Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Calls for Entries, etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Glass Craft & Bead Expo Las Vegas 08!!! (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72112)

pattyglass 2007-11-12 11:25am

Glass Craft & Bead Expo Las Vegas 08!!!

Is everyone ready? It is here again.....
Has everyone signed up for classes? All the best will be teaching!!
Classes are really filling up fast!!

JulieV 2007-11-18 9:27am

I wish the 'catalogue/show guide was mailed out about the same time the class list is available online. Being on dial up makes it impossible to view the list on line so I have to wait for the guide in the mail these last 2 years before I can register for classes. I wonder if that could happen next year?

Jeri 2007-11-19 6:53pm

My Catalogue arrived in NJ today, so it is in the mail and it is HUGE. I can't believe all the great classes. As soon as my youngest is out of college, I'm going to take time off from teaching just to go to this Expo and take all the cool classes. I'm really tempted by all the fusing.

Anyway, I hope it gets to you soon, it is full of temptation! Jeri

Verre Manie 2007-11-21 2:21pm

I really hope to go to this!

Do people from this board meet up anywhere special? or have a way of identifying each other?

VM

JulieV 2007-11-21 2:50pm

A bunch of us met up at one of the restaurants last year.

Dennis Brady 2007-11-21 4:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyglass (Post 1479247)
Is everyone ready? It is here again.....
Has everyone signed up for classes? All the best will be teaching!!
Classes are really filling up fast!!

For those of you that haven't yet signed up, I strongly recommend you do so quickly. The best classes fill up quickly. Many are already sold out.

barbbbeads 2007-11-21 10:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieV (Post 1495182)
A bunch of us met up at one of the restaurants last year.

Yes, and that was a lot of fun! If I make it this year, I hope we can do it again.
:waving:Hi Julie, hope you're doing well!

JulieV 2007-11-22 5:12am

Hey Barbara! I am doing very well, thank you! Wonder if I should try to organize another get together for the Vegas show.?.?.?

SilverSage 2007-11-22 7:08am

I vote yes! I'm already signed up for classes and would love to meet some new people.

Tillie 2007-11-23 9:20pm

I'm signed up for 2 classes. Went last year and didn't take any classes, but met up with a group of online friends at the casual restaurant there at SouthPoint, and it was wonderful to put faces and names together. We're going to meet up again this year..and some of us are rooming together this year. We've become really good friends since we actually met each other face to face and got to know each other away from the internet.

djohnjr1 2007-11-23 9:29pm

When is the expo?

Dennis Brady 2007-11-24 10:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by djohnjr1 (Post 1497998)
When is the expo?

http://www.glasscraftexpo.com/

LisaSt.Martin 2007-11-24 7:16pm

Hi folks..esp. Julie up there in Canada...looking forward to seeing ya in Vegas

I just got my brochure yesterday - it is totally massive....but it sure took its sweet time getting to Virginia. I really do love teaching at the Expo and the folks there are super...but sometimes I wish I could just take a couple of classes...lots of great ones this year.

Can't wait to see ya'll there.

Lisa

JulieV 2007-11-24 7:45pm

Wish my copy would hurry up and get here!
Looking forward to seeing you again, Lisa. I'll be in touch.

pattyglass 2007-12-03 4:51pm

The expo dates are April 2-6 Classes begin April 2 and show floor opens April 4
Hope to see you all there!!

JulieV 2007-12-03 5:30pm

Yipper! See ya there! Finally got the catalogue and already registered for a couple of classes.

mikeshelbo 2007-12-14 3:26am

Come see me in the Bead Bazaar

Shelbo Glass Art - table J3

Beheaded Goblin Beads and many new large borosilicate beads including glasstique from GA and unique sculptures never before shown in public!

see you there!

Virginia 2007-12-19 12:24pm

Hi Julie - I miss you - sure would love to go to Vegas - who you rooming with - want a tag along - I might be able to swing April - I am probably too late to sign up for classes, but I could play Texas Holdem while you are in class, LOL - Virginia (PS: I am sure I need a little corruption!!! giggle)

LisaSt.Martin 2007-12-22 12:00pm

Hey Virginia,

I'm sure there is still space in some of the lampworking classes...I have had folks sign up for an open spot the day of the class.....

You should definately join in on the fun! We always have a great time.

Julie, how ya doing....hope your trip is going well. See ya in Vegas!

Lisa

JulieV 2007-12-22 12:19pm

Virginia!! Corruption?! YOU!?!? Are you insinuating I could possibly lead you astray?? Not lil' ole 'pure as the driven snow' me! LOL (And you know how to gamble?? Texas holdem? - You are really shocking the day lights out of me!)
Seriously, I'm not sure if I'm getting a room for the show or if I'll be rving in the area at that time. But if I do need a room, I have already hooked up with a few other girls. Darn. But let me know if you'll be there so we can meet.

Hey Lisa! My trip doesn't start til the end of January. Can't wait to see ya again.