Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Wild About Flowers Tutorial is finished! (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223263)

gemsinbloom 2012-04-29 6:20pm

Wild About Flowers Tutorial is finished!

Yupp, it is ready two weeks early and I will be busy emailing all pre orders out tonight and tomorrow. If you have not received it by Tuesday, please shoot me off a pm with your Etsy ID , thank you!

http://i47.tinypic.com/2lar890.jpg

Tutorial includes:

A little history on how I came to creating these beads. Many pages of bead recipes. There are two beads per page listing the bead shape, vine cane recipe and floral cane recipes. Enough eye candy to last you many moons!

1. Step by step, with text and clear photographs showing you how I create my vine canes.

2. Step by step with text and clear photographs showing you how I create my floral canes.

3. How I create the base beads for the florals with different presses, photographs and text instruction.

4. How I create both the raised and pressed floral beads. I will invite you to look at lampworking through different eyes. If you can count, you can create these flowers.

5. How to create the leaves.

6. How to create the lovely little rosebuds.

7. You will learn the recipe for the floral canes and how to apply the petals for the type of flowers shown in the second picture of this sale.

8. With the purchase of my tutorial you will have full rights to create as many beads using my tutorial , either for sale or your own personal use.

The tutorial is 82 pages.

There are no refunds for Ebooks

GlassGalore 2012-04-29 7:04pm

Aw... dangit! Thought I had more time to get in on the preorder. :pout:
Congrats on getting it finished though.

rrunner 2012-04-29 7:11pm

Yeah! I'm so excited. Thank you so much for getting this done so quickly!

Cheryl

gemsinbloom 2012-04-29 8:06pm

Very welcomed Cheryl:) I am about 2/3rds through the list of pre orders to ship.

msy439 2012-04-29 9:58pm

Received mine a short time ago and read through it quickly,I am so pleased.You have done such a wonderful job on this tutorial as always.Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me and the lampwork community.If anyone is hesitant to purchase this tutorial don't be it is full of technique and color combinations galore!

JKC 2012-04-29 9:58pm

I got mine at 530 this morning, I have most of the glass a frit mentioned, years worth of play here. Thanks, Janet

janetcameron 2012-04-30 2:01am

Excitedly waiting for mine!!

starlightforge 2012-04-30 6:06am

Got mine yesterday, but found it this morning.. What a wonderful way to start the day.. Thank you very much Jacqueline for sharing all you know hows with us.. Just had a quick peek, and it looks wonderful, will sit and read it all this morning with my coffee... For all your hard work you deserve a good healthy shot of Baileys in your coffee this morning.... :lol: =D>

ElizabethCreations 2012-04-30 6:12am

It is indeed an EXCELLENT tutorial. So generous to share all the informations!

gemsinbloom 2012-04-30 6:25am

Hi guys, well all your sweet words are awesome to wake up to! All pre orders have been shipped. Please let me know if I missed anyone or if something went wrong . Email isnt always perfect, but usually it is.

I cant tell you how happy I am to hear you are all enjoying it so far.

Bring on the flowers!

NeenaG 2012-04-30 7:07am

BRAVO!!! This is a wonderful tutorial! It is beautifully written and beautifully photographed.
Thank you so much for sharing your signature designs with us.
Vicki

gemsinbloom 2012-04-30 7:08am

Thank you so much Vicki. I always hold my breath untll the first reviews are in. I am smiling today:)

Jenne 2012-04-30 7:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassGalore (Post 3981879)
Aw... dangit! Thought I had more time to get in on the preorder. :pout:
Congrats on getting it finished though.

Lol me too! That's what we get for waiting. :poke:

Congrats on finishing early, I know it must be a huge relief. I look forward to checking this out as soon as funds allow. Your other tutorials were fabulous, I know this one will be as well!

gemsinbloom 2012-04-30 7:19am

Thank you Jenne and just to let everyone know, this tutorial will never go on sale , you have my promise. I feel I underpriced it to begin with. Take your time as I am not going anywhere:)

Diane Woodall 2012-04-30 7:42am

=D>=D>=D>
Jacqueline, it's brilliant! I've admired your floral beads for such a long time, and this tutorial spells it out in terms anyone can understand. I love how you explained things so even novice beadmakers can follow your instructions. The photos are beautiful too, and that is such a big part of a successful tutorial.

I think you've produced a tutorial that will be a "must have" for anyone who wants to learn to make floral beads.

Well done!

gemsinbloom 2012-04-30 7:43am

Thank you Diane!!

Pat 2012-04-30 11:18am

/so the preorder timeframe is over? I can't torch right now because of back surgery. But I still can shop tuts. Good luck Gems.

gemsinbloom 2012-04-30 11:41am

Hi Pat, yes pre order is finished as I was able to finish it early. Sorry to hear about your back though :(

essiemessy 2012-04-30 3:49pm

Jacqueline, I stayed in the shop late just so I could read it through. OMG it's beautiful and the eye candy is TDF.
Some very, very helpful tips, too. I actually feel like I can do these.. Haven't put it into practice yet, though :lol:

gemsinbloom 2012-04-30 3:56pm

Hi Essie, hehe of course you can do it. It is just a matter of sitting down and practising those strokes. I began writing the tutorial last Fall actually. I kept putting it off as I continued to learn. I felt it would be wrong to put out a tutorial without really understanding the process thoroughly. I kept having little light bulb moments. I am really anxious to see others efforts now. I miss making beads too.

deena 2012-04-30 3:57pm

One of the best tutorials I have purchased. It was easy to understand and the photos were stunning. Already my raised florals have improved.(Had to make a few test beads after work) Just needed some guidance. Thank you

gemsinbloom 2012-04-30 4:02pm

Gosh, I am so touched by all the sweet messages, here and through emails. Thank you.....

glassact 2012-05-01 12:49am

I LOVE this tutorial - I have really enjoyed Jacqueline's previous tut's and this is one is absolutely fab - had so many 'ah-ha!' moments reading it as I figured out 'thats how she does it!'. Now I have read it through twice, and have my canes a'ready, I am heading out to the studio tonight to put it through its paces - thanks Jacqueline and well done.

janetcameron 2012-05-01 1:32am

Great tutorial!! Can't wait for the weekend to try it!!

gemsinbloom 2012-05-01 6:41am

Wooohooo, I love waking up to messages here in the morning, thank you:) I will be back on the torch tomorrow, can't wait!

MrsD 2012-05-01 11:30pm

I made my first couple of florals from the tutorial today, can't wait to see them when they come out of the kiln tomorrow :D .

essiemessy 2012-05-01 11:46pm

Can't wait to see, Robyn. I'm having to live vicariously for the moment :lol:
But I'm really wanting to try the bonus one as much as the main one :-D

gemsinbloom 2012-05-01 11:49pm

I can't wait to see either. Bring it on sistas! I may fire up the torch tomorrow. I got bad news today though. I need foot surgery, blah. But I dont have to stand to torch so the beads still win:)

MrsD 2012-05-02 1:51am

Sorry to hear about your foot Jac. I snuck out & made another quick one before I set the kiln on it's annealing schedule, I don't have any of the frits you used (a frit ho like me, who would have thought :roll: ) so I substituted my own choice of frits to make the canes.

I did have a quiet giggle at that poor bead on page 29, you're so mean for taking a photo of it like that, it will be traumatised (in more ways than one :lol: ) for the rest of it's life :lol: .

gemsinbloom 2012-05-02 5:46am

Haha Robyn as there is a bit of story concerning that bead. Poor thang lol