Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   3rd Annual Missouri Bead Retreat!!! (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79575)

Solana 2008-01-23 4:56pm

3rd Annual Missouri Bead Retreat!!!

It's that time again! Time to start planning for the annual Missouri Bead Retreat! We're only 4 short months away, so be sure to bust out your calendars and mark down the dates!

Here's the information on this year's event:

What: 3rd Annual MO Bead Retreat
When: Friday, May 16th, 2008 - Monday, May 19th, 2008
Where: Alhonna Resort, Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
Cost: $60/person (includes 3 nights!)

4 SPOTS LEFT!!!!
Please contact Karla to be placed on the Waiting List. You may also contact the Alhonna Resort directly to inquire about your own accomodations. There are a few hotels that are several miles from the resort as another alternative. (There's a Baymont Inn located about 8 miles from the resort, there's also the Lodge of the Four Seasons which is closer, but probably a bit pricier.)

We've reserved 4, four bedroom condos right on the lake! These condos are all a part the same building and contain extremely large, covered decks, which are perfect for torching! The set up has worked out perfectly last few years, and I can't wait to do it again! We have a total of 48 spots available, so be sure to sign up today!

Why should I go?
To socialize, make beads, eat, make beads, relax, more eating and making even more beads! It's incredibly fun and a great way to watch others work, participate in demos/activities or just to relax in general!

When's the deadline to sign up?
The deadline to send in your payment is April 1st. Even with 48 spots, we'll fill up quickly so be sure to claim yours today! If you want to send a payment via snail mail, check out the RAOGK section for my address. Payments can also be made via PayPal. Please send $62 (the $2 help cover the PayPal fees) to karla[at]sirwatson[dot]com.

Do I need to bring anything?
Yes! Besides yourself, be sure to bring some food or drinks to share, torches or lampworking equipment and of course....BEADS! We'll have sign up sheets (on the website) where people can volunteer to bring specific items, so be sure to check those out!

How do I get there?
The Lake of the Ozarks is centrally located in Missouri and easy to access from anywhere. It's about a 3 hour drive from St. Louis or Kansas City. Visit the MO Bead Retreat website for maps and directions.

Do I have to stay for all 3 nights?
Nope, but you'll want to! Unless, you're staying for the day only, all retreat-attendees will need to pay the $60/person to help cover the reservations for all 3 nights.

Sounds like fun! Where do I learn more?
Be sure to visit the Missouri Bead Retreat website at: www.mobeadretreat.com. The website is actually a Yahoo! group, so you'll need to join the group to have access to the information files. Be sure to read the "General Information about the Missouri Bead Retreat" (in the Files section), which contains important information about the event, costs, reserving your spot and how to pay.

Feel free to post general questions about the retreat in this thread! I'll be happy to answer them as soon as I get the chance! Thanks, and I hope to see you in May!!! :D

-Karla

caspertorch 2008-01-23 5:04pm

Rock On Karla!!!! Whoo Hoo!

tgslampwork 2008-01-23 5:05pm

Hip hip hoooray!

jana 2008-01-23 5:16pm

Payment sent!

taneres 2008-01-23 5:17pm

I guess the countdown has begun!!!!!!

ammaws 2008-01-23 5:19pm

I'd love to join in--starting a new job, so will need to see about the Friday off.

This sounds like fun.

NancySellsGlass 2008-01-23 5:32pm

Argh! Just got the date for the Cabin and we're going to be on the same weekend again this year... sigh...

Solana 2008-01-23 5:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancySellsGlass (Post 1604083)
Argh! Just got the date for the Cabin and we're going to be on the same weekend again this year... sigh...

Dang it! Well...maybe some year we'll have our retreats on different weekends! :)

Either way, we should have some sort of "trans-midwest" bead retreat challenge!!! Hmmm...... :-k

I'll have to think this one through a little more. :D

Miss Kate 2008-01-23 5:56pm

I just sent my money in! WooHoo! Looking forward to a great time!

Miss Kate

Steph'sBeadCorner 2008-01-23 5:58pm

I'm coming!! and some other Columbia glass crazies are coming too...

StLouisBiker 2008-01-23 6:04pm

Where do we send out money?

Miss Kate 2008-01-23 6:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by StLouisBiker (Post 1604159)
Where do we send out money?

Hi Suzanne,
Here you go - highlighted in blue.

When's the deadline to sign up?
The deadline to send in your payment is April 1st. Even with 48 spots, we'll fill up quickly so be sure to claim yours today! If you want to send a payment via snail mail, you can do so by using the address listed in the RAOGK section. Payments can also be made via PayPal. Please send $62 (the $2 help cover the PayPal fees) to karla[at]sirwatson[dot]com.

Miss Kate

Venessa 2008-01-23 6:32pm

I'll be there!!!

StLouisBiker 2008-01-23 6:33pm

Thank you Miss Kate!!

Suzanne

StLouisBiker 2008-01-23 6:33pm

YAY Venessa. I'm coming to your neck of the woods this weekend.

Mustang Dawn 2008-01-23 6:57pm

Hi Karla,

This looks like so much fun! I just mapquested it and it about 11 hours from MI :( I'll have to give this some serious thought :)

Dawn

taneres 2008-01-23 7:00pm

Dawn~
I think anyone would tell you it is totally worth it.

Solana 2008-01-23 7:13pm

I'd love to see you again, Dawn! I hope you can make the trip, but totally understand if you can't.

art-jewelry-designs 2008-01-23 7:24pm

I’ll be bringing Chocolate Torts and and and some Gooey Butter cakes and and holding a PMC class.

ShibumiGlass 2008-01-23 8:38pm

Paid this morning. Nick and I will be there. Can't wait to see all of you!

Sue H-K 2008-01-23 9:14pm

Yippee!!!!

Miss Kate 2008-01-23 9:17pm

Is it May yet?

Miss Kate

cmontag 2008-01-23 9:26pm

Too bad I'm so far away...sounds like a lot of fun. I loved the pictures from your last retreat.

caspertorch 2008-01-23 9:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShibumiGlass (Post 1604519)
Paid this morning. Nick and I will be there. Can't wait to see all of you!

ROBIN!!!!
We were talking about you this weekend -- were your ears burning?!?!?
It'll be SO GOOD to see you again!
~B\\:D/

caspertorch 2008-01-23 9:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmontag (Post 1604613)
Too bad I'm so far away...sounds like a lot of fun. I loved the pictures from your last retreat.

No One is TOO far way collette! we have planes trains and automobiles! And I guarantee someone will pick youup and bring you in with them!

BarbC 2008-01-23 9:48pm

ME! And I'll bring the soda!

ltsexpressions 2008-01-23 10:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by art-jewelry-designs (Post 1604349)
I’ll be bringing Chocolate Torts and and and some Gooey Butter cakes and and holding a PMC class.

we'll all have to pitch in to bring ingred to make kosher crack balls too..... :fnwl:

Roxy 2008-01-23 10:12pm

How many people to a room?

Roxy

ltsexpressions 2008-01-23 10:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by StLouisBiker (Post 1604221)
YAY Venessa. I'm coming to your neck of the woods this weekend.

when ya comin' up? call ma cell #, k? 816 six nine five 8685.....

I'm meltin something this weekend too, not sure what COE yet!

ltsexpressions 2008-01-23 10:18pm

ROBYNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN (and Nick of course!)

we're gonna hopefully have a larger number of guys there this year, it should prove "interesting" to say the least!!!

Hugs,

Stac