Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Melanie Mortel in Eugene August 2009 (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126648)

ukiacat 2009-04-07 1:22pm

Melanie Mortel in Eugene August 2009

I'm not a part of the school but want to point this out to LE Members. Right now the school has an April Special. They give you a free Membership ($100 value which includes 5% off all 2009 classes). That means that three days with Melanie will cost $498.75 plus $25 for material fees. Sign up for one of the classes while there are openings! My husband just got a job after being laid off since November. I decided I couldn't afford to miss this class. I'm taking the second class (August 14-16). Come on....take it with me!!!!

You can contact Samantha Pritchard Sam@eugeneglassschool.org or call her (phone number below)

EUGENE GLASS SCHOOL IS PROUD TO HOST

Melanie Moertel

ADVANCED BEADMAKING

$525 + $25 material fee (non-refundable)

Dates:

1. August 7-9 Fri-Sun 10am-5pm

2. August 14-16 Fri-Sun 10am-5pm

This class will start with pulling stringers in different diameters and you will learn why it is important to have enough stringers before you start working. You will also learn which diameter stringer to use in certain cases. During this class you will learn to make fine lined murrinis, Indian elephant beads, and free formed shapes such as rocks, islands and tabs. Also covered will be modern flower focals and the combination possibilities of opaque and transparent glass. Be prepared to challenge your creative abilities and to have a rockin’ fun time.

PLEASE CALL EUGENE GLASS SCHOOL TO REGISTER: 541.342.2959

ukiacat 2009-04-09 8:01pm

Not that it makes much difference but I switched to the August 7-9th class. Just don't want to mislead anyone. Got a friend from Portland (another ORBS member) to go too, I think. Any other ORBS members out there who want to go with us?

J

ukiacat 2009-04-23 8:53am

Just a reminder that the April Special of a free Membership worth $100 is almost over.

With the free membership there is also a 5% discount on all 2009 classes. If you're thinking about Melanie's class, sign up before the month is over so you get the discount. I don't have any affiliation with the school but I've taken classes there and I learned a lot and had a good time. Also, I want to make sure that Melanie's classes get filled...especially the first one :twisted:

BTW there are boro classes being offered by some wonderful boro artists too. John Kobuki (sp?) and Sabina B. (don't want to go look for the spelling) will be teaching there. Their marbles are amazing. 8) Take advantage of the April Special for those too.

J

Teague 2009-04-23 8:57am

Melanie is a real sweetheart! I haven't been able to take her class but I did meet her last summer while she was here and she was very fun to spend time with.

Teague

rusticstudio 2009-04-23 10:19am

Aww, too bad it's not closer to GlassStock or I'd try to squeeze it in. I'd love to meet Melanie and take a class with her.