Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sale Rack (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Ask Mikey (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262868)

MelanieG 2014-06-29 11:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humble newbie (Post 4616459)
What yellow glass can I use on turquoise and have the yellow stay true? Thanks in advance.

Opal Yellow, but it may cause a reaction in the Blue, depending on the colour. But you can use it with blues without worrying about the dark line reaction.

Regarding Alabastros, my very favourite thing to date is that if you put dots of Dark Turquoise Alabastro on top of Coral, instead of the dark line reaction that you would expect, you instead get a triple-ringed blue separation effect from the Dark Turquoise. Really neat. I don't think I still have the picture, but if I do, I will come back and post it.

KJohn 2014-06-30 6:45pm

I'll second the browns, we need some more in the 104's for sure! Are we expecting any in the new shipment?

mikefrantz 2014-06-30 10:46pm

My Longest Sentence

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJohn (Post 4617417)
I'll second the browns, we need some more in the 104's for sure! Are we expecting any in the new shipment?

Imagine I am walking inside the Effetre magazine where there is more glass than one can dream of. I come up to Dark Ivory, there is no bin number, no name tags, but 20 years of buying glass tells you that your are looking at dark ivory and there is 500 bundles of 10 kg each and all I say is "I would like 300 kilos of this color, and I would like an additional 200 kilos of the bundles with the rough surface. To make sure I get the glass I want, I pull one of the rods up from the bundle so that it is about 6 inches higher than the remaining bundle, this makes it easy to pull my order properly.

It is almost like point and click, the more I click, the more that is "Mine", This process goes on for about 25,000 pounds, then I have to stop.

So to answer your question, while I do not recall me finding any special browns, I might have, but it does not ring a bell in my brain, so it probably is not there on the shipment, but until we unpack, one never knows if the 591452 I am getting this time is darker, lighter, or from the same production as the last shipment or maybe I found some real BAD ASS brown while at Effetre and it is on its way, but I totally spaced out and forgot all about it.

But I get your message.........more Browns

Thanks

Mikey

Flonche 2014-07-01 6:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikefrantz (Post 4617563)
To make sure I get the glass I want, I pull one of the rods up from the bundle so that it is about 6 inches higher than the remaining bundle, this makes it easy to pull my order properly.

Mikey

And then 2 hours later someone nudges the bundle with the forklift while adding another bundle next to it and the rod slides back down the bundle and 2 months later we get ELO. Yay!! :lol:

mikefrantz 2014-07-01 11:46am

yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flonche (Post 4617600)
And then 2 hours later someone nudges the bundle with the forklift while adding another bundle next to it and the rod slides back down the bundle and 2 months later we get ELO. Yay!! :lol:

Stuff like that happens.

Mike

Lisi 2014-07-01 7:29pm

Do you have any idea when the 081 and 083 will be in stock? I hope you will have a 1-2lb limit per order to prevent the people with deep pockets from buying it all out. People with small glass allowances need a chance to get some too. :)

mikefrantz 2014-07-01 10:10pm

081-083-536 Hike

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisi (Post 4618136)
Do you have any idea when the 081 and 083 will be in stock? I hope you will have a 1-2lb limit per order to prevent the people with deep pockets from buying it all out. People with small glass allowances need a chance to get some too. :)

When I was visiting Effetre a month ago I asked about 081. The cost of some minerals has skyrocketed and for that reason Effetre stopped production. I know that if they make 081 again, it will be expensive, and I explained that I would pay the price and so would my customers. Production of 081 will happen, as well as 536. In regards to 083, I guess I need some help. We had some, it sold slowly, I did not think it was that special and was more expensive and I never reordered and you are the first to ask. So I would like to know who uses 083 and why.

Thank You Ever So Much

Mikey

KJohn 2014-07-01 10:44pm

Funny, I read this and had to go check. I just got in some 083 for the first time, which figures if you haven't been carrying it.

I haven't used it yet, but it looks pretty nice. I'm curious what everyone has done with it too.

Beatrix92 2014-07-02 7:04am

thank you! Now I has a sad. lol =)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flonche (Post 4616659)
Bea, it looks like 422-T (as in Translucent Orange). I loved it too, but I'm afraid it's gone.

Lisi 2014-07-02 10:24pm

083 - I use it as a base for some of my frit beads and it makes a nice etched color too. I can't remember who it was, but a well known bead artist who has been around a long time says she uses it as one of her staple colors. It is a lovely color, like a pale mauve. Also, something about that name and the color being in the pale transparent mauve/rose family, I don't think you will have trouble selling it if you decide to buy more. :)

Ravenesque 2014-09-03 11:23pm

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

beader55 2014-09-05 5:32pm

Do any old-timers remember the original 440 (now red roof tile)?

It was a gorgeous opaque burgundy, not the terra cotta that has replaced it.

I would still buy both, not like I'm a hoarder or anything...sigh.

Julie

beauxartz 2014-09-05 6:28pm

Good call Ravenesque! I'm very interested in finding out what can be done about the quality of the glass we're buying. If it all goes shooting across the room it doesn't matter how pretty it is. Can you help us Mike?

Eileen 2014-09-05 7:20pm

Now I'm really curious, I haven't had any that I just couldn't use. When did this start to happen?