Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Mike Hanson Murrini Class April 4-5 in Santa Rosa (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124020)

quincyandco 2009-03-07 10:01am

Mike Hanson Murrini Class April 4-5 in Santa Rosa

3 Attachment(s)
I am happy to announce a new workshop in my studio....
Mike Hanson will be teaching murrini making with an ocean theme. The class will be held here in Santa Rosa on April 4 and 5, 9am to 5pm. The fee is $300 and includes all glass and lunch! There is an option of taking the first day only for $175. The class is limited to seven participants.
Attachment 77611
Attachment 77612Attachment 77613
Sunday we will have the chance to build collaboration beads--by sharing pieces of the murrini we make.
Mike is a gifted and generous teacher, I am looking forward to this workshop!

glasshouse 2009-03-07 11:35am

Awesome! What a fun class! Mike H is a great teacher and his ocean beads and gear shifts are amazing. Actually all of his work is amazing. :)

:) Kelly

quincyandco 2009-03-07 4:37pm

:biggrin:There are now only 5 spots left...

glassactcc 2009-03-07 6:59pm

Oh, get into this class while you can. Mike is a very talented guy and you will learn great things!

Diane (clarus) 2009-03-07 9:27pm

I wish I could take it but can't that weekend. I have watched Mike do some amazing stuff at some of the local meetings (including yesterday at Aanraku) and know he's the guy to learn this stuff from. I have also seen the bead Quincy shows in the first post - it really doesn't do it justice - it's one of those beads you can sit there and admire and fondle for hours! Actually, Quincy, you need to post a photo of the bead Mike and Kelly collaborated on a few weeks ago at the meeting at your house!

I'll definitely see you another time, Mike..... (you too, Quincy!)

-Diane

quincyandco 2009-03-08 9:51am

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Diane!:waving:
You are right about the picture of that bead. I could not get good pictures of it and I'm sure that I must have taken close to 50!!!
Here is the bead you were mentioning....Mike made all of the murrini he used that day too! What a fun Norcal SGB get-together that was!!!Attachment 77660

Mike H 2009-03-08 10:27am

Thanks Ladies! That was a fun day. Its been a while since I was able to get together with all of you again. Here is a few pieces that show some more of the Murine that I have made and are similar to some that we will make in the class.

quincyandco 2009-03-08 4:12pm

Thanks Mike. Your photos are so much better than mine!
](*,)I just can't seem to take good ones lately....probably just user error as opposed to blaming my poor camera:???:

Troll Lover 2009-03-08 4:31pm

Oh how I wish I lived in the USA...

theglasszone 2009-03-08 10:26pm

Holly Octopus! Is he going to be teaching the fish murrini? (Not that I could make it in my wildest dreams - I'll be meeting my hubby in Vegas that weekend...we do the "rendezvous" there every year.) Still, the "lucky ones" might like to know...

That one day class fee is awesome, and probably very doable for those who can make it.

Have fun!!! It looks awesome...

De

Mike H 2009-03-09 8:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by theglasszone (Post 2410611)
Holly Octopus! Is he going to be teaching the fish murrini? (Not that I could make it in my wildest dreams - I'll be meeting my hubby in Vegas that weekend...we do the "rendezvous" there every year.) Still, the "lucky ones" might like to know...

That one day class fee is awesome, and probably very doable for those who can make it.

Have fun!!! It looks awesome...

De

I plan on teaching as much as we can pack into the class. The only limit is up to the students and their imagination . It will be fun!

Diane (clarus) 2009-03-09 9:06am

Hey Quincy, I know how tough it is to take bead photos with all the textures and iridescence, but that photo is pretty good! It shows the intricacies of the bead. The eyes are fabulous in person!

Mike - your work is always awesome. On that last one, is that a bead? It looks like there's a murrini on top, but I can't figure out how you'd do that on a bead with the mandrel in the way......

-Diane

Mike H 2009-03-09 1:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarus (Post 2410901)

Mike - your work is always awesome. On that last one, is that a bead? It looks like there's a murrini on top, but I can't figure out how you'd do that on a bead with the mandrel in the way......

-Diane

Thanks Diane!

Actually, the 1st, 2nd and 4th pieces are wine bottle stoppers and the 3rd is a gearshift knob I made for my Wife.

Diane (clarus) 2009-03-09 2:16pm

Ok, I understand now. A gearshift knob for your wife? How cool is that!

They're all gorgeous.

-Diane

quincyandco 2009-03-09 9:13pm

](*,)Some crazy thing happened and my post didn't post...
Mike will be teaching fish murrini, sea anemones, sea urchins, starfish, eyes, and triple helix seaweed cane. I'm sure there are a few more!!

glasshouse 2009-03-11 1:25pm

Wow Mike, beautiful! I love your fish. And that octopus is amazing!

We sure had a great time making that mask! I love how the crazy eye murrini came out. And the enamels look cool too.

Can't wait to have some more torching fun with you!

Mike H 2009-03-12 3:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasshouse (Post 2414683)
Wow Mike, beautiful! I love your fish. And that octopus is amazing!

We sure had a great time making that mask! I love how the crazy eye murrini came out. And the enamels look cool too.

Can't wait to have some more torching fun with you!

Thanks Kelly!

That was fun. The silver glasses are sure fun to work with and pretty easy to figure out too. I have so many crazy ideas I want to try with those striking and reducing colors in my murrini's. I know why you like the enamels so much...you did that part! It is pretty Cool!
Speaking of murrini's, I just finished my new murrini chopper today, its got a foot pedal and is mounted on a stand. It will cut up to a 3/4" murrini or cane.
I will post it in the studio section when I take some pictures.

glassactcc 2009-03-12 4:28pm

Now MIKE H!!! I do want to see a picture of that. I might have to....um.....COPY you:shock: Just another little project for Vince. I'm sure he won't mind:---)
Oh, and by the way, gimmie that octopus!!! I mean, I really love the octopus and you truly out did yourself. I must learn to be more proper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike H (Post 2416389)
Thanks Kelly!

That was fun. The silver glasses are sure fun to work with and pretty easy to figure out too. I have so many crazy ideas I want to try with those striking and reducing colors in my murrini's. I know why you like the enamels so much...you did that part! It is pretty Cool!
Speaking of murrini's, I just finished my new murrini chopper today, its got a foot pedal and is mounted on a stand. It will cut up to a 3/4" murrini or cane.
I will post it in the studio section when I take some pictures.

Mike H 2009-03-12 5:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by glassactcc (Post 2416464)
Now MIKE H!!! I do want to see a picture of that. I might have to....um.....COPY you:shock: Just another little project for Vince. I'm sure he won't mind:---)
Oh, and by the way, gimmie that octopus!!! I mean, I really love the octopus and you truly out did yourself. I must learn to be more proper.

I will get a pic as soon as Jen gets home from her trip to the coast, she took the camera! The pieces that Vince gave me were perfect, nice and solid and sharpen'd up nicely! Tell him Thanks again!
Sorry but, I sold the Octopus a while ago. That doesn't mean that I won't make another one fer ya...