Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boro Room (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Help with color please? (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259096)

anxious1 2014-01-20 8:10pm

Help with color please?

Trying to define what color this bead might be? I believe it is Momka but not sure which color and any help is appreciated.

istandalone24/7 2014-01-21 9:13am

purple haze? are you sure that's boro?

demcc2 2014-01-21 9:28am

I'm not too familiar with boro but might not be a momka color. Maybe an Amber purple or Double Amber purple by NS or maybe even one of the Mai Tai's by TAG?

Duane

anxious1 2014-01-21 9:29am

Yup, it was a bead on Etsy described as Boro and I have a customer that would like that color in one of my designs so I will give Purple Haze a try, thank you!

Mary K 2014-01-21 11:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by anxious1 (Post 4513326)
Trying to define what color this bead might be? I believe it is Momka but not sure which color and any help is appreciated.

That's not just one specific color I think. It looks like it has a light core, which makes a huge difference on how a bead will look. It looks like maybe an amber purple type of color was used and then frit. Momka does not make frit herself. If I was trying to duplicate that color I would do a core of serendipity, line it lightly with amber purple then do a mix of purple lustre frit, passion extreme or some other darker silver color frits in large & medium sizes, with of course a clear top layer. How you heat it, flame chemistry, how hot you get it and how you strike it are also all factors. Good luck.

anxious1 2014-01-21 11:58am

Awesome, thank you so much! You guys are amazing!

istandalone24/7 2014-01-21 1:31pm

maybe try it on a rube/red elvis base?

sunray 2014-01-21 4:28pm

1 Attachment(s)
It is Momka's Violet Melody.. We sell a lot of that.. comes in a celery color rod and this these are the colors you will get from it.

e. mort 2014-01-22 4:19pm

Does the violet ruby hold the color under deeper encasement that well? I don't know how big the bead is, but I know that I have better luck with keeping vibrant color like that on the real small stuff.

anxious1 2014-01-24 3:45pm

It was a smaller bead and I did try Amber Purple which gave some decent results but going to try some layering as the larger I went the less color I got but then again I am on a Lynx and likely not working hot enough.

shawnette 2014-01-24 4:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by anxious1 (Post 4516383)
It was a smaller bead and I did try Amber Purple which gave some decent results but going to try some layering as the larger I went the less color I got but then again I am on a Lynx and likely not working hot enough.

Crank it up! A Lynx on tanked oxy can work any color. You just have to make the proper flame adjustments.

anxious1 2014-01-26 2:13pm

Shawnette, ok I tried it and it worked! I am so stoked as I have a ton of Boro and now to play some more. Had no idea the Lynx could handle it!