Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Raven and Honeybee tutorials coming up in December! (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146995)

kerribeads 2009-11-30 10:02pm

Raven and Honeybee tutorials coming up in December!

Hi everyone!

I've been getting alot of pm's lately asking me about when my Honeybee and Raven tutorials are coming out. They are both being released in December! I would have released them already but they are both coinciding with two magazines so I have to wait until the magazines are on the newstands. I will post here when they are available as well as send out notices on Twitter and my blog as well.

Thanks for being so patient, I put a lot of energy into these tutorials and have shared all my techniques that I hope will make the wait worth while. :)

I'm also looking for feedback on other tutorials you might like to see from me in the near future. I'm considering an Owl Baby Tutorial, a Horse and possibly a Swan or Heron.
Let me know what you are interested in!

Stay tuned!

Jane P 2009-11-30 10:06pm

Can't wait to see the new tutorials! December starts tomorrow - lol!
I would love to see the horse and the heron. Thanks.

GlassGalore 2009-11-30 10:07pm

Quote:

they are both coinciding with two magazines so I have to wait until the magazines are on the newstands
Do you mean they will be published in the magazines? Can't wait to see the Raven one, esp! :fireblob: I love your horses and swans too, so I'm on board for you to write those up. ;)

kerribeads 2009-11-30 10:17pm

Thanks Jane!

I don't have an exact date but it will be very soon...... :)

Lisa - something like that! ;) Can't give too much away but I will definitely post about it when they hit the newsstands!

Thanks for the feedback ladies! It helps alot to know what everyone is interested in. :)

barbaracollins 2009-12-01 4:06am

Yeah!

BeadBlossoms 2009-12-01 5:53am

I can't wait!! Your tuts are at the top of my wish list this Christmas.........I see you in a lot of my mags and always stop in awe.........seems you're in Stringing nearly every month! I just love your beads!!

Aurore 2009-12-01 9:39am

Which one .. so I make sure I get it !?? Look forward to your Tuts !

kerribeads 2009-12-01 10:25am

Thanks Donna!

Lorraine - I can't reveal the magazines yet but I will as soon as they are published. I believe the raven tutorial will be available first - for sure before Christmas!! :)

theglasszone 2009-12-01 10:41am

Okie! Sounds neat! Can you show us a pic of the Honey Bee you make? I make a couple different versions of my own and I know there's a tut already for a 3-D style bee by TikiTerri (which is darling, by the way). Since I luvz me ALL bees, I'd really enjoy seeing your "example" if you have one handy!

Best of luck on these - it all sounds wonderfully exciting! :)

De

ETA: Der! Just found this in your Etsy - very cool! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=35232017 Sorry for being such a dolt! :lol: ~De

MaryBeth 2009-12-01 12:24pm

I'm so looking forward to this! I'm glad you are doing the raven first - it will make a good starting point for other ideas:smile:

Janetlee 2009-12-01 12:25pm

Yeah!!!

I cann't wait to get your Honey Bee tut.:-) I like all of the tuts but the Honey Bee is my fav. Will be looking forward to the others you plan on making.
Especially the horse one.
Janet

kerribeads 2009-12-01 3:02pm

Hi Ladies!

I just saw the other honeybee tutorial by TikiTerri - it looks adorable! My honeybee is a different style altogether and sits flat against the bead rather than being 3 dimensional. I'll post pics soon!

Bluejeangirlnc 2009-12-01 3:08pm

Kerri, your beads are so recognizable that each time they've appeared in a magazine I have to pick it up and see if they've managed to include an interview with you! If you're taking requests, your owl baby tut would be at the absolute top of my wish list from you. I saved the pictures of the ones you did 2 years ago (I think) and love just looking at them.

Teena 2009-12-01 3:19pm

Yeah!!! I've been waiting sooooo long Kerri!! You have my email address, and I do look in here everyday. I just don't want to miss a second of buying your tutorials.
eeeee sooo excited!!
Swan for sure tutorial...

jessicajane 2009-12-01 3:19pm

Can't wait! I love your tutorials! would be VERY interested in a horse tut!

kerribeads 2009-12-01 5:35pm

Thank you, Wendy! I think an Owl Baby tut would be fun and so I'm seriously considering that one. :)

Thanks Teena and Jessica! I appreciate the feedback! I'm so glad you are interested in my tutorials and will endeavor to have more coming down the pipeline in the New Year. Keep those suggestions coming!

Alisa 2009-12-09 5:06pm

I would really like you to produce a white horse tutorial! I love horses! Your horse bead I saw In a magazine is exquisite! I couldn't believe how beautiful it is and it's actually done with glass!
Alisa

kerribeads 2009-12-10 10:09pm

Hi Alisa!

Thanks so much for the wonderful compliments. :) I am definitely considering a horse tutorial for the New Year but am debating on the colors....possibly white....possibly black or something else entirely! lol! I need to create more horse beads and determine which would be the easiest to illustrate. The shading I do in some of my horses requires a lot of blending and I'm thinking it might be better taught in a class environment than a tutorial. I'll have to "horse around" at the torch for a bit and see what I can come up with!

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it! :)

Jane P 2009-12-12 11:18am

"Are we there yet?" :poke::lol:

josielv 2009-12-12 12:10pm

ready!!!!!

kerribeads 2009-12-12 8:20pm

Thanks for being so patient everyone! I have heard from one of the magazines that Dec 18th is the day but as for the other one I'm still waiting to hear.....I'll post the second I can release them! :)

PerfectDeb 2009-12-13 12:32am

i saw the article in bead and button today - very nice! i was flicking through it on the news stand and recognised your beads right away

kerribeads 2009-12-20 8:45am

Thank you, Deb!

That was the special issue that featured projects from the Convergence Exhibit - I did a necklace with Melissa Cable called Metal Garden. She did an amazing job with the honeybee beads I gave her. I have the necklace that was featured in the magazine and it's quite a statement piece! lol! I think I'll wear it to my next Christmas party. :)

The Honeybee Tutorial is coming in a matter of days.....stay tuned for updates!!

s38hyler 2009-12-27 11:40am

I really love your beads, can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Sandra

kerribeads 2009-12-28 9:57am

Thank you, Sandra!

I have some new tutorials lined up for the new year but am always looking for suggestions. If there is a particular bead that I do that you would like to see made into a tutorial, just let me know! :)

s38hyler 2009-12-28 8:11pm

I would love to see a horse one. If you ever do one I will have to save up for it.
Sandra

kerribeads 2009-12-30 7:41pm

Thanks Sandra! :)

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in a horse tutorial so it's already in the works for the New Year. I'll keep everyone posted!