Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Toad Bead Tutorial - LavenderCreek (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129362)

LavenderCreek 2009-05-11 12:31pm

Toad Bead Tutorial - LavenderCreek

Well, it's finally ready! It's only taken me a year to get'r done O:)

This tutorial is the next installment in my Sculpting with Glass Series. It uses many of the skills and techniques learned in my goddess bead tutorial and expands on them, while also introducing you to more advanced sculptural techniques.

I hope you will find it to be not only a fun step-by-step project but also a helpful learning tool.

I'm selling the tutorial through my Etsy shop, you can find it here.

Attention:
For people who have taken an actual class with me I would like to offer the tutorial at a bit of a discount. Send me an email if you're interested.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: For everyone who has bought the tutorial as of May 17th, I just sent out a supplimental .pdf file, which contains "images only" (for easier printing and use while at the torch). I've sent it out to everyone but if for some reason you didn't get it, let me know. As of today it will be sent along with the original tutorial so everyone will receive it. :)
---------------------------------------------

****I will hold a drawing for the first 25 people who buy a tutorial. The winner will receive one of my toad beads!****
I'll let you know who wins just as soon as I've done the drawing :)

Update: Ok I have my 25 people now. In an hour or so I will do the drawing and let you know who wins the toad!

Drawing Winner! I threw all the names into a bowl, mixed them up and had Peer draw out a name...the name he chose was....

Mary Beth Callaghan! (Novembersfyre)
Congratulations Mary Beth, I'll send you an email shortly!

By the way, the toad in the picture is not the toad I am sending, the toad in the picture is the one that is featured on the cover page for my tutorial. So, the toad I am sending will be a surprise :O)

xiola blue 2009-05-11 1:45pm

Thank you, Teresa! I was just thinking about your toads this morning wishing you would have a tutorial soon...wow! Now I have the tutorial, too! Penny

LavenderCreek 2009-05-11 2:36pm

Hi Penny!

I can't wait to see some toads from you! I'm so happy that we were able to finally get it finished today. Enjoy!

theglasszone 2009-05-11 2:37pm

Oh my!!! How I've waited and hoped for this...thank you so very much for sharing your magic with us, Teresa!!!

Hugs from CA,
De

LavenderCreek 2009-05-11 2:53pm

Hi DeAnne, it's my pleasure, thanks for being so patient!

Ok, it's getting late here so I'm off to bed now. I'll get new orders sent out just as soon as I get up in the morning!

xiola blue 2009-05-11 3:27pm

Hi, Teresa! The tutorial is wonderful. I tried to reply by email but my mail got returned undeliverable at your email address...I don't know why. I just wanted you to know how much I have learned form the goddess tutorial, but I don't have any photos. It is so fabulous to get to a point where people don't say "oh, that is from Teresa's tutorial!" Thank you for teaching so much to us! Penny

TheGlassFlame 2009-05-11 4:39pm

SWEET! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these guys! I saw you post and hopped to Etsy.

hehehehehehehe wheeeee

TheGlassFlame 2009-05-11 4:41pm

ooo I just noticed the bonus drawing! =)

Jenfire 2009-05-11 5:06pm

This is the PERFECT cure for a sucky Monday! Thank you!
Jen

LavenderCreek 2009-05-12 12:11am

Hi Penny, that's weird that you couldn't send me an email, my mails seem to be working ok. I'm really thrilled that you got so much from the goddess tutorial! I hope you will enjoy this one just as much :love:

Litsayn and Jen, thank you! Yes, I'm collecting all the names for the drawing so good luck :)
I've changed the number of entries to 25 though, because 50 seems like too many so we should have a winner in the next day or so...wheeeee!

Mary Pat C 2009-05-12 4:51am

Thank You !!!!! I've been waiting for this

Mary Pat

TheGlassFlame 2009-05-12 5:04am

read through the tut last night, well done!

off to nab the Goddess tut now.

ElaineRusk 2009-05-12 5:20am

Hi Teresa,
I have ordered mine! It sounds like you really out did yourself with this one! Can't wait for you to wake-up and send it to me.
Elaine

Troll Lover 2009-05-12 6:46am

I was so hoping to be one of the first 25, but I'm pretty sure I'm not ;).

LavenderCreek 2009-05-12 7:37am

Anouk you actually did make it, you were the 23rd ;)

As I mentioned above in my update, I now have my 25 people and will be doing the drawing in an hour or so so stay tuned!

Anne Ricketts 2009-05-12 7:45am

Aww he's so cute, looks like he's saying "My precious!" LOL! Lucky whoever gets the toad! :grin:

theglasszone 2009-05-12 8:47am

Congrats to Mary Beth!!! :)

Thanks for doing this Teresa - I'm gonna go check to see if my Tut has arrived.

De

LavenderCreek 2009-05-12 8:53am

Hi De,

Your tutorial should be there. I sent it last night so let me know if you don't have it!

Teri.p 2009-05-12 9:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LavenderCreek (Post 2492220)
I've changed the number of entries to 25 though, because 50 seems like too many so we should have a winner in the next day or so...wheeeee!

Dangit! That's what I get for waiting... you snooze, you lose!

BeadMaven 2009-05-12 9:05am

I love this tut!! Your toads are so feakin cute Teresa! lol

My congrats to Mary Beth too!!!

theglasszone 2009-05-12 9:07am

I just reviewed this tutorial - and I've gotta say it's the most thorough tut I've ever seen!!! Great attention to detail and wonderful descriptions. I love the "instant bum" - giggle! Too cute!!!

De

Jenfire 2009-05-12 9:19am

Teresa,
What I love about your tutorials is that they go into the heat control and sculpting method "hands on". I have had several "Ah Ha" moments working with your tutorials. Thank you for doing this.
Mary Beth CONGRATULATIONS !
Jen

MaryBeth 2009-05-12 10:38am

I can't believe I won!!! I'm so excited! Thank you Teresa! I'll be looking forward to getting him!

Although, I was a winner just by purchasing this wonderful tutorial - it's so nicely done.

This has just made my day (and week)\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

TheGlassFlame 2009-05-12 10:45am

Green eyed monster is very "happy" for you Mary Beth...

LavenderCreek 2009-05-12 11:57am

Wow, thank you everyone for all the wonderful feedback! I'm so happy that you all are finding the tutorial useful in more ways than just a step-by-step project, that was my intent with this series so I feel great!
I am now trying my best to wait patiently for the first toadies to make their appearance on the forum :p

LavenderCreek 2009-05-12 11:59am

You're quite welcome Mary Beth! So happy I could make your day :love:
I sent you an email.

LyndaJ 2009-05-13 5:38pm

Yay!! ordered mine :) :) :)

LyndaJ 2009-05-14 7:45am

Got it and it loks great! I can't wait until this weekend. Thank-you Teresa!

HONEYBUNNY72_99 2009-05-14 9:00am

Just ordered mine:)

HONEYBUNNY72_99 2009-05-14 12:23pm

Got mine.Cant wait to try this today:)
Tina