View Single Post
Old 2015-02-05, 10:23pm

I think that if you have a really good coating of conductive paint one heavier wire on the stem (18 gauge) would be enough. Mind you, I have never worked with the graphite powder...so you are on your own with that one. Try it on the shells, they are non porous. but the powder needs some type of lubricant to make it stick. Another way to get the wire to stick on is with wax (jewelers wax) keeping in mind that the wax would also need a coating of your conductive material, either paint or the graphite. You might ask Hannah how she is doing with her graphite powder/latex paint application! Can anyone answer this...is graphite some type of metal material?? How does it conduct the electricity is what I am wondering?? Does it have a high quantity of lead??? Going to look on the internet. Maybe I will find answers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.