View Single Post
Old 2008-06-07, 5:39am

Kbinkster, thanks for all the data.
Hayley, Scott, Mr. Smiley, and everyone we all rely on your knowledge. I already need a hotter torch so I am waiting with baited breath for the outcome of all this research.

Is there a way to trully measure BTUs of a flame without actually heating water or do all the appliance and grill mfg. just use a formula based on fuel consumption? I can't see the grill companies actually testing each different size burner for BTUs. I think they cheat.

I guess what I am asking of all our super bright peaple here is, is there a way we will ever realistically get this data?

It does seem kinda silly that we all buy these expensive torches without this info and we wouldn't even consider buying a propane grill without knowing.

I guess it wouldn't matter so much if everyone had the ability to test drive all the torches first to see what the best fit would be, but this is not possible. Most of us make decisions based on our fellow glass workers recomendations and then order them and pray we haven't made a bum call. I think all the torches being considered are excellent products it is just finding the match for the working style and the type of glass, and the fuel and oxy consumption that gets hard to compare. All your hard work will make this easier for those of use who haven't even seen these torches run, let alone used one.

Thanks for all your hard work,

Alison