Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Online Suppliers who take PayPal (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147876)

ellyloo 2009-12-10 11:54am

Online Suppliers who take PayPal

Hi!
So, I wondered if we could get a thread started compiling a list of places that take Paypal? I've recently gotten rid of all my credit cards, and so when I come across a vendor/supplier that takes paypal, I'm DELIGHTED! That way, if I sell something, I can buy something. And frankly, it's motivational!

Lets keep it all glass/jewelry related....

For me, in canada, Artistry in glass has been a business saver.

Joe and Barry at Avenue Beads supply great stuff.

I've gone nuts at Pehnec as well.

If you know of, or are a vendor/supplier (besides all of us that sell our glass work) that takes paypal, please post!
Also, if you know of a place that sells crystals, ribbons, or jewelry stuff...

(if this is in the wrong room, sorry, I wasn't quite sure where to put it)

R4GlassStudio 2009-12-10 12:32pm

Rocio Studios takes paypal

melody 2009-12-10 12:48pm

I take paypal.....

ArtcoInc 2009-12-10 12:59pm

I take Paypal too ...

Malcolm

cgbeads 2009-12-10 1:27pm

you can get beadrollers with PayPal

but I think most places do.

-Donna

ellyloo 2009-12-10 1:37pm

I guess that this may be a long thread then! :) I have been finding that not everyone you'd LIKE to, takes paypal. I followed a great link to a great site for ribbons from another thread, got all excited, and plllbbtt.. no paypal. It might be a dud of a thread, but maybe there are some sites out there that are really useful.

Another place I thought of was Widgetsupply

j2canoe 2009-12-10 1:40pm

Howaco Glass, Flamekissed Glass and Flamedame are my favorites and all take paypal. I would love to use Frantz, but he does not take it.

PaulaD 2009-12-10 1:42pm

Yep we take Paypal AND Credit Cards!

Gail Joseph 2009-12-10 7:11pm

GG Glass takes Paypal!

zen-mom 2009-12-10 9:03pm

www.shop.TheMandrel.com take PP as well :)

Shrimp 2009-12-10 9:49pm

I thought that in order to have a Paypal account, one must have a credit or debit card linked to their bank account. This same card can be used to make purchases at Frantz and other vendors that don't accept Paypal.

ellyloo 2009-12-10 10:21pm

Oh yeah. My PP has been working with a bank account (which almost always has nothing in it) attached. I think i may have a credit card that isn't used anymore attached to it, but not selected as the place to draw money from if needed.

if i have a positive paypal balance, I spend it on places who take it....it's just so much easier that way.

Shrimp 2009-12-10 10:30pm

Ah I see.

demcc2 2009-12-11 5:17am

Ellyloo, you beat me to it! You can link a checking acct to paypal. I have a cc linked to paypal as the "default," but then I have my checking out linked as "backup." Thankfully they have never needed to use my backup.

Duane

grace edwards 2009-12-11 5:34am

Lauscha Lady - takes Paypal and plastic
/grace

Diane (clarus) 2009-12-11 3:02pm

Arrow Springs takes Paypal....

-Diane

Reenie 2009-12-11 3:10pm

We take anything, checks, paypal, money orders and credit cards.

DragonFly GlassWorx 2009-12-11 7:53pm

Don't forget us! We take PayPal too.

Knatty Dreadz' 2009-12-11 8:27pm

You can also get a Paypal debit Mastercard and use it at places that accept credit cards but not Paypal. But I think it's only for US Paypal customers right now.

We take Paypal too! :waving:

ellyloo 2009-12-11 8:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knatty Dreadz' (Post 2787996)
You can also get a Paypal debit Mastercard and use it at places that accept credit cards but not Paypal. But I think it's only for US Paypal customers right now.

We take Paypal too! :waving:

I think you're right. That sucks. *canadian*

AnkleBiterBeads 2009-12-12 1:04pm

i'VE USED MY Paypal debit card (visa) for FRANTZ many times - But you need sign up for the Paypal debit - it will work. Although the first time I used it for Frantz there was a temp hold that didnt get removed, and then I was charged again for the order. That hold that was placed was NOT removed and so my account went in the negative. Now what I do when I place my order is to remind them to remove the hold. ;o) Always been very happy with frantz

Howaco 2009-12-14 6:27pm

I have a paypal merchant account, so you can use paypal or credit cards at checkout. I also take money orders and western union.

Elegance_1 2009-12-15 10:17am

I have a paypal credit/debit card. Any place that takes credit/debit cards will accept this card.

but... I also take paypal, credit cards, checks, cash, Propay (credit card processor) and even e-checks!

ginko 2009-12-15 10:23am

You can get silver tubing and bead caps with Paypal on my etsy page.

tapcraft 2009-12-15 10:34am

venders who take paypal

Taplcraft accepts payment from Paypal for lampwork tools.
Buy from Ebay or directly from me. tapcraft@web-access.net. www.web-access.net/~tapcraft.
Darrell

sundanceartglass 2009-12-16 5:55pm

We take PayPal, check, moey order, cash, credit cards :D

What a great topic by the way.
I too am a Paypal buyer. I hate to give anyone my cc info, so paypal rocks!

JetAge Studio 2009-12-17 3:49pm

Here as well!! In fact, PP's my preferred method of payment....selling and buying :)

tammydownunder 2009-12-18 2:32am

Paypal is great when I want to hide purchases from my DH. Since the money going into my paypal is from the sale of my beads, I can justify any bead related purchases I make. But...if it comes off the Visa card, Mr. Fun questions me.

jackpotmonkey 2009-12-21 7:39pm

ABR Imagry at http://www.dichroicimagery.com takes paypal

s38hyler 2009-12-30 6:31pm

you can also download something from paypal that will generate a credit card for you. That you can use at any vendor, I do that. You will need to log onto your paypal then go to profile and there is a drop down menu, select, more options, then under financial information, select paypal plug in, there you can see how it works. All you do is download the program and you will have a password to use it. I use it a lot but I don't share my computer with anyone and they couldn't get into it if I did without my password. When you are on any site that you want to order from using your paypal account you will just click on the p at the top of your screen log on to paypal using it, put your password in and tell it to generate a card it will usually generate a mastercard that could be used only one time or several times depending on which you select. Just remember to write down the 3 diget number that would normally be on the back of the credit card because I had to re-generate a card because I forgot that the site would ask for the number from the back of the card I think it is a SVC number but not sure about that. I use my paypal anywhere they can take a mastercard this way.

Hope this helps someone,
Sandra