Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beads of Courage (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Bead Bags for Beads of Courage (pic heavy) (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304089)

Vickie 2018-01-02 9:17pm

Bead Bags for Beads of Courage (pic heavy)

This is what I've been doing. Ordered more labels. It's fun picking out the different fabrics. Trying to pick out fun, upbeat fabrics with themes kids may be into. I try to keep teens in mind too.

We have a new Arkansas Children's Hospital opening soon in Northwest Arkansas. I've been in contact with Beads of Courage to see about doing some volunteering with the program. I'm hoping this works out so I can do this.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eileen 2018-01-02 9:32pm

The kids will be over the moon to have those as choices!

PattyK 2018-01-03 2:48am

Those are wonderful Vickie - love your fabric choices!

donia 2018-01-03 6:50am

Wow, you’ve went over and above with all those wonderful choices. I’m sure your hard work will bring many smiles to many special children and their families.

Iwantonetoo 2018-01-03 12:00pm

Those are awesome!!!

Do you donate them the same way we send in beads?

rainygrrl 2018-01-03 9:56pm

Vickie, thank you so much for posting these! They are all super cool!!

I didn’t know about the bags. How big are they? Sized for single beads, or maybe smallish strands?

Eileen 2018-01-03 10:42pm

They have instructions on their website:

and the link to get the labels and cards:

Vickie 2018-01-14 9:53am

I just sent my bags off yesterday. Ordered more labels. They were supposed to be here yesterday and they didn't get here. They probably went through Memphis and they got a big snowstorm so will probably be Tuesday when they get here.

In the meantime, Joann's has fabric on sale!

Eileen 2018-01-14 11:12am

I have fabric and need some inside activities for a couple of days this week....

rainygrrl 2018-01-17 11:25am

Thanks for the links, Eileen!

Eileen 2018-01-17 12:49pm

Roberta, thanks for reminding me to order the labels! :)

rainygrrl 2018-01-20 7:54pm

Um, I think you reminded yourself, lol. :)

firefrost 2018-02-05 3:35pm

That is awesome. Maybe I should do that since I have kid fabric that my kids have grown out of.

rainygrrl 2018-02-13 5:20pm

I’m sure they would be greatly appreciated!

Eileen 2018-02-13 5:21pm

I have only gotten as far as buying the patches and cards, but I need to remember this next time I have a coupon for JoAnns and find some cute fabric.

lampworker1 2018-03-21 9:04pm

You are so thoughtful. Your work is inspiring.

Eileen 2018-06-10 8:19pm

Okay, Vickie (or anyone else that has made the bags) I am having trouble following the instructions as written. Also, I don't have a serger.
Any chance anybody has photos of step #12, so I can see how they do the bottom seam?

Can I just do it my own way do you think, or do I need to follow the directions as written?

Maybe I need to just cut one and see if it makes more sense when I have it in my hand.

Vickie 2018-06-10 8:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eileen (Post 4993336)
Okay, Vickie (or anyone else that has made the bags) I am having trouble following the instructions as written. Also, I don't have a serger.
Any chance anybody has photos of step #12, so I can see how they do the bottom seam?

Can I just do it my own way do you think, or do I need to follow the directions as written?

Maybe I need to just cut one and see if it makes more sense when I have it in my hand.

I followed the instructions the first time, then did it my own way which is more efficient. I didn't like the instructions, there is an easier method to come out with the same thing.

I usually leave part of the bottom seam of the lining open to "birth" (turn it inside out) the bag, I turn the raw edges to the inside then just sew it shut. Then stuff the lining down in the bag. Does that make sense?

I went back and read the instructions, step 12 doesn't make sense to me either. I don't usually serge them anyway. I hate my serger. I'm saving for a Babylock. You could just zig zag the seams to finish them if you don't have a serger or use pinking shears.

Eileen 2018-06-10 9:03pm

Thank you, I feel better now, LOL. I figured I had done enough clothes making, quilting, etc, that I should at least be able to make sense of that step and was feeling pretty bad that I couldn't! I'll just wing that part, thanks!