View Single Post
Old 2006-11-01, 8:16am
I poop flowers.

Hi everyone. I am new here, and new to lampworking as well. I have been reading through some threads, and am in the process of getting my garage set up to be my workshop, and now I`m worried about the propane situation.
I am just starting out, so I have the Hothead setup with a bottle of MAPP gas. I plan to torch with the garage door open, but in the winter when I can`t do that, I`m not sure what the plan will be next. I have seen the warnings about storing the tanks outside, and was wondering if that applies to the small bottles like I will be using, or just the larger tanks? We have no outdoor shed where we can store anything. Our garage is not heated, and in the winter we run a small electric heater there which does a pretty good job of heating the place. We have no lawn mower in there, or gas for one, and we don`t park in there. I am wondering what other dangers there could be to storing a bottle or 2 of gas in there. I have not decided what to do about ventilation in the winter, as there are no windows in the garage. I welcome any comments...