View Single Post
Old 2007-11-15, 11:43am

Hey guys, I haven't had TIME to make a tut of my method for you all, but I plan to at some point... let me share this info tho:

SHOCKY twisties are usually full of AIR! Yup... if when you are applying glass to glasss, you trap air, and don't manage to remove the trapped air when heating the mass of glass before pulling, the air causes your twisty to POP/shatter.

One of the most difficult (for me) aspects of turning out a large volume of twisties, is finding a way to melt large amounts of glass, remove ALL the air, AND produce a long pull with a tight twist, simultaneously.

Using a mandrel spinner helps with the latter, but removing the air is time consuming, involving moving your mass of glass thru the flame in the same direction, repeatedly and squeezing the air out that way.

PPP!
Hugs
Lynnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by afina View Post
Hi!
Mine are shocky, too! Got used to it. I think it is because i tend to heat and reheat them while twisting, so that different parts of it had different amounts of heat. And I fairly often twist bubbles, too . But I warm them slowly in the far part of the flame, like shocky glass (anis e.g.) and this works O.K. for me.
Verena

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: