Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Holly Cooper in Maine---Rare Chemistry I & II---Oct. 12-13, 2013 (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249121)

Playing with Fire! 2013-07-27 8:45am

Holly Cooper in Maine---Rare Chemistry I & II---Oct. 12-13, 2013

Please call to reserve your seat! Registration is closing in just two weeks!

Holly Cooper will be teaching a two day workshop at
Playing with Fire!- Rockland, Maine

Holly will arrive here newly inspired by her recent trip to Turkey where she was the featured artist at The Glass Furnace! Along with a "little" side trip to the Greek Islands... Holly is bursting with designs and inspiration! (As if she wasn't already!) If you've taken a class with Holly, you already know how amazing she is, and you won't want to miss this opportunity! If you've never taken a class with Holly, THIS is your chance!

October 12 & 13, 2013, Saturday/Sunday

Join us for Holly's exciting new set of classes which explore the chemistry behind Holly's amazing work!

Rare Chemistry I - October 12-Saturday

Special Materials: Silver leaf, Silver Foil and Silver Glass
This is day-one of a two-day workshop in which Holly will share her unique surface techniques involving different forms of silver and applied stringer. These forms include silver leaf, foil and Double Helix silver glass.As we explore these techniques we will see how silver and hot glass transform one another in multiple ways.

This class is designed to open up new ways of using these special materials to add patina and depth to the surface of glass beads. In this class you will be able to see inside Holly's creative process as she explains her method of exploration of these various forms of silver

Rare Chemistry II - October 13-Sunday

Special Materials: Copper Leaf, Copper Powder and Enamels

In the first segment of day-two of this workshop we will explore the use of various forms of copper as a surface design element with powdered enamel as a base. Using glass stringers, copper leaf and powders we will create patterned surfaces rich in depth and layered interest.

Later in the session the focus will turn to enamels as an additional element to create complex, yet subtle, textured patterns.

These combined techniques will utilize the interplay of various materials to enrich the surface of your work.
Holly Cooper — October 12-13, 2013
Rare Chemistry I, and Rare Chemistry II
Oct. 12-13, Saturday-Sunday Class hours 9 to 5.
$485.00 Lunches included. Materials fee-TBA

Please give us a call to speak for a seat, and then please submit our enrollment form to register. The wonderful Old Granite Inn is just a few doors down the street, and welcomes Playing with Fire! students with their lovely hospitality and a special student rate.

Holly 2013-08-04 11:13am

I'm really excited about this new class. I can hardly wait!

Playing with Fire! 2013-08-31 7:13am

Registration is closing in just two weeks!

pamw@sacoriver.net 2013-08-31 7:27am

I am in and very excited!!! Anybody that wants to come to Maine for vacation and needs a place to crash for a couple of days before or after the class, you can stay with me! (must like dogs though...) I have a kayak and a lake! I bet I could even find someone to get you from Portland Airport.

Pam

pamw@sacoriver.net 2013-09-07 4:56am

Lobster is cheap this time of year!

Holly 2013-09-07 6:17am

Wow, Pam! That's a generous offer! Thank you. Can't wait to meet you and eat some lobster together :D

Playing with Fire! 2013-09-11 3:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly (Post 4402219)
Wow, Pam! That's a generous offer! Thank you. Can't wait to meet you and eat some lobster together :D

Holly, Pam IS generous and very funny! But please don't tell her I said that, as she'll get a swelled head and will be impossible! :lol:

pamw@sacoriver.net 2013-09-12 6:20pm

Hahaha... too late Virginia. So excited! So who else is in? Anybody wanna share a room with me Saturday night? Anybody wanna come early or stay late? The fall foliage might still be really pretty.
Pam

Sue in Maine 2013-09-12 6:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 4407358)
Hahaha... too late Virginia. So excited! So who else is in? Anybody wanna share a room with me Saturday night? Anybody wanna come early or stay late? The fall foliage might still be really pretty.
Pam

"IF" I win my small claims case next Tuesday, I'm in. Cross your fingers, toes and eyes for me that Justice isn't blind.

Sue

pamw@sacoriver.net 2013-09-12 6:44pm

hope you win! Hope you win! Hope you win!

Playing with Fire! 2013-09-13 11:15am

Oh Sue, hope you win, hope you win, hope you win!

Sue in Maine 2013-09-13 2:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playing with Fire! (Post 4407887)
Oh Sue, hope you win, hope you win, hope you win!

You and Ed will be the first to know. I'll stop in when I'm done. The Courthouse is in Rockland- somewhere. (Must find courthouse... must find courthouse... must find courthouse...)

Sue

Playing with Fire! 2013-09-14 9:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue in Maine (Post 4408056)
You and Ed will be the first to know. I'll stop in when I'm done. The Courthouse is in Rockland- somewhere. (Must find courthouse... must find courthouse... must find courthouse...)

