Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Miss Chamilia kids line! Smaller holes? (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192774)

steph1214 2011-04-15 7:01am

Miss Chamilia kids line! Smaller holes?

I have a request to do a line of beads that fits the chamilia kids line. They say the hole is smaller. Any ideas or knowledge out here glassy friends? Ok, thanks I will check back... :)

Steph

chrissij 2011-04-15 11:39am

I'm interested too. I'd like that whole Pandora/Chamilia concept if they were smaller.

steph1214 2011-04-15 12:13pm

I'm thinking since troll does not fit pandora/chamilia that the smaller hole for the kids line would have to be the troll size since it is one size smaller mandrel than chamilia. Still looking!

SuzyQ 2011-04-15 1:12pm

I would just make the hole the same size. It won't matter if it's bigger and it will still fit. I suspect the outside measurement is more important so your beads fit nicely with the ones Chamilia makes.

steph1214 2011-04-15 3:12pm

That's what I thought too but the customer says she wants smaller holes. If it is doable and i have the mandrels already then all is good. I have her putting a troll bead on and if it works then I will just use that size, anything smaller I cannot imagine will work. I do not think she understood that I can make the bead smaller than the normal chamilia beads with the same hole. Oh well, I have plenty of the smaller troll size mandrels so I'm sure that will work. I just wondered if anyone knew off hand and had made beads to go on the kids bracelets

SuzyQ 2011-04-15 6:04pm

Would you mind posting what you find out? It would be really helpful for me. Thanks :)

steph1214 2011-04-15 6:21pm

Yes I will post it when I find out :)

GinnyHampton 2011-04-16 7:00am

I have a customer that orders these . . . un-cored, beads made on a 5/32" mandrel will fit the Miss Chamilia bracelets.

I sent her samples also made on a 1/8" mandrel (too small, didn't fit) and the usual 3/16" mandrel (hole too big) and she said the 5/32" hole was the best.

The beads for Miss Chamilia are TINY (at least for me!).
So, to size correctly, I use the smallest cavity on the donut spacer beadroller which is 5x10.

steph1214 2011-04-16 7:14am

Ginny, thank you so much! That is what I use for troll size and I never core them so it is PERFECT! Thanks for the info on their size, I have not seen them so that will help me out a lot! I guess you are pretty limited to decoration on Them but I will have to think on a small scale, ha ha ha, all of my beads are so dang big. My bad arm might like this for awhile! Hugs!

Steph

GinnyHampton 2011-04-16 7:21am

I like big beads too, so these were a challenge to get used to.
If I remember correctly, she told me the actual Chamilia beads are all around 5mm across so I had to be careful not to make my beads too big.

Guess you can't make any of your big honkin' bumpy beads for this!
:lol:

steph1214 2011-04-16 3:10pm

Ha ha, no kidding, those are weapon size beads, each base bead is almost three rods of glass before I even get started on the dots!

I talked to her today and she is sending me the bracelet and a bead since they do not have glass beads for the kids line. Maybe it is a safety thing? Maybe the company decided that glass on an active kids wrist might pose a threat if it breaks, idk. At least I will be able to see the size of the silver beads and hole. I think I might get the donut roller. Is it the cg line roller? That way I could test size every time and make it much easier on myself. This will be a first in the way of production line beads for me. She also wants beads with the local beach sand in them for tourists. She is sending me sand, so I will see how it goes. :?:

gubnavnania 2011-04-16 7:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinnyHampton (Post 3489574)
I have a customer that orders these . . . un-cored, beads made on a 5/32" mandrel will fit the Miss Chamilia bracelets.

Is that mean, we need to use 3/16" for cored beads then?

steph1214 2011-04-19 1:02pm

Yunita, when I get the bracelet in the mail I will be able to tell. Stay tuned :)

gubnavnania 2011-04-19 2:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by steph1214 (Post 3494107)
Yunita, when I get the bracelet in the mail I will be able to tell. Stay tuned :)

Cool :D thanks Steph .

caliente 2013-04-01 6:35pm

I wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone has any further details on these. Has anyone tried the Miss Chamilia bracelets?

I have a request for beads for one of these. I use a 5/32" mandrel for regular uncored Pandora or other BHB's. Is this really the right size for the smaller bracelet as well?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks :)