Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   VIP Room Info (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   VIP FAQ (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199889)

CorriDawn 2011-07-07 4:16pm

VIP FAQ

What is the VIP room?

Many people are on Lampwork Etc. every day. The site is free to use, but does accept donations to keep it running. The VIP room was created in order to add more incentive to people who would like to donate. It is a room where there will be give aways, prizes, and special deals available to members. This room costs $11 for 20 days and you may see all of the special deals and offers in this room and also enter into any of the drawings for free with a paid subscription. This is a way to help encourage donations and remind people about supporting the site that they use.

$11 per 20 days seems pretty random, why not have it charge per month?

Everyone will sign up on different days, so not everyone will be on the same schedule. It is not expected that people are always signed up to access the room, only when they see from the title that there is something that they are interested in, or if they would like to make a donation to the site.

How do I pay?

You may pay via PayPal. The subscription page will redirect you to PayPal. Please note that you do not have to have a PayPal account, you may pay with a credit card through PayPal without having to open an account.

May I sign up for more than 20 days at a time?

Yes, when you go to Paid Subscriptions, you may use the pull down menu and choose however many 20 day increments you would like to purchase.

Can anyone give things away?

Anyone may give things away. They may post them themselves, or contact Corridawn in order to have the items posted.

Will there always be items available in this room?

I am hoping to always keep items available, they will be staggered and the end times on the items will all be different.

What if I sign up, but my subscription ends before the item is given away?

As long as you posted the requirements in the thread before your subscription ends, you are still eligible for the prize.

Who is responsible for shipping the items?

The person giving away the item is responsible for shipping unless prior arrangements have been made or are specified in the thread.

How do I know what is being given away?

Everyone, whether they are a member or not, may see thread titles. You need to click on where it says VIP Room and you will be taken to where you can see all of the thread titles. This should give you an idea of what is being given away.

Why can we not see the content of the thread, only the title unless we sign up?

The thread will often include information about a special deal, it could be a code, or it could be an offer that you have to call to receive. In order to have it only accessible to members, the thread content cannot be shown to everyone, otherwise anyone could call and receive the deal without having to make a donation.

What if I sign up and then decide that I don’t see anything I want?

There will be no refunds given. The room is actually to help support Lampwork Etc. So even if you do not find something you are interested in, you get to support the site.

ironmountainglass 2011-07-08 1:18pm

Where is the paid subscription page? Nver mind I found it:)

Hayley 2011-07-08 1:31pm

Corri - I do have two suggestions:

1) Perhaps the title of the thread can contain if the item(s) information on whether it's for sale or for drawing? A simple "Special discount: xxx" will suffice.

2) For the drawing items, perhaps the title of the thread can contain the last day to enter?

Thanks!

moushka 2011-07-09 4:13am

thaOnce paypal goes through, how long does it take to access the room? I paid Thurs, my acct was debited Friday, and still I am not authorized.

Thanks,
Jen

beadsoncypress 2011-07-09 5:21am

Thanks for answering all my questions!

GlassGalore 2011-07-09 6:35am

Suggestion...

I like how the thread about Brent's DVD was marked "Ended" right after the drawing. This prevents folks who are not yet subscribed from thinking that they could get in on that drawing still.

Could this be done with ALL threads as they are concluded? Example, SuzyQ's $100 fits-Pandora drawing is completed now.

Shrimp 2011-07-10 8:12am

Suggestion: Change the name of this room. The VIP room makes me think that only the 'very important people' are permitted in there. Like at the airport. The VIP room is only accessable by individuals with paid passes. Just sounds so hush-hush, like something is being hidden. I think it should be named according to the purpose of the room. Here is my suggestion......."Lampwork Etc Site Funding ~ Keeping the Ship Afloat". The header thread should have the 'mission statement' in it along with a direct link to your Paypal account, and info on freebie gimmicks.

wimsey 2011-07-20 11:30pm

Corri - Is there somewhere where it tells you when you subscribed? I lose track of time and I'd like to be able to check when the subscription is about to expire - especially if I've entered a draw that might end after the subscription is up. I'll need to know when to subscribe again!
Thanks,
Beth

wimsey 2011-07-21 6:24pm

Oops! Nevermind, found it!
Beth

2tumblingdragonz 2011-07-25 7:40am

Hi Corri,

If I want to add time/renew subscription midterm do I need to wait until initial time expires or if I add 20 days will they start when the first 20 are done or do they overlap?

thanks
namaste
Rowyn

2tumblingdragonz 2011-07-25 11:41am

I added another 11 days and it did extend the expirey date. Good to know!

angel light
namaste
Rowyn