Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Customer Service Kiosk (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Soda Lime Times II (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249022)

PixieFireBeads 2013-07-24 8:18pm

Soda Lime Times II

I've been a subscriber of Soda Lime Times for like almost forever. I'm embarrassed to admit that I thought being a subscriber meant that if I let them put their junk in my mailbox I'd get $2 of on issues I wanted to buy. Don't ask me to explain why I thought it worked that way, I've told you all numerous times what a fuktard I can be, you just have to take my word for it.

Anyway, I got a little knot in my panties and sent Diane a snippy note. Now if I were Diane, I would have probably responded to me with a blow-it-out-your-butt kind of reply. But is that what Diane did? Oh no! Instead, that lady delivered stellar customer service, explained way more then she ever needed to and sent me links to all the stuff I had subscribed to but never downloaded.

I am in eye candy heaven and tutorial paradise. Thank you, Diane, for setting me straight!

glassymom 2013-07-24 8:52pm

Diane is SUCH a sweet and awesome person!!!
I'm so glad you were able to figure this out and get the issues you missed cause it is one heck of a magazine SO full of amazing eye candy and wonderful tutorials!!
sue

KJohn 2013-07-25 3:36pm

Hahaha, it's okay! Glad you got that worked out. I've been thinking about a subscription as well. Good stuff.

woozles 2013-07-25 5:54pm

Yes!! diane is excellent at customer service! I realized at one point that I had subscribed twice and was having the payment deducted 2x a month. I know it was most likely my fault andf admitted that to her. I unsubcscribed and then asked her help in figuring out out to straighten it out. She immediately fixed the problem and gave me a refund on the overpayment!

SGA 2013-07-25 6:37pm

I was looking through my PDF's on the iPad last night and counted only 13 issues. I've been a subscriber since the very first August issue. So now I'm just utterly confused where they went.

I know Diane will send you lost files, but I haven't set down and looked to see which are missing, and if I'm asking for 10+, that is just a bit much more than "oh, gee I lost an issue, can I get a resend?"

But I know she would if I asked. :D

dalilly 2013-07-25 7:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGA (Post 4368297)
I was looking through my PDF's on the iPad last night and counted only 13 issues. I've been a subscriber since the very first August issue. So now I'm just utterly confused where they went.

I know Diane will send you lost files, but I haven't set down and looked to see which are missing, and if I'm asking for 10+, that is just a bit much more than "oh, gee I lost an issue, can I get a resend?"

I know how you feel about asking. Diane has replaced lost issues when my computer crashed. I am now on my third computer (don't ask) and no way am I going to ask for a third shot. Although, like you stated, Diane would probably do it. At some point I just need to own up to the computer glitch being more owner defect than anything else. :wink:

mz glitz 2013-07-26 8:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalilly (Post 4368316)
I know how you feel about asking. Diane has replaced lost issues when my computer crashed. I am now on my third computer (don't ask) and no way am I going to ask for a third shot. Although, like you stated, Diane would probably do it. At some point I just need to own up to the computer glitch being more owner defect than anything else. :wink:

I bought flash drive to back up my tutorial and soda lime books on so I can't lose them.

PennyLane 2013-07-26 8:31am

Wishing there was a "Love" button to click on. I had the pleasure of meeting this young lady, Diane, and her sister, Becky, last Fall, what a Hoot and great time I had.

Emily 2013-08-02 3:04pm

I can't manage to get my iPad to save Soda Lime Times issues. How are you doing it?

beadmama 2013-08-02 3:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily (Post 4373639)
I can't manage to get my iPad to save Soda Lime Times issues. How are you doing it?

Use the iBooks application

When you open the PDF file, tap the right corner and open in iBooks it will keep them in a library for you.

I also burn mine to a CD rom.

Becky

Diane Woodall 2013-08-02 3:34pm

Thanks everyone for the wonderful words about our customer service. We really do love our readers! If you ever discover that you are missing issues you paid for PLEASE email me. It takes me just a few seconds to send you the links. We want you to have what you paid for and are always here to help.

Pixiefirebeads, I am so happy I was able to help you! Hope you are enjoying all of the issues. :)

SGA 2013-08-02 4:56pm

Hi Diane, I sent you a response.

