Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Customer Service Kiosk (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Unlimited Oxygen Woes (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247311)

Echobaby1 2013-06-20 6:05am

Unlimited Oxygen Woes

Now that I am looking through these forums I guess my problem isn't so original. I ordered from Unlimited Oxygen on March 29th. I paid in full that day. I was told my order would take 60 days or less. We are now a week away from 90 days. At 60 days I emailed, contact us in a week was the response. A week later, I emailed again, contact us in a couple weeks. A couple weeks go by, another email, no answer, another email, no answer, another email, no answer. Finally I got an answer 2 days ago. I was told they are now running at 90 days for orders. That I should have called, "which is something I doubt you have done".

The point of this thread is not to air dirty laundry or point fingers or slam anyone. I just want to find out when I will get my machine. The last email I got from Jack left a very bad feeling in my stomach. I bought from them because I saw several times that its a very very good product, and I still believe that. But going way beyond the deadline without apology or letting me know what's going on at all is really a crappy way to treat me. I was made to feel like it was my fault for not calling, when in the beginning I asked can we do this all by email and I was told that was not a problem. I don't have easy access to a phone and prefer not to use it.

So now I'm again in this limbo, I asked will I have my machine next week since that's the 90 day anniversary and you are running at 90 days? So far, no answer. For me this is a huge purchase and I saved up for it. To have my money out there with no product really has me worried.

To those who have dealt with UO2, will I get my machine? Should I try to get my money back from Paypal? With no real date of delivery from UO2 I am really unsure of what my next move should be. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

purpledragonfly 2013-06-20 6:11am

you will get your machine and it will be a great machine when you get it. Jack is just a one man show and has issues with time frames.

doraspot 2013-06-20 6:35am

I would get my money back ASAP. and look elsewhere for someone with some integrity and business ethics. Just sayin.

oxydoc 2013-06-20 8:42am

[quote=purpledragonfly;4345043]you will get your machine and it will be a great machine when you get it. Jack is just a one man show and has issues with time frame
This is old news. Anyone who has delt with me knows that we are slow, BUT we are good. We support our equipment for life. Compare LIFE with the wait. It is worth it. Jack

Echobaby1 2013-06-20 8:53am

I understood that I would have to wait when I purchased and I am ok with waiting...its the waiting with no idea of when I will get the machine that has me concerned. I was told 60 days and that has come and gone. So the fact that there is a wait or that its a fine product isn't what I wanted to find out. I would love to find out how long my wait will now be. Which still hasn't been answered.

And I'm sorry, its not old news to me.

oxydoc 2013-06-20 9:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echobaby1 (Post 4345130)
I understood that I would have to wait when I purchased and I am ok with waiting...its the waiting with no idea of when I will get the machine that has me concerned. I was told 60 days and that has come and gone. So the fact that there is a wait or that its a fine product isn't what I wanted to find out. I would love to find out how long my wait will now be. Which still hasn't been answered.

The reason I have a bad rep is because I have made promises that I couldn't keep. I cannot always give a specific date of completion. I do have yours ready. Jack

oxydoc 2013-06-20 9:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echobaby1 (Post 4345130)

The reason I have a bad rep is because I have made promises that I couldn't keep. I cannot always give a specific date of completion. I do have yours ready. Jack

Jennefer 2013-06-20 9:55am

It would help your reputation a great deal if you would stop putting "only a 30 day wait" in your sale threads and your pm's.

istandalone24/7 2013-06-20 11:11am

yup.
update your website (or even keep an active thread here) regularly, and have it show the current wait times. be they 2 weeks or 6 months.

purpledragonfly 2013-06-20 12:01pm

[quote=oxydoc;4345123]
Quote:

Originally Posted by purpledragonfly (Post 4345043)
you will get your machine and it will be a great machine when you get it. Jack is just a one man show and has issues with time frame
This is old news. Anyone who has delt with me knows that we are slow, BUT we are good. We support our equipment for life. Compare LIFE with the wait. It is worth it. Jack

Jack, I have dealt with you. I have no issues with you and I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I have your concentrator and wouldn't buy anything else.......even with the wait time. You have been a great help to me over the phone more than once and always a pleasure to speak too.

KJohn 2013-06-20 3:26pm

I will note that I had some difficulty getting responses to emails, also. I am hard of hearing, so I do not like using the telephone. I found a much better rate of response when using the PM system here on LE, in case anyone needs that.

