View Single Post
Old 2006-06-28, 9:52am

Default Great!

Been thinking about doing this for some time and now you have forced me into getting busy and see what I can come up with as I love to make tools.

Bet the small hole puntuated screen that I got for my my kiln to hold rods would make a great pattern to push down on a bead or a long bicone bead rolled on it. Off to the garage to look around and see what else I can find to make textures.

Will have to take a look at my kitchen tools as well. Bet you could stab a bunch of dents in a pattern with just using a old stainless dinner fork such as making a border design on a pressed bead. Could turn a stainless spoon upside down and press a series of small arches with the tip in a design down the middle.

Hmm! Always willing to take a risk. Wonder if any of the ton of cake decorating tips I have would hold up against hot glass. I have some heavy duty ones from 35 or 40 years ago. There are some great patterns in cake decorating tips. Probably have to grip them with pliers as you press as they may heat up pretty fast and keep dipping them in cold water.

Thanks for getting my brain out of cruise control, Peg M