View Single Post
Old 2010-07-24, 10:33pm
Attack of the Snuggie!

Quoted to save it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbinkster View Post
Here are the maximum consumption rates for various torches used for lampworking. I'm starting this off with the numbers that I had off the top of my head or easily at hand. I will edit as necessary to reflect accurate rates and to add more data. Most rates were taken from the manufacturers. Some rates were acquired through testing that I had done and will be noted with[*].

Some rates are what is measured when the valves are all the way open. Other rates are what is measured when running the largest usable flame. I feel that these are the most useful numbers and will note them with [++]

Disclaimer: While I have made every effort to ensure that this information is correct, I cannot gaurantee it. Use this data at your own risk.

Most of these rates are listed as cubic feet per hour (CFH). To convert to LPM, multiply by 0.472.

Where I have both oxygen and fuel consumption rates listed, I list the oxygen rate first. Fuel will be for propane unless otherwise noted.

GTT
Bobcat:
Lynx: ++14-15 CFH / 3.5 CFH
Cheetah: ++22 CFH
Phantom: ++35-40 CFH
Mirage: ++55 CFH
Delta Elite: ++65 CFH
Delta Mag: ++80-90 CFH
Cobra:
Python:
Viper:

Bethlehem
Minnow: 20 CFH
Betta: 12 CFH
Piranha/centerfire: (++*16 CFH oxy), 9.6 CFH / 2.8 CFH
Barracuda: ++42 CFH / 8.4 CFH
Tiger Shark: ++48 CFH / 12 CFH
Great White: ++84.5 CFH/ 48.1 CFH
PM2D: ++65 CFH / 37 CFH

Carlisle
Mini CC: 7 LPM (standard usage)
Wildcat:
Hellcat:
Lucio torch:
CC: ++*80 CFH
CC+:
Black Widow:

Nortel
Minor: ++14 CFH
Mega Minor:
Midrange:
Major:
RedMax:
Red Rocket:
SSQ:

Knight
Little Dragon 7-hole: 50 CFH/25 CFH (NG)
Little Dragin 21-hole: 150 CFH/75 CFH (NG)
Bullet: 50 CFH/25 CFH (NG) for the center and 100 CFH/50 CFH (NG) for just the outer = for a toal of 150 CFH/75 CFH (NG)
Dragon Fire: 180 CFH/90 CFH
Dragon Master: 330 CFH/165 CFH
Dragon Slayer: 676 CFH/338 CFH

Premier
National 8M SM7 tip:
National 8M SM21 tip:

Herbert Arnold
Arni:
Zenit 65: 165.9 CFH

As we get more and more information together, I will put this all in a spreadsheet that will be much easier to read.

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

...Stephen F Roberts