Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Is there a color you once couldn't stand but now love or like? (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194464)

merigypsy 2011-05-04 2:34pm

Is there a color you once couldn't stand but now love or like?

I used to not like light yellow-green / chartreuse (spelling?).
Now I like it. BUT I think I really only like it when it is with Magenta or wine color combos. The colors of fall and vineyards would have these colors. This is so strange to me. I really have never been able to stand this color.
Anyone a else?

chrisdd 2011-05-04 2:51pm

Green, orange and earth tones. Hated them, but now I love them.

Kevan 2011-05-04 2:51pm

Aqua. I've always hated rooms painted aqua, but for the past couple of years I'm thinking I would love to have one.

merigypsy 2011-05-04 3:04pm

I never thought I could paint a room Brown and RED. Now I have those colors as paint in some rooms. I know they are very popular and everywhere so i got used to them.

SilverRiverJewelry 2011-05-04 3:50pm

orange and yellow. Hated them but am now strangely drawn to them. Go figure.

wendbill 2011-05-04 6:43pm

yellow and orange.

Ha ha - Snap Sonja.

zen-mom 2011-05-04 7:08pm

That weird Vetrofond Yellow Ochre... reminds me of my gramma's kitchen appliances back in the 70's... but I love it now.

SilverRiverJewelry 2011-05-04 7:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendbill (Post 3517449)
yellow and orange.

Ha ha - Snap Sonja.

:lol:

PerfectDeb 2011-05-04 10:31pm

transparent grey - after seeing Corina make murrini with i'm in love and went out an actually bought a sizable amount for me (bout 1/2 pound)

flamemoth 2011-05-05 2:55am

yes..its the vetrofond yellow that is the exact color of baby poo. In fact they should rename that one, but I grew to love it. I made some fine fine beads once using that yellow some frit and some silver.

SuzyQ 2011-05-05 4:18am

Garnet burgundy shades. Hated them for the longest time. But I love the way CIM bordello looks over other colors and have fallen in love.

merigypsy 2011-05-05 5:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen-mom (Post 3517519)
That weird Vetrofond Yellow Ochre... reminds me of my gramma's kitchen appliances back in the 70's... but I love it now.

Yes! I remember that

(I could add I hate all the swamp tan and grey colors that I get with most silver colors, but I still hate them!)

glassymom 2011-05-05 6:02am

Orange and Ochre. Always disliked orange especially. Now I love it and always use it in my beads and the ochre always looks so good with the bright colors. I'm even thinking of painting my studio orange when its finished!

Debbie 2011-05-05 6:29am

Olive green. Ever since I came up with a really cool bead design with Lauscha Olive about 8 years ago, I have been seeking out clothing with olive green accents. Totally coincidentally, a few other bead makers came a similar style bead using this color right at the same time that Lauscha olive came on the scene.

Grey. I am torn here. I still dislike grey but I am finding myself more drawn to certain shades of it since I let my hair go grey. I always preferred gold to silver but am finding that the silver goes better with the hair these days.

GinnyHampton 2011-05-05 6:39am

Green.
For some reason I'm on a total green kick lately and I've never even liked green!

Turquoise has always (and will always) be my true love though :)

chrissij 2011-05-05 6:43am

Brown. Truly despised brown. I'm still not a fan, but I'll admit that it has won a place in my bead palette. Mostly I just like it because it goes well with turquoise. I love turquoise.

Hayley 2011-05-05 7:21am

PINK! Now that we can have iridescent pinks with silver glass, I am obsessed with them! lol!

flameonglass 2011-05-05 12:41pm

Burgundy & Aqua. Maybe it's a trend?

Lara 2011-05-05 6:45pm

Kelly Green

dragonfly designs 56 2011-05-05 7:24pm

orange.......................

demcc2 2011-05-05 7:48pm

This is simple! I have three letters for ya....E D P
I couldn't stand it. I used to shock so many rods to pieces that I thought it would be neat as a gun :shock:

Now that I know how to treat it I love the stuff.

Duane

truegem 2011-05-06 6:43am

I don't like the Effetre browns. I don't think I ever will, lol. But that's not what this thread is about, is it? Can't think of anything I didn't like but have grown to like, but I have been using more orange lately. I think it depends what you're doing with the color. I love orange for my Mexico inspired beads...you pretty much need that color if you're going to make them. =)
And you're right Merrilee, I can totally see that color looking great with wine colors.

Maqea 2011-05-06 7:01am

Pink and orange. I did not like them before and specially not together. Now I think they are great both single and together with each other and together with yellow and red too.

chrissij 2011-05-06 8:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by truegem (Post 3519856)
I don't like the Effetre browns. I don't think I ever will, lol.

The Chocolatta is a good brown. The Lauscha TriColor brown is the best brown, and I'm still not a brown fan. I've grown to tolerate it, and I never thought I'd see that day.

one-eared pig 2011-05-07 10:55am

In the class i took to learn how to make beads, I despised Effetre Dark Ivory. Sersiouly hated it. Now I cannot imagine not having it in my arsenal.

For colors in general, pink. Definitely pink. I've hated pink and the stupid, girly-ishness that it always represented in my eyes. In the past few years, I've started to like it a lot. More of the strong, hot pinks. Still not too fond of pastel pink (any pastel for that matter). Lampworking has really made me appreciate colors.