Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boro Room (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Boro Gallery (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19198)

e. mort 2006-04-12 7:35am

Boro Gallery

1 Attachment(s)
Let's see your stuff!

I will start it out. Here is a Vortex pendant that I did yesterday that I really like. It is 1 1/8" in diameter. I used GA Aqua Azul, NS Hyacinth, and NS Skyline and fumed them with gold for the vortex before covering the back with NS Ninja.

Comments are welcome.

Eric

Cosmo 2006-04-12 7:37am

1 Attachment(s)
I made something very similar the other day. Mine is GA Sno White backed with Cobalt 6. What is that old saying about great minds?

dogmaw 2006-04-12 8:03am

Hey guys, how bout a small tutorial for the vortex? Your look so great! I feel like an idiot, but I keep trying different things to get that look that I "think" will work (using the word think loosely) and I keep ending up with crummy wobbly looking things, not nice spirals. :(

e. mort 2006-04-12 8:04am

Well, I gotta confess here. Mine started out as a marble, but then I realized that it was time to pick up the kids from school, so I turned it into a pendant instead.

Your Sno White looks great. My rod of that seems to be full of bubbles. What a pain.

Eric

Cosmo 2006-04-12 8:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogmaw
Hey guys, how bout a small tutorial for the vortex? Your look so great! I feel like an idiot, but I keep trying different things to get that look that I "think" will work (using the word think loosely) and I keep ending up with crummy wobbly looking things, not nice spirals. :(

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14966

Basically the same thing, but instead of covering the cone with clear, I just add more color and compress it.

Aren't you coming to Brent's class in Asheville? If you're still having trouble, I'll show you.

e. mort 2006-04-12 8:24am

[quote=CosmoBasically the same thing, but instead of covering the cone with clear, I just add more color and compress it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, what he said!

Eric

dogmaw 2006-04-12 8:25am

Thanks Chad, that tutorial helps bunches. I've been heating and layering entirely wrong. :rolleyes: I'll be at Smiley's second class.

Ro 2006-04-13 6:55am

some pics, i re took some photos with new lighting

5 Attachment(s)
sorry if i posted same pics before.
ro

Ro 2006-04-13 7:06am

pics

5 Attachment(s)
some old work some newer
ro

Ro 2006-04-13 7:19am

more pics

4 Attachment(s)
took me forever to get implosions to work , key is heat slow at edge of disc, the more you melt in each row of color before adding the next the more separated the petals will be. its funny once i figured it out i havent really made any these are some of my first somewhat successful attempts.
ro

boroburner 2006-04-13 7:34am

3 Attachment(s)
heres an old piece. I made it about 3 mos ago. Just shy of 1 kg, about 13" tall. Mostly hollow.
I like your fish Ro.
B

Cosmo 2006-04-13 7:51am

Hey Ro,

You're not this Ro, are you?

http://www.glasschefstudio.com/Purser.html

e. mort 2006-04-13 8:00am

Dang Chad, I thought I had something new with my heart implosion, and now I see it has already been done. Darn, Darn, Darn......oh well, back to the drawing board. :lol:

Eric

Ro 2006-04-13 11:08am

no thats not me Im Rosanne Palumbo web is www.rosglassworld.com
great turtles and i love the stingray, have to try one of those. ive been playing with other aquatics, mermaids are a bit wierd still. have to play more.
thanks for the comment.
ro:)

Cosmo 2006-04-13 11:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro
no thats not me Im Rosanne Palumbo web is www.rosglassworld.com
great turtles and i love the stingray, have to try one of those. ive been playing with other aquatics, mermaids are a bit wierd still. have to play more.
thanks for the comment.
ro:)

I gotcha. I love that glass chain on your site. Any chance of you doing another one?

boroburner 2006-04-13 6:05pm

Thx. Its the only stingray ive ever made. His eyes had "personality".
Making underwater scenes is fun, theres just so much color and texture possablities.
Ive seen ur ship on glassartists I think.. I like it. Is it a bottle?
B

Ro 2006-04-14 5:55am

chain/bottle

5 Attachment(s)
yes i will be making more chains, i run through cycles of doing different things, just ending one of vessels, kiln is almost full and my shoulders need a break from tubing ill post when new chains are available. ship out of a bottle is a a recycled beer bottle brought to temp in kiln grabbed with steel punti, mast and oars are from another bottle i smashed and worked cold, mast and flags are tissue paper, white glue and acrylic paint, oarlocks are soldered copper wire and sheet and glued on, deck is old shim stock singed with a lighter.

Ro 2006-04-14 6:02am

original ship

2 Attachment(s)
three total, this one, my first, larger above and sail boat. the larger ship above i just entered at the art league of long island for their art of gleaning (recylcing) juried show, fingers crossed!
ro

boroburner 2006-04-14 6:26am

You'd have my vote. These are too cool and there recycled!!! the best part.
B

HardwoodTrailGlass 2006-04-14 6:35am

Damn, my itty bitty stuff looks pale in comparison next to you guys. 8-[
You ROCK!!!

boroburner 2006-04-14 6:53am

2 Attachment(s)
My R2 unit self destructed:???:
Try try again......
B

Ro 2006-04-15 7:04am

r2/old work

1 Attachment(s)
oh wow, r2 is my favorite, too cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is one of my first dragons, first in color i think from 04? just stole it from my brother to take a pic its pretty wonky, ill have to try another.
ro

Ro 2006-04-15 7:07am

other view

1 Attachment(s)
other view of dragon
ro

boroburner 2006-04-15 10:58am

sweet! Ive never managed to make a decent dragon. there tough.
keep up the good work.
B

dogmaw 2006-04-15 11:18am

I like the scales, especially at the base of the tail.

Curly Irish Girl 2006-04-19 5:34pm

First Attempts At Pendants...and a few beads

I've got a LONG way to go, but I'm feeling pretty good about the colors....now if I could just figure out that punty transfer thing!!! Posted these in Thursday S&T....but wanted some reactions from the boro world, too! These were all made with GA base and Paula's frits - Caught By The Teal, Amber Mist and Red Gone To Heaven. www.thevenerable-bead.com

boroburner 2006-04-19 6:32pm

those look really nice. Looks like youve got striking figured out .
B

Curly Irish Girl 2006-04-19 6:50pm

It's getting there....but still a distance to go!

e. mort 2006-04-20 7:20am

1 Attachment(s)
After considering Lynn's comment regarding pastels, here is my latest attempt to actually make nice pastel colors...on purpose. :lol: The oranges are actually more pink than they are showing.

Eric

boroburner 2006-04-20 10:25am

NIce. Is it elvis and agua, maybe a lil amber/purp? Nice colors.
B