View Single Post
Old 2012-01-02, 10:21am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila D. View Post
Okay....the guy at Kits Cameras was trying to sell me on Sony DSLR with a seperate macro lense. The thing I liked about the Sony is, it is designed for people like me, it tells you what to do right on the LCD! Any opinions on a Sony?
LCD screen does not always tell you what to do.... It is only what camera "thinks" is correct.... There is times it will lie to you.... And by the time you figure it out the "shot" is misses if shooting "live"...

I have a SONY A300 (10 megapixel - several years old) with 18/70 mm lens and am not overly impresses with it.... I bought it on recommendation from my sister and nephew who both have Sony's.... It's a snapshot DSLR, not really a bad camera, but I believe now (after purchase) Cannon of equal value would have been better choice... Also the "Sony" branded line of lenses are more limited than the Cannon or Nikon line... Yes I know older Minolta lenses will fit body, but....

One thing I found so totally frustration is sometimes camera will not "snap" picture, yes it on, yes its focuses, but maybe does not like shutter speed or lighting (F-stop) and you press shutter release and "nothing" ... It will not always take picture unconditionally... Several animal shots and some "events" I have missed because of this, and its possible I could have save the image with photo software tricks but not having image at all.. Well....

I'm not a pro, in fact I'm probably a "average" picture taker (notice I did not say photographer), and while I understand the camera pretty much and am trying to move up to another level of "photography" its frustrating to have camera fight with me....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2012-01-02 at 10:26am.