Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Studio (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   FINALLY!!! My shedio :) (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208066)

Keewin 2011-10-14 8:16am

FINALLY!!! My shedio :)

My white Saltbox was a long time coming but it's here :love:. It's 12x8 with a high peak so the interior seems larger.

This is the start of the foundation prep. DH dug out the grass and poured a pea gravel foundation surrounded by block. It was easy to do and the pea gravel levels nicely.

Then, the shedio guys came in and built this in a day. The thing is, it wasn't built to our specs. It's a Tuff Shed built on the Pro Ranch base but with a seven foot front wall and a five foot rear wall to make it a Saltbox. We spent quite some time at Tuff Shed going over our Drawings and were assured they could do it. We'd upgraded the shingles but when they put the shingles on, they used brown for the ridge (did they think we wouldn't notice?). The window was in the wrong spot - the door couldn't be fully opened without hitting the window box and covering part of the window. And the edge of the roof was supposed to be boxed all around.

It took a while to work things out with the company but two visits later, all was corrected and I'm happy as a clam now :). My dutch door opens so I can keep doggies out, if need be. Now it's a matter of getting the interior set up. Lots of work but that's the fun part!

Kalera 2011-10-14 8:27am

Awesome! How fun! I loved having my studio in a shed out back... sometimes I regret moving it, but I may just move it back one day.

cheng076 2011-10-14 9:15am

Nice looking studio. Have fun.

glasshobbit 2011-10-14 9:39am

That's so cute. Lucky you.

LAJ 2011-10-14 11:41am

Looks wonderful Karen! So happy for you! Can't wait to see the progression on the inside.

artsyuno 2011-10-14 10:48pm

Very cute!

jhana 2011-10-15 12:53am

Looks great.
I am thinking of a similar set up for me here, but my husband
now thinks maybe it would be better to build out part of the garage. We'll see.
Have you run the electrical yet?
Are you putting in AC? (I'm thinking you live out in the S.F or S.G. valley,no?

solarflareglass 2011-10-15 1:49am

Very nice.

Keewin 2011-10-15 8:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 3745328)
Looks wonderful Karen! So happy for you! Can't wait to see the progression on the inside.

Lea, between the shed, the house being painted and new windows, I'm on cloud nine! I'll post pics of the inside as it comes together, for sure :)

ps. i wish you were here to visit it!

Keewin 2011-10-15 8:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhana (Post 3746007)
Looks great.
I am thinking of a similar set up for me here, but my husband
now thinks maybe it would be better to build out part of the garage. We'll see.
Have you run the electrical yet?
Are you putting in AC? (I'm thinking you live out in the S.F or S.G. valley,no?

Follow your heart (meaning, make your space where you know you'll be happiest and most creative). It makes all the difference :love:

We haven't run electrical yet. That's the first thing - deciding the layout and where the outlets should be. It's a sticky spot because DH wants to initially run power cords out but I want to go straight for wiring. We've been married long enough for me to know that if I start working off of extension cords, it'll never get properly wired because he'll figure that it works that way so it's a done deal. I feel a standoff in my future [-( . And yes, he knows I want a/c. We're in Santa Clarita (magic mountain, anyone?) and it gets hot here. I don't like hot.

(secretly, I think he's afraid he'll never get me out of there, lol!)

Ofilia 2011-10-15 9:58am

Wow, Karen, that's really great! What a HUGE shed too! Lucky you, and I'm so jealous that you folks in California can get by with gravel underneath. Here in Chicago, we'd be skating in ice covered stones, LOL.

I can't wait to see it all finished. Good on you=D>!

LAJ 2011-10-15 10:06am

I'm tempted Karen! We were actually out your way several years ago before I 'knew' you. We're bound to meet 1 of these days. Consider this your reminder to come to NY for a visit soon. ;-)

Keewin 2011-10-15 11:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 3746225)
Consider this your reminder to come to NY for a visit soon. ;-)

jhana 2011-10-15 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keewin (Post 3746166)
Follow your heart (meaning, make your space where you know you'll be happiest and most creative). It makes all the difference :love:

We haven't run electrical yet. That's the first thing - deciding the layout and where the outlets should be. It's a sticky spot because DH wants to initially run power cords out but I want to go straight for wiring. We've been married long enough for me to know that if I start working off of extension cords, it'll never get properly wired because he'll figure that it works that way so it's a done deal. I feel a standoff in my future [-( . And yes, he knows I want a/c. We're in Santa Clarita (magic mountain, anyone?) and it gets hot here. I don't like hot.

(secretly, I think he's afraid he'll never get me out of there, lol!)

I so hear you on that!!! LOL!

moushka 2011-10-20 3:31am

ADORABLE!!

Beth S 2011-10-25 6:26pm

That's so cute!

Keewin 2012-02-25 11:58am

After selling off more than half of my frit fetish, this is my frit wall. There are still some odd containers in a drawer but this is most of it. Lovin it!

Deb Hopeful Journeys 2012-02-25 12:22pm

Cute. Love the frit shelves.

Signguy 2012-02-25 1:22pm

What are the frit shelves made with?

Keewin 2012-02-25 1:26pm

They're wire shelves I bought about ten years ago. Wish I could find them again!

moushka 2012-02-26 5:40am

Those are great. How cool

Jen

Deb Hopeful Journeys 2012-02-26 7:45am

I think Ikea might have something similar. Look for spice racks. Might not vbe as long though.

glassactcc 2012-02-26 8:08am

That is the best shedio I have ever seen. I love it. I want one and love the frit shelves too. Gee....you don't have very much frit:-k:fnwl:

Keewin 2012-02-27 5:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by glassactcc (Post 3909287)
Gee....you don't have very much frit:-k:fnwl:

Thank goodness :lol:

ps. and thank you :grin:

kramdas 2012-02-27 5:12pm

I love the "shedio" and i really love your cow painting!!! Congrats!

Keewin 2012-02-28 1:48pm

I love that cow! :love:

loribeads 2012-03-02 10:09pm

Who painted the cow? I just love it! Your studio is soooo cool!

Diane Woodall 2012-03-03 8:33am

What a warm and inviting space. I can just imagine the positive energy that will flow into your beads when you work in such a nice studio. Congratulations!

Keewin 2012-03-03 2:11pm

The cow was painted by Betsy Mclellan http://www.etsy.com/shop/betsymclell...te_desc&page=1
She's a very inspirational cow, isn't she? So much so I'm contemplating a cow wall :lol:

Betsy is wonderful to deal with and her work goes quickly so you have to stalk. My cow is one of her originals but she has prints of it in her shop, plus many other cows to pick.

Rose Leslie 2012-03-04 8:57am

Love your Studio. No longer a shedio.
You now have the best part of being a lampworker and then some.