Sue

Wait, wait... There is a Sue-is-Lost-Again joke here, just begging to escape! LMAO!

The courthouse is very easy to find. Seriously.

It's on Union St. which is the one way, southbound Rte 1, street that parallels Main St. It's about a block and a half from here. We can almost see it, looking to the left, from the front door.

We'll be thinking good thoughts for a win. Do stop by when you're done.

silverlilly1 2013-09-14 10:27am

I so wish I could do this...

flame n fuse 2013-09-14 2:16pm

any chance of a similar course in Europe??

Sue in Maine 2013-09-17 12:01pm

The spot that I was hopeful for in this class if I won in court today is now available since I lost my case.

The extra is just not in my budget right now. I very much wish it was. Playing With Fire has the best classes- great studio and wonderful teachers.

Sue

silverlilly1 2013-09-17 2:14pm

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! If I had the money for the course I'd drive and sleep in my car, but it's just not to be.

Ed_Slawson 2013-09-18 1:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverlilly1 (Post 4411329)
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! If I had the money for the course I'd drive and sleep in my car, but it's just not to be.

[Virginia here, posting on Ed's account...]

Oh Melissa, really, you would come?! We could do a payment plan if that would help. Seriously. (of course, that goes for Sue, and anyone who is interested). Please PM me if you like!

And for lodging, it's possible to do a room-share with our students at the Old Granite Inn (a few doors down the street)... the Inn is very accommodating, they're really nice folks! (Students can feel free to coordinate that through this thread.)

silverlilly1 2013-09-18 10:41pm

Thanks Virginia. That's an excellent offer!

Playing with Fire! 2013-09-24 9:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverlilly1 (Post 4413793)
Thanks Virginia. That's an excellent offer!

Oh Melissa, thanks! If it helps makes a class happen for someone who'd really like to be in the class... everyone wins!:grin:

Ed_Slawson 2013-09-27 10:35am

Hey Everyone! :poke:,
We've got two seats available to fill out this class!

Please give me a call -- 207-594-7805 --- if you can join us for what will be an amazing and incredibly valuable class!

pamw@sacoriver.net 2013-09-27 3:41pm

Seriously folks! My DH will be away hunting and I live on a lake if you want to make a mini-vacation out of it... You have to like dogs and yours are welcome if they play nicely.

Pam

Playing with Fire! 2013-09-28 9:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 4420877)
Seriously folks! My DH will be away hunting and I live on a lake if you want to make a mini-vacation out of it... You have to like dogs and yours are welcome if they play nicely.

Pam

Oh Pam, thanks! That is a really nice offer! A mini lake vacation (and Pam's area is *gorgeous* (well, all of Maine is gorgeous, but I'm kinda biased, LOL!)... and doggy play dates!!!!!! WoW!

Ed_Slawson 2013-10-11 8:29am

Holly arrived late last night, we have an absolutely full class. It is going to be a wonderful weekend, a fantastic teacher, and some of the very best (and fun) students in the glass world! Wish you could all be here.

SilverReflections 2013-10-11 9:54am

Sounds like it will be a fun class, wish I could be there! Have a great time!

Tina

Sue in Maine 2013-10-15 4:22am

Any follow up and pictures to make those of us who couldn't make it jealous? And what's this I hear about the differences between a boy dog and a girl dog? There was only a hint that there was a chuckle or two over this....

I'm glad all had a grand time and am sorry I missed it.

Pictures? Please? Pretty please?

Sue

pamw@sacoriver.net 2013-10-15 1:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue in Maine (Post 4433655)
Any follow up and pictures to make those of us who couldn't make it jealous? And what's this I hear about the differences between a boy dog and a girl dog? There was only a hint that there was a chuckle or two over this....

I'm glad all had a grand time and am sorry I missed it.

Pictures? Please? Pretty please?

Sue

Now you know what happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.... Holly needs an anatomy lesson, Ed got all excited when Gumby "rode the dragon...", I had to sit at the kid's table, and the Canadians made one-eyed monsters..

Sorry you missed it.

All that, and Holly still accepted my friendship request on facebook...LOL

Playing with Fire! 2013-10-20 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 4434044)
Now you know what happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.... Holly needs an anatomy lesson, Ed got all excited when Gumby "rode the dragon...", I had to sit at the kid's table, and the Canadians made one-eyed monsters..

Sorry you missed it.

Aww Sue, I just don't know where to begin, we had such a good time! So wish you could have been there. I do know that when I write my book, Pam is going to be the co-author. ;-)

demcc2 2013-10-21 7:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 4434044)

Sorry you missed it.

Hey Pam, I hate to break this to ya but....she accepted mine too. If she accepts mine, she'll accept ANYONE'S request! LOL

Duane