Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sale Rack (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Implosion Secrets by Ron Bearer Jr (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183218)

Rudy 2011-09-26 5:49am

Just got it...and reviewed it immediately! I use soft glass, but I definitely see lots and lots of value in this tutorial! I can't wait to get started with my new designs and colors.

I have purchased lots of tutorials so I feel qualified to say that this tutorial is easy to understand and follow...and with a little imagination, soft glass peeps can easily come up with our own color recipes. Love it!!!

R4GlassStudio 2011-09-26 7:29am

Thanks Rudy!
The way color moves and reacts during the implosion is covered in enough detail that the transition to soft glass will be problem free. Have fun and please send pics of what you create.
Ron

Flame Ryder 2011-09-28 9:31am

I just received my tutorial this morning and I was in the studio by 7AM pulling stringers and getting my first implosion completed.

It is in the kiln and I cannot wait to see the results.

What a great tutorial.

Thanks Ron.

Mike...

Mustang Dawn 2011-09-28 10:03am

This past week I upgraded torches to the new Bravo torch (love it!). I'm new to the boro world, aka don't have a lot of boro glass and substituted a few colors in his recipes. Ron's tutorial is GREAT and I really recommend it. Here is yesterday's play day on the torch, boro rings. Thanks Ron!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R4GlassStudio 2011-09-30 12:41pm

a new one from last night

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ari'elle 2011-09-30 1:12pm

Hi Ron!
I received your tutorial as a gift from a very generous friend (thank you, Deb!) and I just received the marble today. It's gorgeous! The way you designed this tutorial is perfect, very easy to understand and I was able to start making implosions immediately. Thank you, Ron!

R4GlassStudio 2011-09-30 1:54pm

Ari'elle,
Thanks for the feedback and please keep in touch with questions.
Have fun!
Ron

imagesinglass 2011-10-04 9:08pm

Boro Marble Tutorial

I just ordered mine. I can't wait to receive it!!!!
I'm loving boro....slowly getting rid of my soft glass.

Suzanne

R4GlassStudio 2011-10-05 1:27pm

intersting pic

I found this in one of my backup files....
This pic was from an old Northstar add 6 or 7 years ago. I still remember
making that marble.

PennyLane 2011-10-05 2:18pm

Looks like a great pic, but can you make the photo a little bigger?

R4GlassStudio 2011-10-06 4:57am

I'll see if I can get the pic bigger....
This is a new color combo I am playing with................
It is hard to see in pictures, but the whole flower is reflective.

rjw69215 2011-10-13 6:52am

Just bought the tutorial...can't wait to get home and start melting some glass, trying to do this without instruction is frustrating..

redsunset 2011-10-22 2:25pm

I got my marble this week. It is absolutely beautiful and so worth the wait. Thanks Ron for providing this little gem.
Kathy

R4GlassStudio 2011-12-01 9:53am

I have a fumed gold and silver tube implosion add-on coming out soon. It will be free to everyone who has this tutorial.
Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Ron

tweeky clothespin 2011-12-01 8:46pm

Ron, you rock!! :love:

Brandywine 2012-01-07 2:23pm

Hi Ron,

I am looking forward to the tut updates. Thanks for all your efforts!

For those of you wondering, Rons implosion tutorial is definitely worth the price and then some.

Nice work Ron! Thanks.

Eileen 2012-01-07 3:12pm

I was gifted some samples of boro, and this thread has me all excited now.
I've never done and implosion, or made a marble ~ in any glass.

Should I put this off until I have a little experience?
I have a minor with 5lpm oxycon, should I begin with beads instead of going for something larger?
Does the marble still come with the tutorial?
And I wish I'd seen this a week ago before I ordered glass, I'd have snuck a little boro on there, LOL. Oh well, an excuse to either order or go make an in person trip!

R4GlassStudio 2012-01-09 9:16am

Hi,
I am catching up on marbles, so I ony sell the tutorial without marbles for now.
A minor on an oxycon will work, but I would keep the marbles to the one inch size.
Happy New Year!
Ron

firelady 2012-01-09 9:20am

How does version two differ from version one?

R4GlassStudio 2012-01-09 1:45pm

V1 was the ornament tutorial, V2 is on implosions

Cubdriver 2012-01-10 8:23pm

I just ordered a copy, and am looking forward to playing.

-Pat

Tillie 2012-01-10 9:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eileen (Post 3849280)
I was gifted some samples of boro, and this thread has me all excited now.
I've never done and implosion, or made a marble ~ in any glass.

Should I put this off until I have a little experience?
I have a minor with 5lpm oxycon, should I begin with beads instead of going for something larger?
Does the marble still come with the tutorial?
And I wish I'd seen this a week ago before I ordered glass, I'd have snuck a little boro on there, LOL. Oh well, an excuse to either order or go make an in person trip!

If you go, swing by here or I'll meet you halfway, and we can go together!!

esantos15 2012-01-11 9:36pm

Wow great work from Implosion.. Just try to research and learn from you guys.. ;)

firelady 2012-01-12 7:10am

Ordered mine, too. So do you email it to us? Send us a link? (When?)

R4GlassStudio 2012-01-12 8:23am

I email a pdf... Firelady, yours was sent within minutes of your order.
It would go to the email you use for paypal.
Did you get it?
Ron

firelady 2012-01-12 9:53am

Actually, no! I checked on two computers just to make sure I hadn't inadvertently erased an email, and even checked on my webmail server, but don't see it.....Can we try again? I can't wait to see it! Try
if you want to....

R4GlassStudio 2012-01-12 10:36am

Just sent it again.
Please let me know.
Ron

firelady 2012-01-12 1:40pm

Got it! Thanks! Printed it out and it looks awesome....

R4GlassStudio 2012-01-12 2:22pm

Thanks!

Cherri 2012-01-26 12:15pm

tutorial

I am new to the forum and I found this thread.. Is the tuturial still available and did you ever get to do one with soft glass? I would really like to see that.

Thank you ever so much.