View Single Post
Old 2008-04-01, 8:34pm

Lighting is lighting, weather you are shinning it on apples or oranges. All of the jewlery shots I've done were taken back in the late 70's with an RB67 system. I don't have those images scanned in. All of the pictures I could show now are not about glass, but about things inside of glass and liquid, which throws a whole lot more complexity into the lighting because you no only have to not get reflective highlights showing up in the wrong places, but you have to light the object inside correctly. I do use a light tent a lot and understand about reflective light, highlights, when it works and when it doesn't. The example work I have done with the glass I'm fusing were all done with a single flash just to record the object. I've not really created any glass work that I feel worth taking the time to set up my equipment for. I'm new at fusing glass, just not photography.

If what you do works for you and you are happy with it, then that's all that should matter to you. But to me, you aren't showing your work at it's best.

Mike