I was very happy to discover on my desktop, there were majority lurking. I just had to do a search for PDF files. AND!!! bonus July 2011 file. I thought you started in August.

So I'm missing six. It's going to be like Christmas again, rereading things I haven't seen in a year and half.

Diane Woodall 2013-08-02 6:34pm

That is such good news. I'll send those over to you as soon as I have your email address.

We did actually start the paid issues in August, 2011. Our July 2011 issue was a free issue we gave away that first year, but we replaced it with the Greatest Hits issue later on. As the magazine improved we wanted people to see the "new and improved" SLT. :)

marla0416 2013-08-02 7:26pm

I love this magazine. The online part screws me up every month. I can't seem to remember from month to month how I save this fantastic information. High tech mags. LOL! This is one of 4 online mags I subscribe to.

Reenie 2013-08-03 9:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGA (Post 4368297)

She would and she did for me. I have no idea how many I lost but got them all again. Now I save everything once downloaded to an external hard drive and label them by year and month. Finally getting organized lol.

Emily 2013-08-03 1:24pm

Thanks! I'll try that.

marla0416 2013-08-05 1:34pm

Me too. That way I can use on my pad when I travel. My screen freezes when I try to save them. Other times I have no problem. Don't know what I do that's different!

Reenie 2013-10-16 9:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diane Woodall (Post 4373654)
Thanks everyone for the wonderful words about our customer service. We really do love our readers! If you ever discover that you are missing issues you paid for PLEASE email me. It takes me just a few seconds to send you the links. We want you to have what you paid for and are always here to help.

Pixiefirebeads, I am so happy I was able to help you! Hope you are enjoying all of the issues. :)

I've actually asked Diane for missing issues and was sent them. Can I ask this? How many issues are there? When did it start? I had to buy another computer and I have some on my laptop and some one here but I want to put them all in a Soda Times folder and back it up to my external drive. Just know it's going to be a lot of work lol.

Robinj 2013-10-16 11:47am

I've had to ask for missing issues more than once. Diane has always been very responsive and nice about it! Don't hesitate to ask her if you need info or help!

Robinj 2013-10-16 11:49am

I think I have all of the issues -- I have 27, back to July 2011.

Diane Woodall 2013-10-16 12:09pm

Hi Reenie, Our first issue was published in July 2011 and given away as a freebie so folks could see what the magazine was like before subscribing, but we retired that issue and replaced it with the Greatest hits issue in 2012. So the paid issues started in Aug. 2011.

We have all of our back issues on our website in two places. For non-subscribers the link to the back issues is on our home page. They are $6.95 each. For our subscribers just log in so you are directed to the subscriber's page and there is a link for back issue on that page. The cost for subscribers is $4.95 per issue, same as the magazine.

We also have the new tutorial bundles that contain just the tutorials from 2011 and 2012 for those who don't want to get the entire magazine or for subscribers who want the convenience of having their tutorials together. Again, we sell them to non-subscribers on the home page and at a discounted price to non-subscribers from the subscriber's page once you log in.

A third option is that I sell the back issues in my Etsy store at
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and I will shortly be listing the tutorial bundles there as well. The benefit to buying them on Etsy is that I sell bundles at a discount and you can pay with a credit card via instant check-out.

So we try and offer a lot of options for anyone interested in the magazine. Thanks so much for all of the kind words here. We honestly have the best jobs in the world!

Reenie 2013-10-16 10:51pm

thanks Diane. I am at this moment going through what's on my laptop and looks like I pretty much organized it. I have 2011 and found all the way to May 2013. I noticed today that I had the freebie one as well in july. So now off to look for June-Novemeber which should be somewhere on here or on big computer. YEA!!!! Then to back them up. I am so organized and have about a terabyte of info to go through and organize. That should kee me busy all next year ;-)

Reenie 2013-10-16 10:52pm

I meant unorganized lol. Organized? Not in this lifetime!

Diane Woodall 2013-10-17 10:55am

Reenie, I'm always happy to replace lost links for back issues, so if it will save you time just drop me an email and I can send them in a flash.

I happen to know the gal in customer service. he he