Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boro Room (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Sister/Brotherhood Game LIST TWO (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37548)

sleekbeads 2006-10-30 9:25am

Sister/Brotherhood Game LIST TWO

Sign-Ups are now closed.

RULES:

November 1st starts the game.
My son will pick name out of the following people.
I will send that person a bead and a baggie of 'ingredients'.
When you receive it in the mail you need to post a photo of the bead you received and the baggie of ingredients.
And c'mon people... we want eyecandy so don't forget to post pics!
That person will keep the bead as a keepsake and has to use the ingredients in the baggie to make the next person a bead. You can ONLY ADD CLEAR from your stash, NOTHING else. And you MUST use at least a little bit of everything in your bag... no exceptions! THEN... you will send that bead and a NEW baggie of ingredients to the next person on the list (I will let you know who that is as the game progresses).

Also, if you want to write a little something in the notebook I send as to what you did to make your bead, or a smart ass comment or something.. go for it. Should be a fun diary!

PLEASE remember to label all items in your ingredients bag so the next person knows what it is they're using. THANKS.

Once a person's name has been picked, it will become red.

RuskinDesignsBurntfingers
Cosmo
chrisann
fyrsmith
Suzanne
e-mort
RusticStudios
HardwoodTrailGlass
kimV
Three Muses Glass
Isellrejer

Remember folks: This list IS NOT in order. My son will pick names as we go.
I will be the last one on each list since I'm starting the game.

should be good fun!
Let's get crazy!

Jo

Kim V 2006-10-30 4:18pm

Ooh, this is a great list!!! This is going to be great!
Kim V

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleekbeads
Sign-Ups are now closed.

RULES:

November 1st starts the game.
My son will pick name out of the following people.
I will send that person a bead and a baggie of 'ingredients'.
When you receive it in the mail you need to post a photo of the bead you received and the baggie of ingredients.
And c'mon people... we want eyecandy so don't forget to post pics!
That person will keep the bead as a keepsake and has to use the ingredients in the baggie to make the next person a bead. You can ONLY ADD CLEAR from your stash, NOTHING else. And you MUST use at least a little bit of everything in your bag... no exceptions! THEN... you will send that bead and a NEW baggie of ingredients to the next person on the list (I will let you know who that is as the game progresses).

Also, if you want to write a little something in the notebook I send as to what you did to make your bead, or a smart ass comment or something.. go for it. Should be a fun diary!

PLEASE remember to label all items in your ingredients bag so the next person knows what it is they're using. THANKS.

Once a person's name has been picked, it will become red.

RuskinDesigns
Burntfingers
Cosmo
chrisann
fyrsmith
Suzanne
e-mort
RusticStudios
HardwoodTrailGlass
kimV
Three Muses Glass

Remember folks: This list IS NOT in order. My son will pick names as we go.
I will be the last one on each list since I'm starting the game.

should be good fun!
Let's get crazy!

Jo

e. mort 2006-10-30 4:34pm

This will be a great chance to share some of your boro shorts as well as try different color shorts from other people. Maybe I will make an interesting frit mix to pass on to the next person as well....bwa ha ha. (That is supposed to an evil halloween laugh.) If you want to make somebody really crazy, send them clear frit and tell them it is a striking color. Just kidding, I would never do that....honest....no, really I am serious here....really......

Cosmo 2006-10-30 5:43pm

If you're after me, guess what you're getting.....

sleekbeads 2006-10-31 5:50am

lol, you're both evil!

e. mort 2006-10-31 6:47am

We should have a minimum length on boro shorts though. I am thinking at least 4" long because that way you can still hold one end while puntying up the other.

Cosmo 2006-10-31 6:50am

That wouldn't be a bad idea.

jwelsh 2006-10-31 7:19am

Can I Get Added To The List! :)

sleekbeads 2006-10-31 8:52am

I added you to Smiley's list!
Jo

HardwoodTrailGlass 2006-11-01 6:09am

RuskinDesigns
Burntfingers
Cosmo
chrisann
fyrsmith
Suzanne
e-mort
RusticStudios
HardwoodTrailGlass
kimV
Three Muses Glass
Isellrejer

Looks awesome to me! We will have fun! :biggrin:

burntfingers 2006-11-01 7:01am

Oooh - I can't wait!!

suzanne 2006-11-02 10:30am

whoohooooo what a great list!!! ( I like all lists but I just love the look of my name between the big boys and girls:D;))

isellrejer 2006-11-02 9:09pm

I can't wait. Just please get to me before November 19th or after
December 3rd. I will be out of town those dates. This is going to be so much fun.

