Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Help! What orange is this?? (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281705)

Shelle 2015-09-17 7:43pm

Help! What orange is this??

1 Attachment(s)
Quite awhile ago, I bought a box of shorts which I used for a couple of months and then stuck under a shelf and just recently ran across.

I decided to play with some of the glass to see if I could shake loose some new ideas - you know, new colors = new ideas... No new ideas, but this one particular orange had a great effect when black stringer was added!!

I really want more of this orange, but I don't have a clue what it might have been. It melted very smoothly and was great to work with.

Here is the finished bead - any suggestions welcomed! I might guess some shade of Effetre. The rod was a lot thinner than my CiM rods typically are and it didn't shock nearly as much a Vetrofond - but that's just a guess.

Thanks!!

artwhim 2015-09-17 8:13pm

The orange version of Poppy? Any chance you have a short of the short?

Ravenesque 2015-09-17 10:44pm

Looks like one of the 598,008,530 versions of coral

Shelle 2015-09-18 7:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by artwhim (Post 4790402)
The orange version of Poppy? Any chance you have a short of the short?

Not a speck of it left :-( I knew this was a long shot, but thought maybe someone might recognize it from the way it worked with the black... Otherwise it's hard to tell one color from another after it's been used - especially from just a picture.
Maybe I'll try to find some Poppy and play with that and see if I can get this reaction again. I really, really love the way the black spider-webbed (is that a word?) across the base color!
Thanks!!

volkanokaren 2015-09-18 7:38am

I was thinking poppy too.

Karen

ripzzl

Three Muses Glass 2015-09-18 8:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenesque (Post 4790420)
Looks like one of the 598,008,530 versions of coral

I agree with this. Poppy was just one of them. A nice one, but I wouldn't go crazy trying to find it. Regular (if there is such a thing) coral will work too.
Pretty bead. :)

echeveria 2015-09-18 8:57am

I think the coral available right now is more red but if that is intense black it should still web.

Shelle 2015-09-18 2:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by echeveria (Post 4790453)
I think the coral available right now is more red but if that is intense black it should still web.

Ooh! It was intense black! It never dawned on my that it might have been the black reacting like that rather than the orange! Thank you Kathy!!

Shelle 2015-09-18 2:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass (Post 4790452)
I agree with this. Poppy was just one of them. A nice one, but I wouldn't go crazy trying to find it. Regular (if there is such a thing) coral will work too.
Pretty bead. :)

Thanks Rebecca :-)

I'm going to try my normal coral with intense black and see if I can get it to happen again!

Croft Eeusk 2015-09-18 6:34pm

1 Attachment(s)
If you like I can send you some unlabeled coral, my experiments w/4 of them below, so you can play w/it. It's gorgeous w/silver foil BTW.

Attachment 156572

dj

cherylsart 2015-09-25 7:59am

Howaco Glass sells single rods of Moretti and CiM, you might try getting an assortment of corals and orange and see if you can find it that way. It's only one rod of each so it's a good way to search for an unknown color.