Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Website help and critique (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   My new site, hope it's working ok (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243130)

Magma 2013-04-06 6:57pm

My new site, hope it's working ok

Hello everyone, the title says it all, i have no idea if my new site functions correctly on all Operating systems and different computer brands.
If it's not could you please let me know?
Thank you
Regis

www.magmabeads.com

Magma 2013-04-06 7:01pm

Oh and if there's something you don't like don't hesitate to let me know as well ! :)

Lizzydee 2013-04-06 7:10pm

Beautiful

Judith Billig 2013-04-06 7:32pm

Looks great.
The feature picture on the homepage took quite a while to load, but once it's there, everything works smoothly.
I'm using Google Chrome as browser.
And yes, it looks beautiful!

Magma 2013-04-06 10:57pm

Thank you Donna and Judith, yes the feature pics are too large, i will change the file size.

*Naos* 2013-04-08 10:35am

Gorgeous and clean!!

MistyCherie 2013-04-08 3:45pm

Gorgeous and works well on Firefox. I love your beads, and love how your new gallery works.

The only thing I would say, and I think you did it on purpose, is that your logo at the top is a bit hard to see. (dark dark logo on dark background). It looks like you added a white shadow effect, to highlight it a bit - however on my screen it's still very dark. (Hard to read your business name.)

Okay looks like it's only with SOME of your pictures, perhaps the glow around feature pictures isn't on all of them...

Magma 2013-04-08 10:07pm

Hi MistyCherie, thank you for the feedback :) You are right i really have to fix that, i'll get on to it !!

flaming_fools 2013-04-09 10:16pm

Just visited it = Works great on a MAC with newest operating system using Safari.

Loved the 'about' section and the archive section.

ewdb 2013-04-10 12:07pm

Hi Regis, love yr beads and yr tut. :D

Website looks good - i find the black background a little overwhelming but that's a more of a personal taste comment.

For readability though, like the others i can't see your logo at all on any of the pages, and i find the grey text hard to read - suggest either increase the font or make it white.

GabiLoraine 2013-04-12 8:32pm

It works great on the iPad! And your beads are AMAZING!!!!! I'm going to pin some of them, seriously I love them.

wd2crv 2013-10-13 7:58pm

I love your site - my only comment would be that perhaps it would be useful to have your name "Magma Beads" in a colour other than black so it shows more on each page? Awesome beads - i have always admired your talent and work!

PattyK 2013-10-14 3:51am

I think it's stunning! Simple and elegant. I'm not typically a fan of black backgrounds but your site is an exception .. the black really sets of your wonderful photos.

BTW, I'm using Chrome and there are several images on the "Work for Sale" Etsy section that seem to be broken.

Magma 2013-10-21 2:44pm

Thank you all again :)
PattyK, yes i've removed the pictures i really need to update it more often !

BohaGlass 2015-02-19 6:25am

Stunning work. I think the logo / background needs lightening too.
I would add a blog as Google loves to see new content and you can target keywords in the blog too.

Abacus Beads 2015-06-23 8:16am

Looks Great

evolvingglass 2015-08-30 2:14am

Just checked out your site and it looks great! Your work is some top notch stuff!

JulFor9 2015-09-18 12:27am

Hello, Your site looks nice and working well. There are nice gallery good job.

Magma 2016-02-05 12:48am

I never realised there was new comments on this thread, thank you all so much for the feedback :)

judit Szoke 2017-08-09 2:53am

Hi,
I opened from Linux with Google-chrome and Firefox. It looks good.
Only one small typo: On the Cart site with "Proceed to Checkout" button:

there are no space between the texts: ShippingFree Shipping :)

donia 2017-08-09 4:02am

Older thread but enjoyed viewing all your hard work on Instagram.\\:D/

SolarLady 2017-09-06 11:01am

I didn't want to post here as this thread was old, but recently it has been updated, so I want to say that I also like your work and the website design. What did you use for its creation? (if it is not a secret, of course :smile:) I'm going to build a website and I'm looking for a good template/theme/builder. I was suggested to try one of the wordpress fashion consultant themes, but I haven't decided yet. Thanks in advance!