Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Free Tutorials (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Wavey Bead Tutorial (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99725)

jillybean 2008-08-07 12:27am

Yippee !! Thank you so much Rob! I cannot wait to try out your tutorial!

beadsoncypress 2008-08-07 2:45am

Wow, thanks! So that's how it's done. I knew I was saving that sample pack for something!

LouiseI 2008-08-07 4:32am

Oh Slurrrp! I love that DH ivory luster Deb!!!! :love::love:

rckeyes 2008-08-08 4:42pm

4 Attachment(s)
More inspiration!!!:waving:

SunDoorBeads 2008-08-08 5:47pm

I can't wait to try this- I think I am going to try it with TNT!!! Thanks Kevan for the idea and A BIG THANK YOU to you Rob for posting this tut!!!!
Michelle,
www.sundoorbeads.com

GinnyHampton 2008-08-09 4:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevan (Post 1997643)
I made these with Precision 104 Black Pearl

And this is Double Helix Ivory Luster

Kevan - how are you getting such nice results with soft glass? I've tried a few and my colors are creeping over my clear dots during that phase of melting down. Then when I encase it looks like crap because I don't have crisp separation between color and clear. I know opaques like to creep over clear, but if you use transparents you can't see the color :cry:

rckeyes 2008-08-09 4:53pm

Ginny,
I so wish i could help you but i dont own any soft glass to play with.:(

MelanieG 2008-08-09 6:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinnyHampton (Post 2004017)
Kevan - how are you getting such nice results with soft glass? I've tried a few and my colors are creeping over my clear dots during that phase of melting down. Then when I encase it looks like crap because I don't have crisp separation between color and clear. I know opaques like to creep over clear, but if you use transparents you can't see the color :cry:

I am sorry you are having trouble with them, but I can't even express how glad that it isn't just me having this problem. I am not having a whole lot of luck either - keeping the centre wrap cool enough to not smear everything around too often results in part of it popping off.

I am optimistic that with a lot of practice (and a lot of swearing) it'll get better though.

Kevan 2008-08-09 6:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinnyHampton (Post 2004017)

Oh, when the dots start to melt down so you have pretty much a disk witout the dots sticking way out, I put a line of clear down the middle just like I was encasing a disc for regular triangle beads or striped beads.

GinnyHampton 2008-08-10 10:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevan (Post 2004200)
Oh, when the dots start to melt down so you have pretty much a disk witout the dots sticking way out, I put a line of clear down the middle just like I was encasing a disc for regular triangle beads or striped beads.

Got it . . . I was melting the disk all the way down, I'll try it this way :)

Janet's Glass 2008-08-10 8:22pm

Here is one of the wavey beads I made over the weekend!

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/MVC-436L.jpg

I used a 3 color twistie...this TUT rocks! Thanks for sharing it!

Donna T. 2008-08-12 7:14pm

Great tut and great pics too! Very easy to understand. Now to try and execute it. Thanks Rob for sharing this with us.

SunDoorBeads 2008-08-13 9:33am

Okay so I can pretty much invision using soft glass but could I use boro on my oxycon/minor set up? I want to try but don't want to buy glass if it won't work. If it will do you recommend any colors over others? Thank you so much.
Michelle
www.sundoorbeads.com

volkanokaren 2008-08-23 9:59am

Just wanted to thank Rob again for this tutorial.I tried it yesterday with soft glass and by my 3rd bead had spectacular results.i found by making my clear attachments quite globular on the disk {1inch diameter disk} and extending the points 10 to 15 mils beyond the edge of the disk ,melting slowly, I got great waves.

And no offence to the people on the purchase tutorials.....I know that some of them are extensive and very trial and error ,and for sure worth every cent, it is such a pleasure and so inspiring for the tuts on the tut section!.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

nana 2008-08-23 6:58pm

thank you for this great tutorial.
CAn't wait to get to my torch to try !!!!!
nana

effemess 2008-08-24 3:25am

Thank you so much for this tutorial - its excellent .. brilliant photography, so I dont have to screw up my eyes and imagine how big the clear dots are or what shape they are, and fantastic explanation of how to actually make the bead.
Once again, thank you - its just perfect :)

effemess 2008-08-24 3:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkanokaren (Post 2027132)
And no offence to the people on the purchase tutorials.....I know that some of them are extensive and very trial and error ,and for sure worth every cent, it is such a pleasure and so inspiring for the tuts on the tut section!.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

Thats exactly what I thought Karen...=D> =D>

FairyVerre 2008-08-31 4:30pm

Thank You Thank You !

Oh I am so happy to find this and your tut is perfection ! ty so much

The Mad Beader 2008-09-01 11:16pm

I love this tut!! I have some in soft glass in the kiln righ tnow and will try and post tomorrow. One was with Khaos, one with Psych and the other was with Kronos. I only work with soft glass and they are turning out great. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

mewsicmama 2008-09-02 10:43pm

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I'm really excited to try this!

rckeyes 2008-09-09 3:08pm

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone got anymore pics to post???

I would love to see how everyone is doing!!

volkanokaren 2008-09-11 5:29am

Rob ,,Im pic to computer challenged or I would post my results ,,but I tell ya my soft glass waves look great due to your tut. Thanks again.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

2xMI 2008-09-13 10:14pm

Rob--

I don't know how I missed this tutorial! It's great; thanks so much.

Mimi

danelady 2008-09-13 11:03pm

Rob, These tutorials are nice and clear... I am going to try one tomorrow~ Thanks!
Lynnie

turtleshelle 2008-09-14 7:00am

Thank you Rob!!=D>=D> This is my new favorite technique!\\:D/

Firebug 2008-09-14 3:45pm

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for a great tutorial Rob! This method is much easier for me. I still have a ways to go in getting them perfect, but here are my first attempts.

Cheers
Kathy

claybraes 2008-09-16 1:53pm

Thanks for the tutorial ,the beads are wonderful! I am off to have a go LOL be back tonight!

bexrox 2008-09-16 2:11pm

Great tut, Rob. I've got one, nothing compared to everyone else's, but here it is anyway. I plan to make more, that's for sure, and to use more than just one color in them, or at least a color that does something interesting.

Becky

jknappcampbell 2008-09-17 5:39pm

Rob,
Thanks! I can't wait to try it this way. Great tut!

Libby L. 2008-09-20 9:52am

I am loving this technique and having a blast with it. Thanks so much for
sharing.