Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   The "Painted Rose" Bead Tutorial (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124049)

Ashtonjewels 2009-03-07 6:33pm

The "Painted Rose" Bead Tutorial

My new tutorial, "The Painted Rose Bead" is now available for instant download.

This is a very involved piece of work, so it's best suited for the advanced lampworker. All of the glasses are 104 COE. There are no special tools required.

The file size is 1.19 MB with 16 Pages and 89 graphics.

This tutorial includes a full tutorial for making the bead as well as separate mini tutorials for the roses, leaves and rosebuds.

Should you like to preview the file, please click here.

The tutorial can be found here. The price is $22.00.

Thanks!!

Corey 2009-03-07 6:42pm

:jawdrop: This is definately a must have. My goodness that bead is beautiful!!

Chuckie 2009-03-07 6:47pm

That's just lovely. I may have to break down and buy that tutorial!

Beadbug 2009-03-07 6:48pm

I have been waiting for this tut for some time. I can't wait to get it.

Ashtonjewels 2009-03-07 6:52pm

Thanks ya'll! Ya know, I don't think I quite realized how tough that sucker was to create until I actually started writing it down. If you ladies need a challenge, this one will certainly give you that and more. lol

Jane P 2009-03-07 7:02pm

I've got it - whoopee! Thanks so much Lydia for sharing such a wonderful "piece of yourself". I have been practising roses all day, but it looks like this is a completely different way than I have been doing it - and much more realistic. I can't wait for tomorrow so I can get on the torch again.
Thanks again.

theglasszone 2009-03-07 7:05pm

Wow, Lydia!

How absolutely gorgeous!!! :) I love it! Quick question: Is the bead shown above "etched"? It looks like it - so soft and muted!

Thanks for offering such a lovely tut! I hope a thread will start with results, too...I wanna see what everyone does with this one!

De

Ashtonjewels 2009-03-07 7:21pm

Thank you Jane! I'm so glad that you like it and I really hope you enjoy it!

De, thanks! Yes, it's etched.

Here's a picture of what it looked like before it was etched. . .

mewsicmama 2009-03-07 7:41pm

Absolutely gorgeous. I am looking forward to the day when I have enough knowledge and PPP under my belt to try something like this!

LisaF 2009-03-07 7:58pm

Lydia,
I just got the tutorial and have read through it. It is fantastic!
Thank you for sharing your expertise!

Beadbug 2009-03-07 8:01pm

I got it, I read it and have to say WWWWOOOOOOW. I have many tutorials, all tell you what to do but only a handful share the why of it. I am a why of it kinda girl, everything you learn can be used for something else if you know the why. I appreciate how you broke down each step so it could be practiced separately until it is mastered and then go on to the next section.

Thank-you for all your hard work and great photography. The photos are just the right size to get the point across and well numbered so the instructions are easy to follow. I can't wait to try this tomorrow.

Ashtonjewels 2009-03-07 8:30pm

Thank you Shari!

Lisa, thank you too. I hope you enjoy it!

Tracy, I am so thrilled that you like having the "why" info. I too am a "why" kind of gal. I hear that is a common "right brain" trait. lol Hope you enjoy yourself tomorrow and thank you!

Doolollies 2009-03-07 8:47pm

I think that is pure and simply one of the most beautiful beads I have ever seen.

Linda

Ashtonjewels 2009-03-07 8:52pm

Thank you Linda!!

theglasszone 2009-03-07 9:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashtonjewels (Post 2409068)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashtonjewels (Post 2409110)
...De, thanks! Yes, it's etched. Here's a picture of what it looked like before it was etched. . .

Thank you Lydia!!! Just for comparison, I'm posting them side by side here. I'm always chicken to etch something - for fear of messing it up! This really highlights the soft beauty that can amazingly enhance a bead with etching!

Just gorgeous!!!

De

Carolyn M 2009-03-07 9:43pm

Got it. Now I will have to control my ADD and try to make a two hour bead. Holy crap!

Carmen Isaacs 2009-03-07 11:05pm

Lydia your bead is spectacular! I just can't resist buying your tutorials.

Ellen Black 2009-03-07 11:38pm

Beautiful !

Over the Moon 2009-03-08 5:00am

Gorgeous ~ as always, and a totally awesome tut!

Ashtonjewels 2009-03-08 6:00am

Thanks so much! I hope you all enjoy it!

KAS 2009-03-08 7:45am

Hi Lydia! Beautiful roses beads! Question: in order to make these beads, will we have to purchase lots of supplies (brushes, enamels, whatever) or are they made using just the "usual" glass and supplies that we probably already have? Thank you! Kathleen (KAS)

Carolyn M 2009-03-08 8:05am

Kathleen, in Lydia's first post you can get a preview of the tut which tells you everything you will need and the level of expertise needed (advanced)

dla 2009-03-08 8:19am

That is one stunning bead ! Gorgeous ! And the preview is wonderful ! I'm sitting on my hands now ! lol ! :-\"

Rose Leslie 2009-03-08 8:56am

OMG! Now you have done it. Please have them for a little while. I want one. Just have to wait for payday. Damn that is far away. Please keep this one around. I love it and love roses. So this is a must have. Beautiful.

xiola blue 2009-03-08 9:13am

This stunning tutorial is more than I had dreamed it would be! Thank you, Lydia, for giving so much of yourself to us. The bead in the tutorial is a work of art, and should inspire anyone who tries it to stretch and expand their skills!

I love it when the medium of glass dances with painting, composition, color theory and gives us something akin to what "The Painted Rose" offers! This is the kind of tutorial that will push me beyond what I have done thus far...SO exciting! xiola

Thus far...

Meow Meow Beads 2009-03-08 10:44am

1 Attachment(s)
WOW this is awesome!!!! Cant wait to try it!!!! Going out there now!
Thank you Lydia!!!!

LisaF 2009-03-08 2:01pm

Xiola - Gorgeous!!

theglasszone 2009-03-08 3:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiola blue (Post 2409610)
...This is the kind of tutorial that will push me beyond what I have done thus far...SO exciting! xiola Thus far...

Wow, gorgeous! Can I pick your brain a bit? How long have you been lampworking? And what kind of step up (torch, oxy, oxycon) do you have? Just wondering how different equipment may impact the success level of this bead...

Thanks for sharing! It looks fabulous!

De

Troll Lover 2009-03-08 3:31pm

Thanks Lydia, this tut is a must have. I will be ordering one soon!

dgg112 2009-03-08 5:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by theglasszone (Post 2410018)
Wow, gorgeous! Can I pick your brain a bit? How long have you been lampworking? And what kind of step up (torch, oxy, oxycon) do you have? Just wondering how different equipment may impact the success level of this bead...

Thanks for sharing! It looks fabulous!

De

Yeah what DeAnne said!! lol I'm so floral challenged it's pathetic!!!! lol Seems in the cobwebs of my mind, you're one of "those" people who make pretty flowers!!!!