. Note that if you get back to the forum by using the back button, you will probably have to hit the refresh/reload button in your browser before you will see the "new posts" icon disappear.

I'll keep playing and see if I can find something wrong.

IF-Designs 2005-11-14 12:45pm

it could be a mac glitch maybe? im at work and on a mac

danelady 2005-11-14 2:50pm

Thanks for doing this for us Jason!
lynnie
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason
Lampwork, Etc is now running on a new version of the vBulletin software (3.5.1). Many improvements are behind-the-scenes, but there are several improvements which I hope you all will enjoy.

The one I will probably like the most is that the forum now keeps track of which threads/posts you have already viewed and which ones you haven't. It kinda did this before, but once you logged out or left, it would assume you had read everything.. now it will keep track between sessions.

There is also a new post editor. The Standard Editor and the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editors are now basically the same editor. You can switch back and forth while editing a message by clicking the little A/A icon in the upper right. If you like the WYSIWYG editor better, you can make that your default editor in UserCP.

The chat has also been upgraded to the latest version available. I know there are still issues with it, but hopefully it will be a little better at least. I'm still looking for the ideal chat system for LE, but it just doesn't seem to exist yet.

I'll be surprised if there aren't little glitches here and there with the new software. Please report anything out of the ordinary that you notice! You can do so by replying here in this thread.

Thanks!
Jason

Lizabeads 2005-11-14 6:32pm

Is anyone else not getting the email responses? I'm not getting them...

Jason 2005-11-14 6:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizabeads
Is anyone else not getting the email responses? I'm not getting them...

My mail server logs show that the forum has sent you 58 emails so far today, and that all of them were accepted by your ISPs mail servers.

Lizabeads 2005-11-14 7:07pm

Sorry, meanwhile I checked and I don't know how but I had to do something in my outlook espress.. it was putting them in the wrong place... Straight now !! Thanks...lol

ShibumiGlass 2005-11-21 5:13pm

Only thing I've noticed is in the chat room. Last night I kept seeing 'undefined' under about 75% of the messages. Of course, I've only been in the chat room 5 times, so perhaps it's not the new version...

Thanks for everything, Jason. :)

Jason 2005-11-25 9:16pm

See this thread: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3112