Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sale Rack (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Implosion Secrets by Ron Bearer Jr (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183218)

Duff Glass 2012-03-07 4:00pm

104coe

I used his tutorial for soft glass too. The steps work the same in both types of glass. Soft glass just implodes faster and you can loose control easier.

Christina

R4GlassStudio 2012-03-08 8:52am

Thanks Christina!

miniuniword - Yes, Rocio and I teach in our studio all the time. We offer one-on-one classes and classes for small groups. PM us anytime for info.
Ron

@miniuniworld 2012-03-08 8:54am

Thanks! I'll PM you! I might need to plan a trip to Florida!

torchgirl 2012-03-12 7:34pm

Floral Implosion Pendant

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you very much for putting this together Ron, very well done and thank you so much for the updates.

Here is my pendant, it's the first one with spiral Cs. It's amazing how wonderful the simple cane works.

What do I need to do to make my flower bigger and fill the frame? I'm making pendants not marbles, I was concerned when I domed rather than rounded the top that that cause the excess clear on edge.

All the best,
Julie

R4GlassStudio 2012-03-13 8:11am

Julie,
Very Nice!
The amount of clear around the flower really comes down to how large the maria "flat disk" is that you start with. Start with a smaller gather on the end of the rod.
*** This goes both ways... there is a version of the implosion that I use a 38mm
rod to make a 2" marble. The pattern is applied normal size on the massive maria. The end result is a small flower in the center of a lot of clear. I need to look for a picture of
one to show....

R4GlassStudio 2012-04-18 6:13am

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I hope you enjoy the fuming implosion section.
Please keep in touch with questions and let me know how your doing!
Ron

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Role 2012-04-19 7:56pm

Tutorial received.

Great production value, really clear and concise.

This will take my sad implosions to a new level.

Thank you.

R4GlassStudio 2012-04-20 4:46am

Role,
Let me know how you do and if you ever have questions, please let me know.
Thanks!
Ron

debb 2012-04-20 7:08am

Ordered mine and waiting excitedly. Will probably be a few more hours yet, it's mid afternoon here in the UK even though its the middle of the night for you guys, sometimes I wish we could all work on one time zone....

SELSEY 2012-05-07 4:56pm

I just ordered mine! I can't wait to get my marble, praying that it is the color combo in post 167, the purple/red/blue. LOVE IT!!!

jhana 2012-05-15 2:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SELSEY (Post 3990666)
I just ordered mine! I can't wait to get my marble, praying that it is the color combo in post 167, the purple/red/blue. LOVE IT!!!

I ordered one and never got a marble.
I think he may not be doing that anymore,
but I wish he was.

ETA-When I originally ordered my tutorial it was during a time where the
marble giveaway promotion was changing.
I thought I was getting a marble because my order was right on
the cusp.
Once I read the entire thread I realized that the deal had transitioned,
and at that point I didn't expect to get one.
Sorry that my original reply was so bitchy and incomplete.
I am not the most elegant communicator at 2:30 am.
As you can imagine, Ron had been swamped with tutorial orders,
and the marble promotion became it's own part-time job (my wording, not his).
I must say, it is an excellent tutorial with totally clear directions, diagrams and recipes.
Thanks for sharing the secrets, Ron.

jhana 2012-06-18 2:47am

I got the marble last week and it is beautiful and inspiring!
Thanks Ron, for going above and beyond.
I appreciate it:)

istandalone24/7 2012-06-18 4:20am

wait, we get a free marble with the tutorial? damn i didn't see that! ;(

btw...to anyone who is "on the fence" about getting this tut....just get it! it's well worth every penny. my flower implosions have improved tenfold.

R4GlassStudio 2012-06-18 5:13am

I did make marbles in the beginning, but the response was much larger than what I could keep up with, so I lowered the price and didn't include the marble anymore.

istandanlone24/7.... Thanks for the comments. My goal was to go beyond teaching a technique, but to really give all the information on why and how implosions work. When someone has complete understanding on how the color is going to move and stretch, many new doors open and the techniques can be taken to endless new directions.

Have fun and please keep in touch!
Ron

istandalone24/7 2012-06-18 5:27am

4 Attachment(s)
i went from making implosions that look like Clown Crap, to this:

not perfect, but for a lampworker who's only been doing this since late February, i'm happy.

R4GlassStudio 2012-06-18 6:08am

Nice colors!

istandalone24/7 2012-06-18 6:11am

thanks!
now i've got a bunch of striking/reducing colors to play with too. should make for interesting flower pedals.

Tripod 2012-08-05 11:36am

Took Ron's Implosion and Galaxy class on Saturday....It was AWESOME...learned so much and Rocio and Ron are the greatest! You learn a lot more than you pay for! Can't wait to get my marble...(even tho I have bubbles)! THANKS for a GREAT day!

Tripod 2012-08-05 11:42am

Ron, do you have a tutorial on the spiral C's? I have your book on implosions/galaxies. Is there an update on spiral C's? If not, I'll see you in one your classes someday if you'll let me know when you're having another class!

R4GlassStudio 2012-08-06 5:34am

Tripod....
Can you send over a picture of which marble your talking about and I would be happy to put together an add on for you.
Thanks!
Ron

PennyLane 2012-08-06 7:46am

Ron is the BEST @ Customer Service, hands down, again and again.

dreambeader 2012-08-07 3:12pm

I just took Ron's Implosion Class, even though I had previously ppurchased his tutorial. I just REALLY need to say that Ron is an awesome teacher. I have been seriously torching for 7 years and in this class I learned little things that are going to greatly improve my creations!
Ron gives you waaaaay more than your money's worth! I highly recommend taking a class with him or at the very least, purchasing his tutorial!

R4GlassStudio 2012-08-08 1:49pm

Thanks Shirley!
I was a fun group! We got a lot done!
Ron

rasglass 2012-08-13 9:15pm

Hi Ron-
Ordered the implosion tut and hoped I'd done so in time for the marble...oh well! Love the tut - wondering how I can get the add-ons...thanks-
Rachel

R4GlassStudio 2012-08-14 4:55am

Hi Rachel,
The tutorial ends with Tube implosions and fuming. If you have that, then you have all the add-ons.
Thanks!
Ron

istandalone24/7 2012-08-14 6:51am

i've a question regarding tubing implosions.....when i first design the implosion on the bubble and then start to melt in and implode the lines....do i keep the same angle i would as with a rod?
maybe i'm using too much heat but when i start to implode, my bubble collapses way too much to get it into a maria shape.

i know your tut covers this...and i have the tut, but for some reason i can't seem to get it down right.

R4GlassStudio 2012-08-14 7:28am

Sending you a pm.
Thanks,
Ron

istandalone24/7 2012-08-14 2:46pm

thanks for clearing that up!

smolder holder 2012-10-11 12:29am

Ron,
I have been trying to get a hold of you privately for days. I purchased this tut on 10-2-12 via paypal and still have not recieved it.....

R4GlassStudio 2012-10-11 6:14am

smolder, did you get it? I sent it same day and sent you two emails since... one with the tutorial and one without.
Let me know.
Ron