Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beads of Courage (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Beads going on Space Shuttle Endeavor..... (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188483)

LoriGreenberg 2011-03-01 8:12am

Beads going on Space Shuttle Endeavor.....

Hi everyone....The moment you have all been waiting for...

Here are the artists who have beads who will be going on the NASA launch, Shuttle Endeavour on April 19 and helping to bring enCOURAGEment to our over 15,000 kids from over 91 hospitals now:

Marcy Lamberson
Terry Fout (4)
Cathy Lybarger
Kristina Floyd (3)
Shelley Batch-Morren (2)
Robert Simmons (2)
Shannon Vickers
Laurie Ament
Cori Ruszkowski
Chris Mode
Jeannie Cox
JC Herrell
Emiko Sawamoto
Lara Lutrick
Lee Woodburn
Jeri Warhaftig
Julie Levitt
Diana Rast
Don Meadows
Deborah Sims
Michelle Jensen
Ginny Sycurro
Judy Carlson
Kris Schaible
Candice Kind-Palgut
Dawn Ceccacci
Dee (Madai) Frey
Michelle Pearson
Kristy Nijenkamp
Laura Bowker
Kristen Higgenbotham
Nick Shook

Congratulations to all! And thank you for your great work that truly does help kids know that we are pulling for them and thinking of them!

(I will be sending out personal emails later today).

Lara 2011-03-01 8:21am

YAY, I'm so excited! Congrats everyone!

bshelle 2011-03-01 8:21am

Yay yay yay yay!!!! Congrats to everyone!!!

Mustang Dawn 2011-03-01 8:25am

I'm So EXCITED! Congratulations Everyone!

glassbead 2011-03-01 8:26am

My name is on the list! You don't know how happy this makes me! My dad was a NASA engineer- my bead on the shuttle is dedicated to him- also to my mother, whose birthday falls the day after the shuttle launches. XO to my Dad and Mom!

Marcy 2011-03-01 8:43am

How exciting. Congratulations to all!

orion 2011-03-01 8:50am

I am truly honored. Congrats to everyone!!

themode 2011-03-01 9:07am

Yay!! I can't wait to see them all in person some day!

RSimmons 2011-03-01 9:13am

I'm one very happy space geek this morning!

Robert

Polgarra 2011-03-01 9:14am

Congrats to all of you!! Such great work

KristyN 2011-03-01 9:14am

Ooh, Happy Dance...so much fun. Can you imagine the kids (especially the boys!) when they get a spacey bead that was REALLY IN SPACE! Cool.

-Kristy

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BellaBean 2011-03-01 9:22am

Woohoo! I'm so excited! Congrats everyone!

Gardengirl 2011-03-01 9:22am

OMG!!!! The one picked must've been the one that I didn't photograph...lol. I am so lucky to have earned a spot among all of the amazing beads to be chosen for this!! All of the beads I've seen have been over the top AMAZING!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I am so honored to be a part of this!!! Congratulations to everyone who's going up into space! Thank you Lori and all of the judges. Thank you to BOC and NASA. Thanks to all the beadmakers who donated to this and BOC -- my fellow beadmakers are the most awesome people. I'll shut up now because this is sounding like an Oscar speech ;P
I may have to go down there and watch the launch now!! :D

patienthand 2011-03-01 9:51am

I am so freaking excited!!!!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO.. I was beginning to panic as I read the list, but I got one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone.. I need to call Terri and let her know

Candice

JCHerrellGlass 2011-03-01 9:57am

Thank you! I can't wait to tell Mom & Dad!

patienthand 2011-03-01 10:06am

Terri was on the monorail at disney when I called.. I told her I had bad news.... she only had 4 beads going.. She was flipping....she doesnt have net access till she returns home, she is going to call me back when she can hear better... but I could hear her husband in the background being happy

I called hubby at work, he will be taking the day off to go watch the launch with me. I can see it from my ront yard in Orlando, but I want to be MUCH closer for this launch, and I am gonna scream my fool head off!!!!!

Candice

ShanAV 2011-03-01 10:20am

Wow

Just wow! Congrats to everyone!\\:D/

Jeri 2011-03-01 10:21am

I am so happy, honored and excited to have a bead selected!! BOC is such a valuable charity and helps so many people, I really appreciate this opportunity to participate in this small way.

Gardengirl 2011-03-01 10:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by patienthand (Post 3424736)
I called hubby at work, he will be taking the day off to go watch the launch with me. I can see it from my ront yard in Orlando, but I want to be MUCH closer for this launch, and I am gonna scream my fool head off!!!!!

Candice

OH!! Please take pictures for us!! I am going to try to get down there, but we'll see. I would love to have pics of this :D

patienthand 2011-03-01 10:37am

Terri has a pass for the Nasa facility that day, she will be in a better spot than me for the pics, but you can bet I will be taking some.

LoriGreenberg 2011-03-01 10:45am

I didn't even have beads on the shuttle last time and wasn't at the launch but I cannot explain how emotional I felt knowing that I had an interest in something on it, while watching it blast off.

Hold on to your hats people...you are in for quite an experience in the next few months.

We send out press releases in your hometown areas and nationally. You may have a chance to be on tv or written up. If you are savvy in this way, please feel free to contact local sources. Please remember...these beads will not go directly to children. Nothing that goes on a shuttle flight is approved for distribution to individuals or companies. These beads will travel in an exhibit upon return and most likely end up in a museum.

BOC children will receive a custom commemorative BOC pewter shuttle bead and a poster, or other item, with pictures of the beads in space. All 15,000 kids! The astronauts on this launch are part of TEAM Beads of Courage where athletes/others carry beads on behalf of our kids, during their training, competitions or missions.

offonatangentbeads 2011-03-01 10:47am

Congratulations to all the artists! I'm so excited to be included with such a group of talented people; and to be involved in such a good cause! xoxoxo!

Fine Folly Glassworks 2011-03-01 10:54am

Gosh how exciting! Congrats to you all! What a happy day!

Kris Schaible 2011-03-01 11:05am

Oh my gosh.... how totally awesome....congratulations to everyone.... we have decided to go to the launch this time.....

jujeebeads 2011-03-01 11:16am

YA HOOOO!

When I saw my name on list, I giggled, then immediately teared up! I can't express how much this entire mission means to me, for both BOC and personally.

Congrats to everyone! And DEE, very excited for you! \\:D/

Cheers~
Judy :waving:

orion 2011-03-01 11:18am

Lori, what an amazing program.

orion 2011-03-01 11:19am

Thanks Judy :). Congrats to you too!!! My eyes are still teary!!

LauraBowker 2011-03-01 11:56am

I am so happy to have one of mine included. Congratulations Everyone!

Gardengirl 2011-03-01 1:23pm

Lori,
Thanks so much for telling us what happens with the beads! I was wondering where they would go from space, but I did think to the kids.
This is so exciting and I was wondering if it was a little weird of me to feel a bit emotional about this, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. What a thing to be a part of!!! Our local hospital pediatric oncology ward participates in this -- I'm hoping it is actually BOC and not their own program, because this may draw more attention BOC here in the Detroit area :D

Marcy 2011-03-01 1:32pm

I have to tell you, that I am so excited about the list...but there is one that I'm thinking you don't know...Nick Shook is my 16 year old student and he designed and made beads in class one day so they could be submitted. He is a really good kid and in one hour, he will come over for a lesson and I get to tell him the news. I can't wait to see his expression.