Thread: I hate luna....
View Single Post
Old 2008-08-12, 8:19pm

I've gotten good results with Luna over white, yellow ice and opal yellow.

Here's what I do (I have a mini CC)

No reducing at all! Use a neutral flame.

Make your base color bead. Wind Luna over it. Then heat until the Luna starts to turn clear...You know how white goes clear when it's hot? That's what I mean by clear! (Make sure your bead is formed how you want it, because you won't be reheating it to the molten stage again or you will lose the color.)

Then, allow the bead to cool are you are rotating it. Make sure all the glow is gone from the bead (I know this is counter-intuitive to what we learned about letting glass get too cold, but trust me!) You can put the bead under the table to see if the glow is really gone.

Now, your Luna should be mostly clear over the base bead, with maybe a hint of brown.

Put the bead at the END of your flame and slowly rotate. Pretty quickly (1 or 2 seconds) you will see the bead start to turn brown..this is good! Keep the bead in the same spot for about 15-20 seconds allowing it to heat up slowly, but not getting molten.

After this, let it cool a bit to see what colors showed up to the party. You can repeat the slow heating at the end of the flame, and more colors should show up.

This is a bead with a base of opal yellow, and Luna on top, made using the exact steps I mentioned. I think I only did the heating cycle twice on it.

Good luck! Once you get the hang of it you will be hopelessly addicted!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.