Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Buy kevan's tut on pics (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170762)

Jaterwunky 2010-08-04 5:01pm

Buy kevan's tut on pics

JUST SAYING I WISH I DID IT YEARS AGO... IF YOUR NOT COMPUTER OR PIC SAVY.... BEST INVESTMENT YOU CAN MAKE FOR YOURSELF....
JUST GOTTA GIVE KEVAN A SHOUTOUT.....

IT ROCKS..

BEFORE TUT:wtf:

AFTER TUT=;=;

Kevan 2010-08-04 5:23pm

Check's in the mail.lol

Thanks. I'm glad I could help.

lampworker1 2010-08-04 6:21pm

I think I need it. How many pages is your tutorial Kevan?
thanks
Anna

*Naos* 2010-08-05 1:10pm

Deb, did your before and after pics disappear?

Kevan 2010-08-05 1:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampworker1 (Post 3149035)
I think I need it. How many pages is your tutorial Kevan?
thanks
Anna

It's 70 pages with over 100 photos and diagrams.

Reenie 2010-08-05 1:26pm

Kevan is it possible to let us know what it covers?
I just got a photo tent but the lights aren't that bright. I'm liking it but my pictures are still blurry half of the time and the rest of the time boring. I'm always adding a layer and painting that white so that I get a whiter background. I can set a white balance on my camera but my son has an awesome camera and I can't figure out how to do that.
I'm also running Photoship CS3
Thanks!

Kevan 2010-08-05 1:36pm

I covers how I take photos, Reenie. I explain how you can take good photos without a fancy set up, how to use your camera to get the best out of it and how to correct the photos to make the bead in your photo look like the bead you are taking a photo of.

What kind of camera does you son have? You know, when you have a question about how to do something you can try Goggling it. Just Google the question, someone else has asked it before on a forum somewhere. "How set white balance Nikon D50" and you will get pages of people asking the same question. There are are no new questions.;-)

Reenie 2010-08-05 1:46pm

I've got a Canon G6. They don't make those anymore and Kevin has a Canon Rebel EOS and he's also got a Sony somewhere.

Kevan 2010-08-05 2:09pm

http://ir.webphotoschool.com/Canon_E...ors/index.html

Jaterwunky 2010-08-05 2:09pm

I didn't post before and after.. Partly because i have only played a little on the after.... But the ones i did i came out jumping... Huge difference.....
Trust me on this one....
I don't endorse much but this one is sooo worth it...

merigypsy 2010-08-05 2:28pm

This tutorial helped me SO much and in so many ways!

skippystretch 2010-08-06 5:56am

OK, just bought mine, can't wait to review, I sure it will improve my photography skills.

Thanks Kevan

Val

Terryd 2010-08-06 9:46am

It is a great tutorial! Well thought out, laid out and tons of good info.

skippystretch 2010-08-06 4:59pm

Well done, love it so far, will put myself to the test this weekend.

Thanks

Val

Donna T. 2010-08-06 7:33pm

Definitely worth buying. It made a huge difference in my photos. I still refer back to it occasionally.

Kevan 2010-08-06 7:37pm

Thanks! If you have any questions just PM me.:-)

dragonfly designs 56 2010-08-06 10:56pm

question?

the only reason I havent purchased it, was I assumed a ton of the info was about photoshop, and I dont have it. My pics are horrid. I even have a good camera.

Kevan 2010-08-07 1:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyhorton (Post 3152361)
the only reason I havent purchased it, was I assumed a ton of the info was about photoshop, and I dont have it. My pics are horrid. I even have a good camera.

Kelly, do you use a photo editing program? You can download GIMP for free and it does pretty much everything Photoshop does. It certainly does everything I show how to do in the tut. Or Photoshop Elements.

You absolutely have to use a photo editing program. No one uses photos straight off their camera. Someone MIGHT, but they would be the odd ones out. At the very least you have to crop and brighten your photos.

Reenie 2010-08-07 2:26am

What happens if you DO use photoshop and not only do i crop but i also use levels and grab the white thingy and click or I use the slider. Will i still benefit?
I need background stuff for my pieces to sit on. They look so bare there alone in the picture but is that what people want???
I'd love the tutorial but I just want to make sure it's not photoshop 101 or anything like that...Sorry for all the questions

ElementalsDesign 2010-08-07 3:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reenie (Post 3150254)
I've got a Canon G6. They don't make those anymore and Kevin has a Canon Rebel EOS and he's also got a Sony somewhere.

Reenie..

Kevan is being FAR too humble about her tute.. it is absolutely spot on the answer to most of the questions you've just posted.

She's right (and honest and fair) in saying that you can get those questions answered by googling and searching the internet.. HOWEVER.. her tutorial is extraordinary!

Aside from being one of the most gorgeous tutorials I have ever seen... the pictures are amazing.. the explanations are clear, basic and very easy to understand.. (let's just say I had a lot of "oh, duh!" moments while I was reading it but I'd have never had them without it!).

Worth every penny!

Specifically covers lighting, cameras and how to use Photoshop to spiff things up a bit in every way.

It's 'da bomb'! \\:D/

~Rachel Cat

Reenie 2010-08-07 10:22am

Thanks Rachel. That's the kicker. I think I'm going to get it now :-) Keep an eye on your email Kevan. I plan on taking pictures today!!!! :-)

Reenie 2010-08-07 4:36pm

Got mine. Hopefully Kevan will see it before tonight :-) Hint! Hint!

Leslie Dana 2010-08-07 8:00pm

All Kevan's tuts rock :)

Curly Irish Girl 2010-08-07 8:13pm

I got my "Kevan Takes A Picture" tut about a year ago....it's great! I love having the CD....loads of info....and Kevan is being FAR to humble about the content. She explains in real people words....none of that F-stop stuff!!! It's one of the best things I've ever purchased....besides a new torch!

Kevan 2010-08-08 12:13am

Geez, thanks Rachel and Lynn and Terry and Meri and Leslie.

I'm so happy it's helping people.

Reenie 2010-08-08 2:29am

thanks Kevan. I'll let you know if I have much luck!!! I hate camera's. Used to like the old fashioned one's but the digital...I just plain suck!

Reenie 2010-08-12 12:34am

Here's a couple

The first of each set has been untouched. It actually came out brighter then ever.
The tut was great. I'm pretty much used to Photoshop and all the tricks but it was the camera focus and speed I think that I was having problems with so it was nice to have something that covered it. I've used the macro before but never knew exactly what it did. It still needs work but it's much better then before!
Thanks Kevan!!!
Untouched 1

Touched up 1

Untouched 2

Touched up 2

bshelle 2010-08-12 7:03am

Those look nice! Touched up 2 is really good. Can you increase the depth of field to get the beads on the far right in focus? I'm still trying to figure out the limits of that function for myself. Bought the tut, am still playing around with it.

mtnglass 2010-08-16 2:32pm

DH says the reason I get in so many treasuries on etsy is because of his outstanding photography skills - thanks to Kevan's CD. He's right. It's not my artistic ability since most of the treasuries feature plain spacers.

Kevan 2010-08-17 12:03am

I'm so glad it's helped you Julie!

Renee that bottom one looks much better. Sets are harder because of the depth of field problem.