View Single Post
Old 2008-03-30, 8:18pm

Mike and Dale could you post pic's ? It would be a big help for any one reading this thread. After all how can we compare Apples with Oranges if all we have are Apples.

I have two objectives when I shoot. First to show the beads, the second and most importantly create a branding for my product. When people see my photos they know who's beads their looking at. This is a tried and true concept of marketing and advertising.

Your wondering what the heck does that have to do with this topic. Well simply this. I try to create an image that is more then just showing the beads. An image that has emotion, movement and seduces the viewer to spend time with it. Dale, you are proof of that. Your last comments although dismissive were still engaged. You had to study the photo and think about it. In short you were draw in.

Everyone will have different reactions to one style or another. The real trick to selling on the internet is stopping people in their tracks and making them look. The more time you can get them to spend look at your photography the more they spend with your beads. Thats what you want.

I ask the question about blessing or curse because I use to retouch out the high lights. This showed the beads better but I lost the movement and emotion. When I started to leave the high lights in I got hundreds of comments like " Wow you have to make the most shiniest beads in the world." And we all know that one non etched bead is just as shinny as the next no mater who makes it.

Like I said its all about trade offs and personal preference.
Scott

P.S. Don't get me started with starburst.

ESTY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tanner Studios; 2008-03-30 at 8:22pm.