Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Free Tutorials (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Another fishy Tail. Tale, Tail (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240292)

hyperT 2013-02-16 1:00pm

Another fishy Tail. Tale, Tail

Just another fish. View it here.

https://vimeo.com/59805293

glvz 2013-02-16 2:30pm

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed watching. This time I learned how to hold my pliers so that I could get them open again.

Georgia

hyperT 2013-02-16 2:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by glvz (Post 4243685)
Thanks for the link. I enjoyed watching. This time I learned how to hold my pliers so that I could get them open again.

Georgia

LOL i'm sorry but i had to laugh on that one. The things I take for granted lol

KayTStudio 2013-02-16 2:38pm

Thanks so much for posting these and sharing so generously.
I love the results and I'm now inspired to try my hand at off mandrel work.

Tillie 2013-02-16 2:41pm

Thank you!

myrdlebp 2013-02-16 3:06pm

That's an awesome video! Thank you!

hyperT 2013-02-16 3:15pm

You're Welcome!!

allicat 2013-02-16 3:40pm

So cool! What a sweet fish - I love the way you used the red as the punty AND and the lips. Wonder if if it's possible to do such delicate work on a Hothead...may have to give that a go.

Alli

hyperT 2013-02-16 4:05pm

Can you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by allicat (Post 4243746)
So cool! What a sweet fish - I love the way you used the red as the punty AND and the lips. Wonder if if it's possible to do such delicate work on a Hothead...may have to give that a go.

Alli

I made fish from glass marbles and a Bernzomatic torch. Go for it, have fun.
Just preheat the marbles first if you are going to use them. Ask me how I know lol

Frit Diva 2013-02-16 4:24pm

Do you anneal the figurines after making them? Is all stained glass similar enough to use it together without compatibility issues, or are you using sheet glass for fusing??

Thanks!

Jo

Sue in Maine 2013-02-16 4:28pm

Thank you for the link, Wayne. I enjoyed watching you make this speckled fish. I tend to work too hot. I know I do but, wow, it sure is hard for me to try to work cooler. It's great to watch and learn from demo's that I can replay!

That plane sure was loud enough! I'm guessing you don't notice the noise living with it all the time but I was glad for the written note about what was coming!

Sue

allicat 2013-02-16 4:29pm

LOL I'll pass on the marbles I think. But it may behoove me to grab one of those wee lil torches I see at the local tool store to do something like your fish; that big bushy HH flame makes it difficult to spot heat and I always wind up melting bits I really did NOT want to melt!

Alli

hyperT 2013-02-16 5:00pm

Edge of the flame

Quote:

Originally Posted by allicat (Post 4243787)
LOL I'll pass on the marbles I think. But it may behoove me to grab one of those wee lil torches I see at the local tool store to do something like your fish; that big bushy HH flame makes it difficult to spot heat and I always wind up melting bits I really did NOT want to melt!

Alli

That's what the edge of the flame is for, so you dont melt the whole peice.
It give you finesse.

hyperT 2013-02-16 5:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frit Diva (Post 4243784)
Do you anneal the figurines after making them? Is all stained glass similar enough to use it together without compatibility issues, or are you using sheet glass for fusing??

Thanks!

Jo

Actually I use any glass that is handy as long as I know its compatable. Once I went out in the garden and picked up one of the white quartz rocks and made it into a scorpion, I have no idea why to this day LOL Yes I have rod and tubing some I buy some I make myself. I use stained glass cut into thin strips too after all one company alone makes over 500 colors so why not. Some of the old milk glass vases are excellent glass if you break them up etc. To test for compatabilty you can overlap two glasses not fusing them to much then stretch them out like a stringer let them cool if nothing happens they are compatable if they coil up like a spring or flake off from each other they are not compatable.

hyperT 2013-02-16 5:19pm

Yet another fish in the free tutorial section check it out. Each one is different

pamw@sacoriver.net 2013-02-16 5:23pm

Thanks! And I love the shot of the finished product at the end!!!:eek:

Pam

deena 2013-02-18 9:22am

Thank you. Looking forward to giving this a try.

houptdavid 2013-02-19 7:03pm

Again nice video Wayne, keep them coming!!!

MaryBeth 2013-02-19 8:09pm

Very nice! Thanks again!