View Single Post
Old 2008-04-04, 12:48am

I'd like to see a reflection photo too.

Just for comparison's sake (expensive vs cheap), my now less than $100 mavica with only regular lighting and factory macro lens does flower closeups pretty well too.

A small flashlight in the dark behind the white flower (night blooming cereus), kitchen table shot water droplets on hibiscus, a moth on my back porch under the porch light (no flash- note, the moth was roughly 8 mm in wingspan).

No photoshop work at all on any of them, except cropping, not even color correction. If I played with the color saturation... they would be something. The orange flower btw is what I used as a background for my website. Picked a flower from my backyard, wet it at the sink, put it on my kitchen counter and shot it.

The last pix is all messed with, saturation, few thingies added, massive compression (to 10kb), but it's the 2nd shot.

You guys may not be interested, but I got a few PM questions about the Mavica, so I thought I'd keep this on the same thread.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Non-Glass Sites:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Hels; 2008-04-04 at 4:22am.