View Single Post
Old 2005-07-24, 11:53am
PyronamixK

Quote:
"The fact that nobody understands you doesn't make you an artist" - Zuma game, Level 12-7
Hehe. Bill, I saw that on Zuma, too.

Out of curiosity, I would like to know what the parameters were for the testing. How far was the lens from the IR source? How far was the reader from the lens?

No one is doubting the test results. It is clear that at whatever distances they were performed, AuraLens offered more IR protection than Boroscopes. But, I think that the distance thing plays an important role in real-life application.

No one would argue that a five point harness, an air bag, and a roll cage offers superior protection in a roll-over crash than a seat beal and an air bag. But, do you really need it (even if you drive all day)? Taxi drivers don't.

Also, I would like to know if AUR 286s offer more protection than ACE lenses with flip-down welders' shades (glass, not faded plastic). There is no doubt that they are more comfortable for some.

And for the record, I have NO affiliation with Phillip's Safety. I do not even own a pair of Boroscopes.

Last edited by kbinkster; 2005-07-24 at 11:55am.