View Single Post
Old 2008-03-12, 4:10pm
Guera loca

Hi. My name is Barb and I'm a glass hoarder. (Or is that just a glass ho? ... or both?)

After a long period of not buying glass when I was unemployed for more than a year, I've gone a bit nuts with it since I started working again 13 months ago. Last summer, when I finished rebuilding my studio and finally had enough (yeah, RIGHT) glass storage, I was able to finally see it all in one place. YIKES!

There are colors that I like so much that, over time, I probably bought a little more every time I ordered glass. I do use a lot of those colors, but I really went overboard. However, as the dollar weakens against the euro, and as the cost of glass continues to rise, I now think of it as investing in glass futures. Especially with the odd colors that seem to appreciate in value. If my streaky pink is worth a lot now, what will it bring in a few years when other stashes are gone? Same with amber rose, chardonnay, some of the corals, and the other special colors.

If I have learned nothing else in the years I've been buying glass, it's that the color that tugs at my heartstrings today just might not even be there tomorrow, so I stock up when I can. It doesn't spoil, and I've never regretted investing in glass.

Now I just have to find time to melt it more often!!!

Barb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- our restaurant