Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beads of Courage (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Seeking submissions for the 2014 Beads of Courage eBook (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258487)

Diane Woodall 2014-01-10 9:20am

Seeking submissions for the 2014 Beads of Courage eBook

Hi everyone, Hot Glass for Cool Kids, an eBook with 20 tutorials for beads suitable for Beads of Courage, has raised almost $14,000 for BOC, so I want to do another one this year. It will be available in the summer, and we'll even have it on CD at the Gathering.

If you have an idea for a tutorial you would like to submit for the book, please send me PM or email me at
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All bead designs must be for durable beads that will stand up under the extra "love" children give them. No silver glass unless it is encased. No "sticky out" parts. The design doesn't have to be just for children; it can be simply a bright and cheerful design children would like.

Thanks so much for contacting me. I'm excited to see what you have to offer!

BeadBlossoms 2014-01-10 10:44am

What a great and awesome thing to do - can't wait! You rock Diane!

Diane Woodall 2014-01-10 10:48am

Thanks Donna. I just sort of put the puzzle pieces together. The artists who do the tutorials do most of the heavy lifting!

I am just so happy to be able to do this again this year. BOC is one of those organizations that uses their money wisely and does so much with so little. Every penny we raise for them means more beads they can buy and thus more hospitals they can bring into the program. :)

Elizabeth Beads 2014-01-10 11:52am

1 Attachment(s)
I'd be happy to do another one unless you'd rather have different artists. Maybe my "painted fish" beads?

PattyK 2014-01-10 1:49pm

That's a darling bead Elizabeth .. I would *love* a tutorial for that!

Thanks so much Diane for all you do for Beads of Courage! :)

Diane Woodall 2014-01-10 7:40pm

Hi Liz, yes please message me. I'd love t include your work again this year. And that fish is delightful!

Curly Irish Girl 2014-01-10 8:52pm

Is there a link to the current BOC Ebook? Somehow I missed this entire project....I would at least purchase the Ebook and think if I make anything that would be suitable for a tut submission.

Diane Woodall 2014-01-10 10:31pm

Sorry Lynn, I should have included it. Here it is and it is just full of great tutorials.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pittypat 2014-01-11 10:14pm

I am working on a sock monkey face that should work for BOC..will pm you later, Diane. PS: I just went to your Etsy. You might want to check on your tuts.
Some are on sale and the same one is not!! I am confused enough without you playing tricks on me!!! LOL

Diane Woodall 2014-01-11 11:05pm

Thanks Pat. Can't wait to see the monkey. And thanks on the heads up on Etsy. I'll check it out.

Curly Irish Girl 2014-01-12 4:43pm

Thanks! My good friend, Julie, is no working in Tucson and will be involved with BOC.....fun connection!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diane Woodall (Post 4505879)
Sorry Lynn, I should have included it. Here it is and it is just full of great tutorials.

Diane Woodall 2014-01-12 7:44pm

That's great Lynn. BOC is such a wonderful group!

chevygirl70 2014-01-12 9:13pm

I'm so glad I saw this post - I didn't know about the BOC book that's out now, just got it! Great stuff - wonderful that you can put this together Diane, and great purpose in sharing such creatable goodies to support the BOC children. Kind regards - Heather in Tucson

Diane Woodall 2014-01-12 10:32pm

Thanks so much Heather. You got us one copy closer to the $14,000 mark. Just three more sales and we'll have it! The wonderful thing about the eBooks are that the money goes to such a worthy cause and then all the beads that are generated go to BOC as well. I'm so excited about the new edition which will be ready by the time the Gathering starts this coming summer.

Curly Irish Girl 2014-01-16 9:47pm

Just purchased through PayPal....doesn't work to download and open on iPad....can you email or set me up to download as I do the monthly publication??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diane Woodall (Post 4505879)

Diane Woodall 2014-01-16 10:42pm

Hi Lynn, I just sent you a link via email. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you tonight through e-junkie, but the link I sent should work fine.

Hope you enjoy it!

Diane

BeadBlossoms 2014-01-17 6:29am

Just got my copy - how fun! Thanks Diane for all of your work for BOC :)

Diane Woodall 2014-01-17 9:12am

Thanks so much Donna! We are ONE copy away from 700 copies sold! I'm about to bust my buttons.

glvz 2014-01-17 4:12pm

Just got a copy so now you have at least 700!. Congratulations.

Georgia

Diane Woodall 2014-01-17 6:15pm

Yes Georgia, you are #700! Thanks you so much for helping us reach another milestone of $14,000. Now we're aiming for $15,000. :)

Mountain Lady 2014-01-17 9:56pm

Wonderful! Can't wait for the new one to come out! I made so many beads for BOC from the last one!!

glassymom 2014-01-18 8:06pm

Hi Diane, when do you need ideas by? I'm working on a few things.
Sue

Diane Woodall 2014-01-18 8:56pm

Thanks so much Lezlie. Sue, I'd like your ideas as soon as possible as I'm trying to get the photos and text for the tutorials by April 1st. That isn't written in stone, but if you have an idea, even if you don't have a bead to show, I'd love to hear about it. You can PM me. :)

Tahoe Linda 2014-03-22 8:49am

I just got mine. Looks like fun! Gotta stock up for Houston!