Jerri

sleekbeads 2006-11-06 9:23am

kimV... you're up first.
I'll be mailing your package today.
HAVE FUN..... :):)

Jo

Kim V 2006-11-06 3:10pm

Jo,
Cool!!! I'm not quite sure how to react to being first. Hyperventilating a bit here :D Can't wait to see what you've sent!!
Kim V

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleekbeads
kimV... you're up first.
I'll be mailing your package today.
HAVE FUN..... :):)

Jo

suzanne 2006-11-07 6:03am

lol you and me both Kim:D I can not wait to hear what you got, and what you will do with it:)

Kim V 2006-11-13 3:05pm

I went to the Post Office Saturday knowing that my package would be there. Silly me didn't realize that it would be closed. Well, I went today and sure enough, there was a package for me from Jo!!! I got an incredible heart which I plan on wearing to school tomorrow! Plus some "ingredients" for my bead....I'm continuing to hyperventilate! What was I thinking? :D I'm planning on lighting the torch tomorrow after work and see what happens.
Jo, I'll include a little notebook. Could you please PM me the name and address where I need to send to next?

Thanks,
Kim V

sleekbeads 2006-11-13 6:48pm

Heh, you got lucky. I had two of those hearts. The one you have is the one I made, and so proud of it, and I have a replica that Smiley gave me (of course I had to keep that one to myself). lol
Glad you like it.
Can't wait to see what you make with the stuff I sent.
Jo

Kim V 2006-11-19 5:45am

Jo,
You really should be glad that you aren't following me :D Hard to torch with the sneezing and coughing and reaching for kleenex that's been going on here :D But, I do have some things ready to pass along (properly disinfected, of course)....let me know who the package should be sent to. And whomever it is, remember I DID do a blanket apology when I sign on :D
Kim V

HardwoodTrailGlass 2006-11-19 7:34am

Who's next?

Because you're scaring me Kim! If it's me, I gotta mentally prepare myself! :lol:

CraftymissKim 2006-11-19 8:31am

I want to play. PLEEEEEASE

Kim

sleekbeads 2006-11-20 9:57am

Chrisann is next.
I will pm you the details, Kim.
lol, your message is funny "blanket apology" lol

Jo

Kim V 2006-11-21 3:36pm

Carrie, you're safe! :D
I stopped by the post office on the way home from work and the package is in their hands. I forgot to post pics of the glass that Jo sent. It was teal, lt cobalt blue, ice blue, and Solara.
Can't wait to see what Chris does with her goodies.
Kim V

chrisann 2006-11-24 4:52pm

Hi Ya'll!! I got a package in the mail today from Kim! Thanks Kim8-) unfortunately I'm having technical dificulties with my computer/camera at the moment:???: Anyway, I will attempt another picture tomorrow and see if I can download it to my puter. Kim sent me 4 pieces and I am suppose to choose the best for my bead:-k they are all very nice and I am having a hard time choosing LOL. My 22 yo daughter is already eyeing them for her neck LOL. I should be able to get some torch time this weekend and send mine out begin of next week. If I still have problems with the picture stuff tomorrow then I'll teake the stuff over to my neighbors and get her to snap them and download and email them to me so I can show ya'll. Have I mentioned that I hate dealing with computers??:evil: :???: Oh well you guys will just have to stand the suspense LOLOL.
chris ann

chrisann 2006-11-24 6:22pm

Ok I think I got a pic but had to use a floppy as my computer is having a moment:wtf: anyway... Here is what miss Kim sent me and I will attempt to decide which one is my fave....:pout: no fair making me choose LOLOL I hate to make decisions when not at work, it could be something to do woth having to make to many of them all day LOL. Anywho the first are the 4 pendants and the second is what I have to make my offering with and it has a piece of DICHRO!!! Damn I hope I don't burn it up. Kim Thanks again:smile:
chris ann

Kim V 2006-11-25 3:54am

Chris,
Aren't you sweet. I was serious in my note that the first one needs to swim with the fishes. :) The pic doesn't show the gazillion bubbles in it.
I'm not like most of you that can just pick up a rod of glass and make it do what you want. Maybe after Andy's class I will be better at it (ooohhh, Andy has his work cut out for him :)) You got all four so that you could see the progression through the use of this glass. (if anyone cares, the order goes bottom left, bottom right, top left, top right) Besides, I can't make decisions either...so I passed the buck on that one :D Though I will say that the last one I made, with the dot on the bottom was what I thought came out the best, relatively speaking. Well it had the least amount of things I found wrong with it :)
I figured with the dichro, if you didn't feel comfortable using it whole, you could cut it into pieces and incorporate little bits.
Have fun,
Kim V

sleekbeads 2006-11-27 9:10am

Terrific pieces! How cool. Are we having fun yet?
bwah!

Chrisann... did I already give you your next person or are you waiting to hear from me???? I've been away from my computer during Thanksgiving break.
my bad.
pm me please, I'm confused.
JO

chrisann 2006-11-29 4:08pm

Hey Jo,
did you get my pm? You didn't send me who is next. Let me know.
thanks
chris ann

sleekbeads 2006-11-30 8:26am

Oooo sorry! Preoccupied this week.

Burntfingers is next!
I'll pm the info!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
moving along nicely!

Jo

chrisann 2006-12-04 9:39pm

package went out today priority, should be there prolly tomorrow or wend as we are so close.
chris ann