Otherwise, I will say that when I did receive my machine, it was well-packaged, clean and ready to be used. It is a little workhorse, and I really like the warranty. I would probably buy from Jack just for that, but the price was so good I was extra pleased with my purchase.

I think you can pretty much count on a wait and having to stay on top of things. If the wait doesn't suit you, find another vendor by all means. But, I would make sure that you know what the warranty is. I think fixing these must be a real bear and shipping is expensive. Hope it all works out for you.

smpalmer85 2013-06-22 6:39pm

Jack should be banned from this website. If someone didn't ship a garage sale item for MONTHS after delivery was paid for and promised I'm pretty sure they would get similar treatment. The fact that the admins look the other way from a self-admitted thief (that's what you are when you take someones money without payment of interest or goods) is ridiculous.

Until people start issuing charge backs on their credit card and he starts getting banned from forums he won't change his business practices.

uncle louie 2013-06-22 10:08pm

just because he is slow on Shipping doesn't make him a thief.I have bought 2 units from him and like everybody else had to wait but in the end I got a great oxycon with great warranty.and by the way don't the administrators look down on personal attacks like yours?

mewsicmama 2013-06-23 12:02am

I won an oxycon from him several years ago. Would you believe it is still safely stored as getting my studio set up has been fraught with difficulty. I am proud to say, however, that I now have a natural gas connection (actually two) that are completely run. THAT is a miracle!

I intend to empty out my metal tanker desk with return and use that for torching instead of the workbench I originally planned on. I am fairly short so even standing and torching if I want to it should be OK.

My sister gifted me with a beautiful oak computer desk and I will cut my current crap load and use it instead for computer work. Now that I no longer work outside my home there is probably a lot of stuff I can get rid of that I won't be using any more. Trying to get rid of the hoarding tendency, so may be posting some thing in the garage sale cheap if I think someone else can use it. Hate to throw away something good when someone else could possibly put it to use.

I am getting much closer than I ever thought I would to having a studio! Thank you Jack!

H1JACK3R 2013-06-23 5:33pm

I've dealt with Jack, to get results, I'd call a lot and stay on top of it.

He provides a good product at a good price.

The customer issues are real, and I don't think banning him would do anyone any good, wouldn't you rather have posts here telling you about what you're getting into?

glaslight 2013-06-23 7:47pm

I bought my M-10 from Jack and though he is sometimes slow on delivery the Item was well worth the wait. I am very happy with his product and when I'm ready to upgrade I will buy from him again!

Echobaby1 2013-06-24 1:49pm

I'm wondering what now? Is the oxycon on the way or is there something more I need to do?

I think that everyone is right, I'm sure its a great machine and I will love it when I get it (I will miss the guys at the welding store...:rolleyes: ). But, besides getting my machine I would love to figure out a better system for you Jack. Its obvious from your supporters that you have a great product but everyone that I talk to has some sort of problems with customer service. Would you benefit from a better computer system? Automated emails with time frame notifications? Alarms for you to see when people have been waiting too long so nothing slips through? I'm sure with such a large community of people here there should be a way to help you out so your bad rep can be erased.

So yeah anyway....when am I getting my machine? :-P

dmmcnair 2013-06-24 3:26pm

I don't believe that Jack needs to be banned. He's not fleecing anyone. Yes Jack needs to keep the community updated on wait times. I'm sure Jack has his own share of issues getting parts required. And it is difficult getting some medical parts. Most businesses that do custom work, will take payment in advance, especially smaller businesses. It's not like Jack has all these oxycons sitting in his place of business and he's sitting on them and just collecting money from people. He's actually refitting these items, waiting on specific parts, etc. He is providing a service to us and at a great cost even though the wait is long.

When I ordered from Jack, I made sure I ordered my unit well before I needed or wanted it. He specifically told me that it was a 90 day wait time. I ordered in October and asked that I have it in February. Well, guess what? I had it in February. I kept up a little communication with him, but didn't hound him. And I got it very quickly after he told me it shipped.

