View Single Post
  #2  
Old 2007-10-31, 4:24am
LyndaJ's Avatar
LyndaJ LyndaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 21, 2006
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,806
Default

the "trouble" with enamels and powdered glass is that they can become airborne and get into your lungs. Depending how small the glass particles are they can stay suspended in the air for hours.

So, you'll want the mask on the whole time that you are using them.

You'll want good ventilation so that the material that's airborne can get pulled out of your workspace.

and, you'll want to wipe up your area with a disposable, damp cloth when you're done so that anythings that spills or settles out of the air can be easily wiped up and thrown away.
__________________
Lynda
Cheetah, 5 lpm and 7lpm conc/generator (8-9 psi), natural gas (booster), started 11/06
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -- Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote