Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beads of Courage (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   heART That Matters Exhibition Feb. 2016! (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284459)

JetAge Studio 2015-12-31 2:06pm

heART That Matters Exhibition Feb. 2016!

Hi Everyone! I know this is short notice, but we hope you'll be able to submit some work to our first themed art show of the year!

You’re invited to participate in Beads of Courage’s first 2016 bead exhibition! “heART That Matters” is a heart themed, commissioned public exhibition running through the month of February 2016 at the Beads of Courage headquarters in Tucson, AZ. The show will also be spotlighted during our “Bead Inspired” February 6th event! You are welcome to submit up to 10 different pieces, finished into jewelry, or simply heart themed beads for the show. Work must be mailed and/or submitted by January 20th to be included into the show. This is a commission paid show! All work must be accompanied by a BOC commission agreement which will be emailed directly to you by contacting Renee Wiggins at
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(emails with questions are also welcome!). We hope you’ll join us for this heartwarming exhibition!

Eileen 2015-12-31 2:56pm

That sounds really great, but I don't think I can meet the deadline. I hope you get lots of responses and beads though.

HannahRachel 2016-01-03 6:41pm

So I sent an email a couple of days ago. Did it arrive? I haven't heard anything back, although it has been the holiday weekend...

JetAge Studio 2016-01-04 5:02pm

Got it Hannah! :)

PattyK 2016-01-05 2:56pm

Are the beads you are looking for the same type of beads we normally submit? Big beads with bright colors and no metallics on the surface?

JetAge Studio 2016-01-07 9:33pm

Great question. So, these beads are presented for the general public in a gallery setting, you are not bound to make them under the same guidelines as for the kiddos. For this exhibit, we're looking for beads or finished pieces (pendants, jewelry, etc) that have the "heart" in the theme, but that doesn't mean your beads need to be heart shaped. You can have the heart theme inspired in your designs; ie surface decorations, etc. Please email me at
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you would like the consignment info pack emailed to you. You must have the consignment agreement signed for this exhibition as it is a paid exhibition (ie, YOU get paid when we sell your piece!). You do not have to donate! Just a reminder. submissions need to be received by Jan. 20th. :) Feel free to email me with any questions at all!

PattyK 2016-01-08 3:07am

Thanks Renee - great information. Sent you an email. :)

misty 2016-01-08 7:23am

Would this be open to Canadians?

ThirdDegreeBurn 2016-01-08 6:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetAge Studio (Post 4818496)
Great question. So, these beads are presented for the general public in a gallery setting, you are not bound to make them under the same guidelines as for the kiddos. For this exhibit, we're looking for beads or finished pieces (pendants, jewelry, etc) that have the "heart" in the theme, but that doesn't mean your beads need to be heart shaped. You can have the heart theme inspired in your designs; ie surface decorations, etc. Please email me at
if you would like the consignment info pack emailed to you. You must have the consignment agreement signed for this exhibition as it is a paid exhibition (ie, YOU get paid when we sell your piece!). You do not have to donate! Just a reminder. submissions need to be received by Jan. 20th. :) Feel free to email me with any questions at all!

Bummer, I have to travel for work and can't meet the deadline. Do you think there will be another event like this soon? Not sure how this works but it sounds fun.

JetAge Studio 2016-01-11 3:01pm

We'll have things planned throughout the year! We're just fleshing out the details, but we are planning to have ongoing exhibitions and other opportunities for artists to show work or participate in BOC fundraisers. I'll keep you posted! :)

PattyK 2016-01-11 4:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetAge Studio (Post 4819295)
We'll have things planned throughout the year! We're just fleshing out the details, but we are planning to have ongoing exhibitions and other opportunities for artists to show work or participate in BOC fundraisers. I'll keep you posted! :)

Thanks for the update Renee - sounds like fun!