Jack I would suggest that you keep your estimated wait time at 4 to 6 months. At least everyone would be surprised when they get it earlier. Maybe an email to customers to keep them updated on their units would help alleviate the waiting pains.

oxydoc 2013-06-24 5:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmmcnair (Post 4347845)
I don't believe that Jack needs to be banned. He's not fleecing anyone. Yes Jack needs to keep the community updated on wait times. I'm sure Jack has his own share of issues getting parts required. And it is difficult getting some medical parts. Most businesses that do custom work, will take payment in advance, especially smaller businesses. It's not like Jack has all these oxycons sitting in his place of business and he's sitting on them and just collecting money from people. He's actually refitting these items, waiting on specific parts, etc. He is providing a service to us and at a great cost even though the wait is long.

When I ordered from Jack, I made sure I ordered my unit well before I needed or wanted it. He specifically told me that it was a 90 day wait time. I ordered in October and asked that I have it in February. Well, guess what? I had it in February. I kept up a little communication with him, but didn't hound him. And I got it very quickly after he told me it shipped.

Jack I would suggest that you keep your estimated wait time at 4 to 6 months. At least everyone would be surprised when they get it earlier. Maybe an email to customers to keep them updated on their units would help alleviate the waiting pains.

I hear you, All good suggestions.

Echobaby1 2013-06-25 1:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echobaby1 (Post 4347783)
I'm wondering what now? Is the oxycon on the way or is there something more I need to do?

So yeah anyway....when am I getting my machine? :-P

Still wondering what I should do now?

oxydoc 2013-06-25 3:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echobaby1 (Post 4345041)
Now that I am looking through these forums I guess my problem isn't so original. I ordered from Unlimited Oxygen on March 29th. I paid in full that day. I was told my order would take 60 days or less. We are now a week away from 90 days. At 60 days I emailed, contact us in a week was the response. A week later, I emailed again, contact us in a couple weeks. A couple weeks go by, another email, no answer, another email, no answer, another email, no answer. Finally I got an answer 2 days ago. I was told they are now running at 90 days for orders. That I should have called, "which is something I doubt you have done".

The point of this thread is not to air dirty laundry or point fingers or slam anyone. I just want to find out when I will get my machine. The last email I got from Jack left a very bad feeling in my stomach. I bought from them because I saw several times that its a very very good product, and I still believe that. But going way beyond the deadline without apology or letting me know what's going on at all is really a crappy way to treat me. I was made to feel like it was my fault for not calling, when in the beginning I asked can we do this all by email and I was told that was not a problem. I don't have easy access to a phone and prefer not to use it.

So now I'm again in this limbo, I asked will I have my machine next week since that's the 90 day anniversary and you are running at 90 days? So far, no answer. For me this is a huge purchase and I saved up for it. To have my money out there with no product really has me worried.

To those who have dealt with UO2, will I get my machine? Should I try to get my money back from Paypal? With no real date of delivery from UO2 I am really unsure of what my next move should be. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Please call

AKDesigns 2013-06-25 3:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxydoc (Post 4348599)
Please call

Did you not see that she/he doesn't have access to a phone? You quoted the post where they state that. Why can't you just give an answer here or by email? Why is that so difficult?

oxydoc 2013-06-25 3:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKDesigns (Post 4348607)
Did you not see that she/he doesn't have access to a phone? You quoted the post where they state that. Why can't you just give an answer here or by email? Why is that so difficult?

You are right. And I did respond via Email.

Echobaby1 2013-06-25 4:26pm

Nope, I haven't received any email since before I first posted, so where do we go from here?

AKDesigns 2013-06-25 4:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxydoc (Post 4348609)
You are right. And I did respond via Email.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echobaby1 (Post 4348639)
Nope, I haven't received any email since before I first posted, so where do we go from here?

Maybe Jack can use the PM system here to update you instead.

Echobaby1 2013-06-25 5:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKDesigns (Post 4348660)
Maybe Jack can use the PM system here to update you instead.

I lurk here enough, that would probably be faster then email, LOL

AKDesigns 2013-06-25 5:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echobaby1 (Post 4348671)

I have to tell you that you are extremely patient.

istandalone24/7 2013-06-26 4:03am

i was saying he should keep an updated page either here, on facebook or wherever that states the current build/wait times.
update it once a week....keeps people in the loop.

i'll add my .02, Jack's products are top notch and worth the wait. if it keeps you from paying airgas/haun welding/wherever every week it's worth it.

oxydoc 2013-06-26 5:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echobaby1 (Post 4348671)

I am sending yours out today. I will email you the info

pamw@sacoriver.net 2013-06-26 7:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxydoc (Post 4349081)
I am sending yours out today. I will email you the info

Are you sending mine too?